FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
plt06
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby plt06 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:44 pm

NCtoDC wrote:FSU has been the most complicated school I have applied to. It is also the only school that I actually paid an app fee for. They are requiring documentation for things that no other schools have had an issue with....such a pain in the ass. It is not high on my list and the only reason I am bothering with the documentation is because I paid for the app....


UF did that to me last year with my in-state status. Totally jerked me around on that then denied my petition to defer so I could finish another degree, even though I had an addendum on my app that told them I'd have to defer. State schools unfortunately have the capacity to display bureaucracy at its worst.

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby leefair123 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:19 pm

bsm909 wrote:Sorry to hear that...though its better than a rejection! Odd its different than a wait list though!

When did you go complete? Mind sharing your numbers?

leefair123 wrote:Thank you for your interest in and application to the Florida State University College of Law. This year’s application pool is highly competitive. At this time, your application has received an initial review and it is being placed in our HOLD category. The admissions committee wants to continue to consider your application in the future. Please note that our HOLD category is NOT our waitlist. Our application deadline is May 1, 2011. Your file may be reviewed multiple times before or after this deadline for a final decision regarding your application to the law school. All decisions will be made by May 31, 2011.


as of 1/19

uhoh...





158 3.65 florida resident in state undergrad

User avatar
dink3500
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby dink3500 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Is there any point of checking status checkers on the weekend?

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby NCtoDC » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't think so. Pretty sure the admissions staff have M-F, 9-5 positions.

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby SixStrings11 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 pm

leefair123 wrote:
bsm909 wrote:Sorry to hear that...though its better than a rejection! Odd its different than a wait list though!

When did you go complete? Mind sharing your numbers?

leefair123 wrote:Thank you for your interest in and application to the Florida State University College of Law. This year’s application pool is highly competitive. At this time, your application has received an initial review and it is being placed in our HOLD category. The admissions committee wants to continue to consider your application in the future. Please note that our HOLD category is NOT our waitlist. Our application deadline is May 1, 2011. Your file may be reviewed multiple times before or after this deadline for a final decision regarding your application to the law school. All decisions will be made by May 31, 2011.


as of 1/19

uhoh...





158 3.65 florida resident in state undergrad


Also on hold. And oddly enough, same exact stats.. Point for point... Good luck to you.

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby leefair123 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:17 pm

thanks and ditto... im hoping for some movement from fsu or uf otherwise UM it is i think

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:50 pm

Havent recieved my packet in the mail yet, would anyboyd be able to tell me when FSU requires a committment/deposit? I'm worried that UF will take so long that I'll have no choice but to commit to FSU. It also doesnt help UF takes an additional 3-4 weeks to get back Fin. Aid info.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:53 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:Havent recieved my packet in the mail yet, would anyboyd be able to tell me when FSU requires a committment/deposit? I'm worried that UF will take so long that I'll have no choice but to commit to FSU. It also doesnt help UF takes an additional 3-4 weeks to get back Fin. Aid info.


I believe the seat deposit (which is cheap, $200) is due by April 15, but I do not have the forms on me. If you feel like you will need the summer to decide you can put in a deposit on both schools and give yourself time to decide.

I filled out the scholarship information in the middle of December, does anyone have any idea when I will be hearing back?

I'll be taking a roadtrip to Gainesville and Tally at the end of February to make my decision, hope to see you guys there!

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby fiery_searcher » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:Havent recieved my packet in the mail yet, would anyboyd be able to tell me when FSU requires a committment/deposit? I'm worried that UF will take so long that I'll have no choice but to commit to FSU. It also doesnt help UF takes an additional 3-4 weeks to get back Fin. Aid info.


I believe the seat deposit (which is cheap, $200) is due by April 15, but I do not have the forms on me. If you feel like you will need the summer to decide you can put in a deposit on both schools and give yourself time to decide.

I filled out the scholarship information in the middle of December, does anyone have any idea when I will be hearing back?

I'll be taking a roadtrip to Gainesville and Tally at the end of February to make my decision, hope to see you guys there!



Just double checked my acceptance letter, the $200 deposit is due by April 1.

I filled out the scholarship forms around mid-December as well, still nothing.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:41 pm

alright guys, thanks...that should be enough time

vdbl1901
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:07 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby vdbl1901 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

I went complete on 12/03/2010 and my application status is still showing application complete.
My numbers are 163/3.48 LSDAS gpa. Is there anyone on here with similar numbers who have not changed to under review. Should this be cause for any concern?

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:22 pm

vdbl1901 wrote:I went complete on 12/03/2010 and my application status is still showing application complete.
My numbers are 163/3.48 LSDAS gpa. Is there anyone on here with similar numbers who have not changed to under review. Should this be cause for any concern?


FSU is the only school with a status checker that I applied to mid December who still has me at complete. I'm confused as to how some schools i applied to a week after FSU could have already reviewed and decided on me and FSU still is sitting at complete. I'm even Under Review at schools I applied to early January......

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
vdbl1901 wrote:I went complete on 12/03/2010 and my application status is still showing application complete.
My numbers are 163/3.48 LSDAS gpa. Is there anyone on here with similar numbers who have not changed to under review. Should this be cause for any concern?


FSU is the only school with a status checker that I applied to mid December who still has me at complete. I'm confused as to how some schools i applied to a week after FSU could have already reviewed and decided on me and FSU still is sitting at complete. I'm even Under Review at schools I applied to early January......


Try early November... :roll: Such a long time. Any minute now...haha

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


Just got the e-mail. I was planning on going up literally the week after on Wednesday and Thursday so that I could knock out FSU and UF in one shot, but this may shake things up.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:40 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


Just got the e-mail. I was planning on going up literally the week after on Wednesday and Thursday so that I could knock out FSU and UF in one shot, but this may shake things up.


If I'm going to drive to Tally, I'm going to have to get a hotel room, etc, and do some partying that Fri night. UF is on the way home for me. Hmmmm...

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


Just got the e-mail. I was planning on going up literally the week after on Wednesday and Thursday so that I could knock out FSU and UF in one shot, but this may shake things up.


If I'm going to drive to Tally, I'm going to have to get a hotel room, etc, and do some partying that Fri night. UF is on the way home for me. Hmmmm...


I need a hotel room for UF, I have a few friends at Tally that already said I could use their place...I take it you still haven't made up your mind? I'm completely torn between FSU and UF. (Not officially in at UF, but after recent correspondences I would say I am pretty set on acceptance)

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:I need a hotel room for UF, I have a few friends at Tally that already said I could use their place...I take it you still haven't made up your mind? I'm completely torn between FSU and UF. (Not officially in at UF, but after recent correspondences I would say I am pretty set on acceptance)


I have friends at UF and not FSU haha. My highschool is pretty much all at UF.
I'm 90% set on Illinois, but I want to decide between FSU and UF for a Florida fall back if something goes down and I have to stay in state (family, health problems, etc)

User avatar
plt06
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby plt06 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


Strongly considering it, but it's hard to pull the trigger when so many schools haven't gotten back to me about admissions decisions and/or scholarships! Kind of a good bind to be in but it's still causing some stress.

User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby gov » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


Just got the e-mail. I was planning on going up literally the week after on Wednesday and Thursday so that I could knock out FSU and UF in one shot, but this may shake things up.


If I'm going to drive to Tally, I'm going to have to get a hotel room, etc, and do some partying that Fri night. UF is on the way home for me. Hmmmm...


Go to Bullwinkles. $10 all you can drink

User avatar
Swanky
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Swanky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


I just got this e-mail. I got into FSU a few weeks ago, sent in the scholarship application, but no word on any money yet. Is this e-mail being sent to everyone who has been admitted?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Swanky wrote:
Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


I just got this e-mail. I got into FSU a few weeks ago, sent in the scholarship application, but no word on any money yet. Is this e-mail being sent to everyone who has been admitted?


It says "top candidates" so idk. I got $$ from them, though, so it might mean you should expect it soon!

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Barbie wrote:
Swanky wrote:
Barbie wrote:Anyone going to Academic Scholars Day?


I just got this e-mail. I got into FSU a few weeks ago, sent in the scholarship application, but no word on any money yet. Is this e-mail being sent to everyone who has been admitted?


It says "top candidates" so idk. I got $$ from them, though, so it might mean you should expect it soon!


Stop playing with my emotions lol I need to know who DIDN'T get this email before I get excited.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Academic Scholars email and acceptance packet in snail mail today!!! niiiiiice. Still waiting on UF, might drop/withdraw UM this week.

User avatar
Swanky
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Swanky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:45 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:Academic Scholars email and acceptance packet in snail mail today!!! niiiiiice. Still waiting on UF, might drop/withdraw UM this week.


What exactly is the Academic Scholars thing? I'm having trouble finding more information.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eageragnostic, Google Adsense [Bot] and 13 guests