FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gov
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby gov » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:25 pm

You got zero to worry about. You could submit a personal statement detailing your love of underwater basket weaving and what will happen is they see your LSAT, mark accept, see your GPA, offer you money, and call it a day. Do you have a general idea of the apartment prices up in Tallahassee? Feel free to PM me to keep the topic clean.

pm'ed you

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby bsm909 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Complete since 11/23- still no updates. Anyone in the same boat? (BTW- higher than average LSAT, bit lower than average GPA)

WarChief
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby WarChief » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:39 pm

edit
Last edited by WarChief on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 pm

WarChief wrote:
bsm909 wrote:Complete since 11/23- still no updates. Anyone in the same boat? (BTW- higher than average LSAT, bit lower than average GPA)


Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Complete since mid-November. I'm above the 75th percentile on LSAT, below the 25th percentile on GPA.


Complete 12/20, same boat. Hopefully FSU admits us with their next batch.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby bsm909 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Agreed!! Seems like that should be happening soon!

Sandro777 wrote:
WarChief wrote:
bsm909 wrote:Complete since 11/23- still no updates. Anyone in the same boat? (BTW- higher than average LSAT, bit lower than average GPA)


Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Complete since mid-November. I'm above the 75th percentile on LSAT, below the 25th percentile on GPA.


Complete 12/20, same boat. Hopefully FSU admits us with their next batch.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby bsm909 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Someone on TLS got the acceptance call on Monday. Maybe they'll roll out another batch this week!

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Anybody seriously considering FSU? My current option is GW sticker or FSU with hefty scholarship... before the scholarship, I was leaning towards GW but now I am beginning to lean towards FSU. I <3 FSU, it's just about job prospects!!! I want to do a semi-pretigious clerkship gig, which is gonna be an uphill battle. But so cheap!

Also, I wish they would stop increasing tuition every year. I wonder if they are going to keep increasing it until it's around the average for in-state public tuition in the US (35k or so). That would really be too bad.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

I am considering FSU - but I wish they would put my file into review!! UF got the jump on them even though I didnt go complete at UF until much later...

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby alicrimson » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I am considering FSU - but I wish they would put my file into review!! UF got the jump on them even though I didnt go complete at UF until much later...


My checker never went "under review". It just went straight to "complete". So maybe FSU doesn't update with each step like UF?

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:33 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I am considering FSU - but I wish they would put my file into review!! UF got the jump on them even though I didnt go complete at UF until much later...


My checker never went "under review". It just went straight to "complete". So maybe FSU doesn't update with each step like UF?


Mine has been complete since 12/17, were you admitted ?

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I am considering FSU - but I wish they would put my file into review!! UF got the jump on them even though I didnt go complete at UF until much later...


My checker never went "under review". It just went straight to "complete". So maybe FSU doesn't update with each step like UF?


Mine has been complete since 12/17, were you admitted ?


i believe it goes complete to under review. good luck!

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:13 pm

minuit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I am considering FSU - but I wish they would put my file into review!! UF got the jump on them even though I didnt go complete at UF until much later...


My checker never went "under review". It just went straight to "complete". So maybe FSU doesn't update with each step like UF?


Mine has been complete since 12/17, were you admitted ?


i believe it goes complete to under review. good luck!


I think we are mis communicating - my status is complete right now and I expect it to go under review soon. I was stating that while FSU went complete faster than UF, UF has went to review before FSU.

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby dukivich10 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 pm

i went under review 1/14...just noticed it today

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:57 pm

dukivich10 wrote:i went under review 1/14...just noticed it today


When did you apply ? I've been sitting complete for almost a month now :oops:

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby dukivich10 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
dukivich10 wrote:i went under review 1/14...just noticed it today


When did you apply ? I've been sitting complete for almost a month now :oops:



9/3....I would love an acceptance, but I'm not super optimistic.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

dukivich10 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
dukivich10 wrote:i went under review 1/14...just noticed it today


When did you apply ? I've been sitting complete for almost a month now :oops:



9/3....I would love an acceptance, but I'm not super optimistic.


According to LSAC only 3 people out of 100+ were rejected from FSU with above a 2.0 and LSAT 165-169. I'd have to say my numbers seem to be auto admit and FSU is one of my top choices. This whole waiting thing is killing me.

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby dukivich10 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
dukivich10 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
dukivich10 wrote:i went under review 1/14...just noticed it today


When did you apply ? I've been sitting complete for almost a month now :oops:



9/3....I would love an acceptance, but I'm not super optimistic.


According to LSAC only 3 people out of 100+ were rejected from FSU with above a 2.0 and LSAT 165-169. I'd have to say my numbers seem to be auto admit and FSU is one of my top choices. This whole waiting thing is killing me.


Ya my odds aren't nearly as solid. I'm sure it's just a matter of time for you. If I don't get uf or fsu it will be t3 with $$$ cause I'm not paying sticker at UM.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Sandro » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:23 pm

UM at sticker or even with a scholarship is kinda scary :(

lawschool12345
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby lawschool12345 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:25 pm

FSU keeps sending me snail mail plus emails, and my numbers are 3.68 and 158 non urm

is it worth the application?

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
dukivich10 wrote:i went under review 1/14...just noticed it today


When did you apply ? I've been sitting complete for almost a month now :oops:



Been stuck at complete since 11/16....even after I sent an updated transcript after Fall Semester, not one change.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:21 am

Update....Admissions just emailed me asking about an Early Decision I had listed on my application and to update me on the status. Maybe thats the reason I was stuck at 11/16.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 am

I was complete since 9/12 and just realized yesterday that I went "Under Review" on 1/14.

User avatar
fiery_searcher
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby fiery_searcher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Tag.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:15 pm

so it seems after being emailed this morning about my early decision with another school, and telling them that school has denied me, im finally under review with fsu (1/18/11)

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 pm

My status now says "Hold". Apparently, I've been deferred. 161/3.7.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, cyclawps, dasq5511, Harry Ass Truman, Houzy, jtawil, kvnrogers, lg77, SuperAverageJoe, XUMickeal and 20 guests