FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey guys,

I want to start talking housing. Should we set up a new topic? Where would be the best place to do it?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Hey guys,

I want to start talking housing. Should we set up a new topic? Where would be the best place to do it?


Here is prob fine so people can reference it. I've been craigslisting for a bit now. Found a few houses, but none that really seem to fit exactly what I want. Hmm..

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 pm

After a quick look at hotpads.com there seems to be some decent 1BR/1BR for $500/month with semester leases near campus...not sure what to expect price-wise, as I am from Miami where everything is inflated to hell.

If there are any current students reading, when is the best time to make a decision and begin looking at housing? I REALLY hope to hear back from UF and make my decision the weekend of FSU's ASD, as I will visit Gainseville on my trip.

User avatar
berto24
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby berto24 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:03 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:After a quick look at hotpads.com there seems to be some decent 1BR/1BR for $500/month with semester leases near campus...not sure what to expect price-wise, as I am from Miami where everything is inflated to hell.

If there are any current students reading, when is the best time to make a decision and begin looking at housing? I REALLY hope to hear back from UF and make my decision the weekend of FSU's ASD, as I will visit Gainseville on my trip.



I graduated from FSU in '07. If you have specific questions about housing PM me. $500/month is about average. You might be able to find places for less than that. There are several options near the Law School. You do want to start looking now, as the good apartment complexes tend to fill up by May.

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:03 pm

I'll also be looking for a 1/1. I feel like it would be best to completely avoid any roommate drama during 1L. I've got some buddies in Tally that are going to give me a few places to check out. I'll update the thread with any info.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Anyone coming from @ the Tampa area want to carpool for admitted scholars day??

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby charlesxavier » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 pm

In today. Applied early September and put on hold earlier this month. I am most likely not going to attend, but it is nice to have an option close to home.

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 pm

...
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

lawschoolstudent85 wrote:Parking is not an issue. If you have 8:00 classes, which most days you will, there will be spots available in the law school lot. If the the law lot fails you there is a dirt lot and a garage right across Macomb. One way or another you'll find a spot. Directly across the street is the Civic Center lot. For $180 a semester you'll never have to worry about parking no matter the hour of the day.

Any other questions of this sort I'd be happy to answer. Fire away.


Thanks for your help. Are there any decent apartments close enough to campus where I'd be able to ride a bike to class? That might cement my decision lol.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Bless » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
lawschoolstudent85 wrote:Parking is not an issue. If you have 8:00 classes, which most days you will, there will be spots available in the law school lot. If the the law lot fails you there is a dirt lot and a garage right across Macomb. One way or another you'll find a spot. Directly across the street is the Civic Center lot. For $180 a semester you'll never have to worry about parking no matter the hour of the day.

Any other questions of this sort I'd be happy to answer. Fire away.


Thanks for your help. Are there any decent apartments close enough to campus where I'd be able to ride a bike to class? That might cement my decision lol.

Absolutely...countless, in fact. You could ride your bike practically anywhere in Tallahassee. The college area of Tally is quite small. I did my undergrad there.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:40 am

Do we need to register for the scholars day?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:43 am

Yes, I believe so, they have a link for it in the email.

I saw in the UF thread that there is a Facebook page for admitted students. Is there one for FSU? If not they should get one going!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:Yes, I believe so, they have a link for it in the email.

I saw in the UF thread that there is a Facebook page for admitted students. Is there one for FSU? If not they should get one going!


Yeah man I'm on it :)

User avatar
Rivers711
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Rivers711 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:50 am

In yesterday (1/31), applied 1/27. Really quick decision. Just waiting on UF now...

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 am

...
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:52 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:Yes, I believe so, they have a link for it in the email.

I saw in the UF thread that there is a Facebook page for admitted students. Is there one for FSU? If not they should get one going!


So I just went on facebook to look for one, and one has already been made by an FSU admin! Just joined. 8)

rockylo88
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:08 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby rockylo88 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:41 pm

"Current Status: HOLD
Current Status Date: 2/1/2011"

This is spectacular.
161/3.4

llaw2011
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby llaw2011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Application complete since 1/19/11 - Does anyone know about how long before I will receive some type of response?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Found the facebook group! Hope to see you guys on there.

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:34 am

...
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby alicrimson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:14 am

rockylo88 wrote:"Current Status: HOLD
Current Status Date: 2/1/2011"

This is spectacular.
161/3.4


I would like that at this point. I've been complete since very early November.
160/3.75

rockylo88
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:08 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby rockylo88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:49 pm

alicrimson wrote:
rockylo88 wrote:"Current Status: HOLD
Current Status Date: 2/1/2011"

This is spectacular.
161/3.4


I would like that at this point. I've been complete since very early November.
160/3.75


Not sure how the rest of your cycle is going, but I haven't been admitted to a single school. That being said, most of my December apps were to reaches (T20) and I applied to the 3 FL schools in January.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 pm

wait, I thought ASD was only for scholarship recipients (I just got in haven't heard anything) ? Some of you had been calling it admitted scholars day ? Why did the lady on the phone tell me about March 25th when I just got an email about Feb 18 ?

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:09 pm

ASD = Admitted Students Day, i.e. everyone who can make it is welcome to come. This is March 25th.
Scholars' Day = weekend for top applicants, Feb. 18th.

That said, who's going to Scholars day? I'm RSVPing now, but us TLSers who are going should definitely meet up at some point

PS Has anyone this cycle or last had any luck receiving a travel stipend by asking for one? I don't need $250, but gas money would help.
Last edited by mteevin on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Sandro wrote:wait, I thought ASD was only for scholarship recipients (I just got in haven't heard anything) ? Some of you had been calling it admitted scholars day ? Why did the lady on the phone tell me about March 25th when I just got an email about Feb 18 ?


Either you don't think before typing or you haven't read the thread at all, but that means you should be expecting some sort of scholarship-- if you were just invited to admitted SCHOLARS day lol

congrats?


mteevin- how do we RSVP? I'll be there! Prob thurs night and leave fri night though....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Anon.y.mousse., Cloture, GoGreen17, Lawl_Schoolz, Rich Uncle Skeleton, spookyg_g_ghost and 31 guests