FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mteevin

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Barbie wrote:Not sure if I already asked this, but I dont remember what it is... what is FSUs curve???? I know UFs is @ 3.15 and ILL is @ 3.2.. but I've heard FSUs is tight... any insight? :D


http://www.law.fsu.edu/current_students/rules/grading.pdf

User avatar
Barbie

Gold
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 pm

mteevin wrote:
Barbie wrote:Not sure if I already asked this, but I dont remember what it is... what is FSUs curve???? I know UFs is @ 3.15 and ILL is @ 3.2.. but I've heard FSUs is tight... any insight? :D


http://www.law.fsu.edu/current_students/rules/grading.pdf



Mer. So @ 2.9-3.0?

User avatar
mteevin

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:41 pm

AHHHHH WTF!

"Decision made and will arrive by mail."

No phone call, e-mail or anything -- this is nervewracking.

User avatar
NCtoDC

Silver
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

mteevin wrote:AHHHHH WTF!

"Decision made and will arrive by mail."

No phone call, e-mail or anything -- this is nervewracking.


Wow, me too! I don't think that is good news for us :-/ Did everyone receive their decisions via snail mail?

cr1stina

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby cr1stina » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 pm

JUST GOT A CALL.....IN!!!!! I submitted on 1/14, went complete 1/18 (3.16/166)

Sandro

Gold
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:50 pm

phone call - in

User avatar
Barbie

Gold
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:51 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
mteevin wrote:AHHHHH WTF!

"Decision made and will arrive by mail."

No phone call, e-mail or anything -- this is nervewracking.


Wow, me too! I don't think that is good news for us :-/ Did everyone receive their decisions via snail mail?


I wouldn't freak-- they are busy as shit now compared to when I was admitted and got a phone call (September or October). I even called and bugged them today. FSU is pretty easy to figure out if you're going to get in or not. They are pretty clean cut about the #s they accept haha

User avatar
Barbie

Gold
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Congrats yall!!!! Any of you seriously considering attending?

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Phone call- I got in!!
(3.0/165)

cr1stina

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby cr1stina » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Barbie wrote:Congrats yall!!!! Any of you seriously considering attending?


Definitely....its my first acceptance though, and I ultimately want to practice in S. Florida. I'm really considering going to the admitted students day/week thing but I haven't really looked into it yet.

User avatar
mteevin

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm

Congrats, all!

Sandro

Gold
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:55 pm

ASW is Friday March 25. IU and UGA's are March 26. :?

User avatar
Dr. Strangelove

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Barbie wrote:Congrats yall!!!! Any of you seriously considering attending?


Thanks!
I'm still on the fence about whether I want to go to law school or not next year..but if I do, very likely.

User avatar
NCtoDC

Silver
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Jumped the gun....in via phone call :-)

User avatar
SMA22

Bronze
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby SMA22 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 pm

In via phone :D

User avatar
pinkcamellia

Silver
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Still sitting at complete 1/18... maybe I'll get a phone call while I'm in class :/

User avatar
Barbie

Gold
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Sandro wrote:ASW is Friday March 25. IU and UGA's are March 26. :?


Hopefully you get invited to admitted scholars day then!

User avatar
mteevin

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Hope I did too! Any scholarship offers for anyone this round of acceptances?

User avatar
NCtoDC

Silver
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby NCtoDC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 pm

mteevin wrote:Hope I did too! Any scholarship offers for anyone this round of acceptances?


Do they tell you that over the phone? I didn't ask.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat

Platinum
Posts: 5180
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Congratulations to everyone!

Sandro, I know you've been waiting for quite some time.

And Barbie, I can sense your confusion because you changed your avatar lol.

Hope to see you guys at ASD! (And maybe ASW, depending on how things turn out)

User avatar
pinkcamellia

Silver
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby pinkcamellia » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:02 pm

Congrats, all! Do you think they are done calling for today?

User avatar
berto24

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby berto24 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:04 pm

Waiting for the call...

User avatar
mteevin

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mteevin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:Congrats, all! Do you think they are done calling for today?


i hope not! i'm expected to be admitted but have yet to hear...this is starting to freak me out

cr1stina

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby cr1stina » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
mteevin wrote:Hope I did too! Any scholarship offers for anyone this round of acceptances?


Do they tell you that over the phone? I didn't ask.


I asked and she said that for the people they're calling today, if they receive one, it should be within the coming week but via email.

Sandro

Gold
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:10 pm

cr1stina wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:
mteevin wrote:Hope I did too! Any scholarship offers for anyone this round of acceptances?


Do they tell you that over the phone? I didn't ask.


I asked and she said that for the people they're calling today, if they receive one, it should be within the coming week but via email.



Ohh thats awesome. I almost wanted to ask.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests