FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sean Bateman

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sean Bateman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

i went up last year for scholars day, and a few weeks later was offered a full ride....
on that note, those of you coming up, us 1Ls will be ready to party aka show you how good life is at FSU law

Swanky

Postby Swanky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Cool, I just got an e-mail offering me a travel stipend. That's pretty nice, considering it's an 8 hour car trip from here... Maybe I will make the trek up to Tally.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Swanky wrote:Cool, I just got an e-mail offering me a travel stipend. That's pretty nice, considering it's an 8 hour car trip from here... Maybe I will make the trek up to Tally.

Exact same for me, had you already registered for the ASD? A travel stipend would be terrific.

Swanky

Postby Swanky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Swanky wrote:Cool, I just got an e-mail offering me a travel stipend. That's pretty nice, considering it's an 8 hour car trip from here... Maybe I will make the trek up to Tally.

Exact same for me, had you already registered for the ASD? A travel stipend would be terrific.

I had not. I've been so busy at work that contemplating any kind of travel has been difficult. This may have nudged me toward registering, though!

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Swanky wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:

I had not. I've been so busy at work that contemplating any kind of travel has been difficult. This may have nudged me toward registering, though!

Awesome! Did they give you any details about the travel stipend? Is a specific amount or just whatever it costs to fly there and get a hotel, etc...?

Swanky

Postby Swanky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:43 pm

MattThiessen wrote:
Swanky wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:

Awesome! Did they give you any details about the travel stipend? Is a specific amount or just whatever it costs to fly there and get a hotel, etc...?

Up to $250 for travel expenses (airfare/car costs, hotel, and meals up to $20). Pretty nice!

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Would be sweet to land that after dropping several hundred yesterday for the airfare alone.

rockylo88

Postby rockylo88 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 am

Under review on 1/27 complete on 1/12, I think...

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:

I live like, 4.5 hours away but I would still need a hotel room so I want one :(

Also, Sean Batemen: Did you have another scholarship offer prior and they upped it? Or you didn't have one and then you got one?

Sean Bateman

Postby Sean Bateman » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Barbie, I actually got the scholarship offer a few weeks after scholars day. To this day, I really am not sure of the difference between scholars day and admitted students day, but we think that the kids who are invited to scholars day are the higher caliber acceptances, ones who will be getting scholarships, etc (Class ranking came out today, I got top 20%, woo!)

Also, they didn't offer me a travel stipend but I e-mailed and asked for one, and then they gave it..good luck all!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 am

Sean Bateman wrote:Barbie, I actually got the scholarship offer a few weeks after scholars day. To this day, I really am not sure of the difference between scholars day and admitted students day, but we think that the kids who are invited to scholars day are the higher caliber acceptances, ones who will be getting scholarships, etc (Class ranking came out today, I got top 20%, woo!)

Also, they didn't offer me a travel stipend but I e-mailed and asked for one, and then they gave it..good luck all!

Nice. How far were you coming from? I've already been offered a 20k total scholarship from FSU. Just wondering if that could be raised by going to ASD and being awesome :)

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 am

Barbie wrote:
Sean Bateman wrote:Barbie, I actually got the scholarship offer a few weeks after scholars day. To this day, I really am not sure of the difference between scholars day and admitted students day, but we think that the kids who are invited to scholars day are the higher caliber acceptances, ones who will be getting scholarships, etc (Class ranking came out today, I got top 20%, woo!)

Nice. How far were you coming from? I've already been offered a 20k total scholarship from FSU. Just wondering if that could be raised by going to ASD and being awesome :)

This doubles for me. Also got the 20k scholarship and would love another year tacked onto it. Received a travel stipend today; FSU is doing a fantastic job presenting itself. From the beginning of the application process they have been great. STRONGLY considering attending over paying sticker at UF.

mteevin

Postby mteevin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:48 am

hey all,

i've been lurking on this thread for a while but im going to jump in because I had a quick question for everyone:
how long after your application went to "under review" did you wait for a decision? i went complete thursday, and switched to under review friday after i responded to the admissions director via e-mail regarding an ED i listed on my app. I'm pretty sure i'm an auto-admit, but just curious how long people have been waiting.

thanks and i hope to see you all in tallahassee!

minuit

Postby minuit » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:31 pm

the same thing happened recently to another person... they were stuck at complete, admissions emailed them asking about the ED, then that person went under review and was admitted quickly. so this bodes well for you hopefully :)

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 pm

UR late yesterday wooo... need a decent scholarship to make FSU an option though.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:48 pm

mteevin wrote:hey all,

i've been lurking on this thread for a while but im going to jump in because I had a quick question for everyone:
how long after your application went to "under review" did you wait for a decision? i went complete thursday, and switched to under review friday after i responded to the admissions director via e-mail regarding an ED i listed on my app. I'm pretty sure i'm an auto-admit, but just curious how long people have been waiting.

thanks and i hope to see you all in tallahassee!

Hey,

took about a week and a half to be accepted. Not auto-admit, but 166. Hope they throw you some money.

mteevin

Postby mteevin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm not sure about my money situation...is there any history of splitters picking up $$$ this cycle? sitting at 3.3/170

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 pm

mteevin wrote:I'm not sure about my money situation...is there any history of splitters picking up $$$ this cycle? sitting at 3.3/170

Edit: Thought you were a flame, went through your post history, obviously not.

Anyways, yes, 3.0/166 got me $20,000 from FSU. You are looking at excellent money from Emory. Expect a windfall if you go to UF/FSU. Congrats on a good score.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 pm

1/2/3Ls: How is the housing situation? Are there nice 3 or so bedroom houses available for married couples? Do you guys have many married couples attending?

gov

Postby gov » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Barbie wrote:1/2/3Ls: How is the housing situation? Are there nice 3 or so bedroom houses available for married couples? Do you guys have many married couples attending?

15 or so minutes away there are a lot of nice developments. Around campus many of them are not kept up at all and you will be renting from scummy landlords. There are some where many undergrads live, but it depends what you are looking for.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I'll be scouting out housing before the ASD so that I can check while I'm up there. I've driven 35 minutes to school for 5 years and would love to be able to just ride a bike. Save a TON of money.

Does anyone plan on going out that night? I heard Bullwinkle's is a good time.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:18 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:I'll be scouting out housing before the ASD so that I can check while I'm up there. I've driven 35 minutes to school for 5 years and would love to be able to just ride a bike. Save a TON of money.

I have a feeling if I try to go out while I'm up there I'll end up convincing myself not to go there lol

gov

Postby gov » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:I'll be scouting out housing before the ASD so that I can check while I'm up there. I've driven 35 minutes to school for 5 years and would love to be able to just ride a bike. Save a TON of money.

I have a feeling if I try to go out while I'm up there I'll end up convincing myself not to go there lol

Bullwinkles is SO much fun. $10 all you can drink. [then again, anything is fun when its all you can drink....]

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:20 pm

govorett wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Bullwinkles is SO much fun. $10 all you can drink. [then again, anything is fun when its all you can drink....]

Undergrady? Last time I was there we went to 2 places (with my friends from HS still in UG) and one I don't remember the name and the other was AJ's I think and it was AWFUULLLLLL. Smelled like throw up and had tons of underagers.

gov

Postby gov » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Barbie wrote:Undergrady? Last time I was there we went to 2 places (with my friends from HS still in UG) and one I don't remember the name and the other was AJ's I think and it was AWFUULLLLLL. Smelled like throw up and had tons of underagers.

Well Bulls is strictly 21+ and they will arrest you if you try to get in with a fake. There is a deck out back with live music if you want to chill and then inside is like a normal club. It's pretty good for just chilling and then if you want to dance you can go inside. AJs is horrible, along with Bajas and Chubbys.

20/20 is new..haven't been there yet. But its pretty popular too.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”