FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:07 pm

charlesxavier wrote:My status now says "Hold". Apparently, I've been deferred. 161/3.7.


Wow. I really thought 160 was the magic number to get in, especially with that GPA.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Atleast you guys have decisions.... I've been sitting complete for a month. :(

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:My status now says "Hold". Apparently, I've been deferred. 161/3.7.


Wow. I really thought 160 was the magic number to get in, especially with that GPA.


Same here. I applied in early September, too. I'm not really bothered by it because it wasn't one of my top choices. I'm from Florida so I figured I should at least consider FSU.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

So its either they really want me or i'm an automatic rejection....in the past two and a half days i've had three different statuses, and several emails from admissions...but now its finally "Decision made, will arrive by mail"...From tally to Gainesville, i guess i'll know either 2morrow or friday

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:23 pm

I received a congratulatory call the day I was accepted. I hope that isn't a letdown for anyone. Good luck regardless.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm

so my mom just called saying a "Jessica Kessinger" left a voicemail on my phone...(the house phone back home in S. florida) smh....the voicemail said to give her a call back at a certain number. I call and hear that shes the director of admissions, and im guessing through the nervousness, my voicemail makes me come off as a nervous stuttering undergrad...hopefully she could make out my cell phone number and give me a call back lol

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby dukivich10 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Received the hold notice on the status checker today..

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:33 pm

I've been waiting over a month just to go under review. It's like they don't want people to attend!

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 am

GOT THE CALL!!!!! 51k over 3 years (17k/yr) ..... UM LAW OR FSU (UM is offering 20k/yr which still isnt enough)

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 am

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:GOT THE CALL!!!!! 51k over 3 years (17k/yr) ..... UM LAW OR FSU (UM is offering 20k/yr which still isnt enough)


Numbers? Congrats.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:04 am

PMing you now

User avatar
Bill Cosby
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Bill Cosby » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Could you PM them to me as well?

Also, are you in-state or OOS?

Trinity11
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Trinity11 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:26 pm

51k with a 157 and 3.45? Wow congrats! I saw you are a URM, but mind me asking what other softs you have?

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:GOT THE CALL!!!!! 51k over 3 years (17k/yr) ..... UM LAW OR FSU (UM is offering 20k/yr which still isnt enough)


congrats! that is almost a full ride. UM would still be a lot more expensive even with that scholly.

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby clone22 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Hmm, so does fsu give u schoolys with acceptance? I got a call about acceptance and then a packet saying that I need to apply for scholarships by december 31st for priority consideration. Does that mean they gave me jack shit with acceptance? come on fsu, uf threw me 36, give me something.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 pm

157, 3.45 (updated transcript after fall 10 was 3.57), undergrad at UF....URM, In state...she offered me the scholly right over the phone when she told me i was accepted....Lots of work experience/ and a ton of last minute volunteer work

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby clone22 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:33 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:157, 3.45 (updated transcript after fall 10 was 3.57), undergrad at UF....URM, In state...she offered me the scholly right over the phone when she told me i was accepted....Lots of work experience/ and a ton of last minute volunteer work

Hmm, she left me a voicemail because I was on a flight and I never called back..... Should I do so now?

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 pm

clone22 wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:157, 3.45 (updated transcript after fall 10 was 3.57), undergrad at UF....URM, In state...she offered me the scholly right over the phone when she told me i was accepted....Lots of work experience/ and a ton of last minute volunteer work

Hmm, she left me a voicemail because I was on a flight and I never called back..... Should I do so now?


yes, they only call accepted applicants

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:22 pm

minuit wrote:
clone22 wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:157, 3.45 (updated transcript after fall 10 was 3.57), undergrad at UF....URM, In state...she offered me the scholly right over the phone when she told me i was accepted....Lots of work experience/ and a ton of last minute volunteer work

Hmm, she left me a voicemail because I was on a flight and I never called back..... Should I do so now?


yes, they only call accepted applicants


+1

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby alicrimson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Complete 11/5. No "under review", no "hold", no "decision made". Gah! I want something. lol.

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby leefair123 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Thank you for your interest in and application to the Florida State University College of Law. This year’s application pool is highly competitive. At this time, your application has received an initial review and it is being placed in our HOLD category. The admissions committee wants to continue to consider your application in the future. Please note that our HOLD category is NOT our waitlist. Our application deadline is May 1, 2011. Your file may be reviewed multiple times before or after this deadline for a final decision regarding your application to the law school. All decisions will be made by May 31, 2011.


as of 1/19

uhoh...

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby bsm909 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Sorry to hear that...though its better than a rejection! Odd its different than a wait list though!

When did you go complete? Mind sharing your numbers?

leefair123 wrote:Thank you for your interest in and application to the Florida State University College of Law. This year’s application pool is highly competitive. At this time, your application has received an initial review and it is being placed in our HOLD category. The admissions committee wants to continue to consider your application in the future. Please note that our HOLD category is NOT our waitlist. Our application deadline is May 1, 2011. Your file may be reviewed multiple times before or after this deadline for a final decision regarding your application to the law school. All decisions will be made by May 31, 2011.


as of 1/19

uhoh...

User avatar
NCtoDC
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:38 pm

FSU has been the most complicated school I have applied to. It is also the only school that I actually paid an app fee for. They are requiring documentation for things that no other schools have had an issue with....such a pain in the ass. It is not high on my list and the only reason I am bothering with the documentation is because I paid for the app....

kmr07d
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby kmr07d » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Hey!
So my status switched to decison made and will arrive by mail today. I didn't get a call or anything..did I get denied?!

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:16 pm

kmr07d wrote:Hey!
So my status switched to decison made and will arrive by mail today. I didn't get a call or anything..did I get denied?!


just saw your LSAT and non-urm.... not looking hopeful. :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dasq5511, Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests