FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Neo

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Neo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Barbie wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:Since we are talking about it on the UF thread and I am curious about FSU - what are people's index who have already been accepted to FSU? I am waiting to hear back (applied nov 1st and went complete shortly after)...
My index is 85...

What are your numbers and when did you apply? From what you have said it seems like you should have heard from UF and FSU if you applied a while ago. C&F issues?

It seems that Classygal and I have almost identical index numbers. I don't have any character and fitness issues and I applied well before she did...What gives?

What could law schools possible not like about me? After all, I am a very special snowflake...

gov

Postby gov » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Same index... I am "complete" at FSU as of 11/09 and still pending at UF

Classygal87

Postby Classygal87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Neo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:Since we are talking about it on the UF thread and I am curious about FSU - what are people's index who have already been accepted to FSU? I am waiting to hear back (applied nov 1st and went complete shortly after)...
My index is 85...

What are your numbers and when did you apply? From what you have said it seems like you should have heard from UF and FSU if you applied a while ago. C&F issues?

It seems that Classygal and I have almost identical index numbers. I don't have any character and fitness issues and I applied well before she did...What gives?

What could law schools possible not like about me? After all, I am a very special snowflake...

my mom thinks I am special too lol jk
Yes we are numbers twins - Hopefully we both get some acceptances soon!!! The anticipation is killing me...

Neo

Postby Neo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Classygal87 wrote:
Neo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
My index is 85...

my mom thinks I am special too lol jk
Yes we are numbers twins - Hopefully we both get some acceptances soon!!! The anticipation is killing me...

Oops I totally forgot we spoke via PM, my mistake ha ha. Yea I agree, hopefully we hear sometime VERY soon. I can't take the waiting. What gets me even more is that I dunno why we haven't heard in the first batch of acceptances as our index numbers rival those of the people that got in. One could drive themselves crazy over that ha ha.

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Im still complete since 9-16 index of 82

minuit

Postby minuit » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:10 pm

just looked at my index at FSU... 86/87 rounded up to 87

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 pm

I heard back a few days before Thanksgiving. Index of 85. I was shocked by the quick turnaround, because I had submitted maybe two weeks prior.

Classygal87

Postby Classygal87 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Bill Cosby wrote:I heard back a few days before Thanksgiving. Index of 85. I was shocked by the quick turnaround, because I had submitted maybe two weeks prior.

I am jealous... maybe FSU just doesn't like me :/

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:54 pm

leefair123 wrote:Im still complete since 9-16 index of 82

Please get in so I can feel good about my chances when I submit lol

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 pm

I've been "Application Complete" since 9/22 with an index of 83.. If they're going to reject me I wish they'd just do it already so I can stop thinking about it..

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:49 pm

I think FSU is one where index #s will count less. FSU <3s <3s <3s LSAT scores. So high-GPA splitters with high indexs are still going to struggle, from what I've seen.

minuit

Postby minuit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:01 pm

I just got an email from FSU Law asking me to apply... really, FSU? Really?

Neo

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Barbie wrote:I think FSU is one where index #s will count less. FSU <3s <3s <3s LSAT scores. So high-GPA splitters with high indexs are still going to struggle, from what I've seen.

I hope this isn't the case for UF!

Neo

Postby Neo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:37 pm

minuit wrote:I just got an email from FSU Law asking me to apply... really, FSU? Really?

Are you sure you really got in? :wink:

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 pm

First post, woot!

Are most in this thread planning on attending, or are you waiting out for a different choice?

FSU is definitely my target school, and if I get accepted, I will attend. My LSAT is only 161; so, I don't plan on hearing for a while. I know the data on LSN is a small, self-selecting sample, but it does not look like anyone on LSN was rejected with my numbers last year. They just had to wait a little longer than others to get that acceptance. :P I have been complete since early November, and I am trying to be patient. Hopefully, I / we won't have to wait toooo long.

I think FSU is one where index #s will count less. FSU <3s <3s <3s LSAT scores. So high-GPA splitters with high indexs are still going to struggle, from what I've seen.

I strongly agree with this. It seems the acceptances so far on LSN have been 163+ LSAT's. Index matters, but judging by last year, FSU is definitely making a LSAT push. Median jumped +2.

I hope this isn't the case for UF!

I think UF is the opposite, actually. Seems they traditionally favor high GPA's.

minuit

Postby minuit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:59 pm

cool brees, what is your GPA? you can PM me if you like. i think whether you hear back soon or not will depend almost entirely on your GPA. last cycle, i was accepted within two weeks with 160/3.98

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:38 am

My LSDAS is 3.4, but my degree GPA is much higher. Hopefully, Barbie is right, and they will take that into consideration.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 am

Cool Brees wrote:My LSDAS is 3.4, but my degree GPA is much higher. Hopefully, Barbie is right, and they will take that into consideration.

Let me be clear, though:

Degree GPA in this term means "Degree granting institution GPA" aka. for people who went to 2+ universities. As long as you have (I think) @50+ credits from the University you are graduating from, if your GPA is higher at that University, they will take that GPA.

Some people think I mean degree as in major. No... no, that's silly :)

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 am

Barbie wrote:
Cool Brees wrote:My LSDAS is 3.4, but my degree GPA is much higher. Hopefully, Barbie is right, and they will take that into consideration.

Let me be clear, though:

Degree GPA in this term means "Degree granting institution GPA" aka. for people who went to 2+ universities. As long as you have (I think) @50+ credits from the University you are graduating from, if your GPA is higher at that University, they will take that GPA.

This is my situation. 1 year of old grades from non-degree institution with a terrible GPA. Went back to school (different school) a few years later, and all of my credits from degree granting institution with 4.0. Hopefully, the adcoms will at least take it into consideration, if they do not flat out use it.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 am

Cool Brees wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Let me be clear, though:

This is my situation. 1 year of old grades from non-degree institution with a terrible GPA. Went back to school (different school) a few years later, and all of my credits from degree granting institution with 4.0. Hopefully, the adcoms will at least take it into consideration, if they do not flat out use it.

If thats the case, then even fi you got straight Ds the first year, you would still have a 3.25. If you got straight Cs you would now have a 3.5. While the latter is much better, neither of these GPAs would keep you out of FSU so long as you have the LSAT score they want (bc, honestly, FSU cares about LSAT 100x more than they do about GPA)

deliriousxix

Postby deliriousxix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:47 am

Cool Brees, we have the same numbers! when did you apply?

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:21 am

Barbie wrote:If thats the case, then even fi you got straight Ds the first year, you would still have a 3.25. If you got straight Cs you would now have a 3.5.

Not sure what you mean here. The 1 year (less than 30 hours) is like a -C/D+ avg, but my LSDAS is calculated to 3.4. I completed over 100 hours at a different institution to get my degree.

Barbie wrote:While the latter is much better, neither of these GPAs would keep you out of FSU so long as you have the LSAT score they want (bc, honestly, FSU cares about LSAT 100x more than they do about GPA)

I agree with this. That is why I think I could be waiting awhile. The bar really changed last year, with the median LSAT jumping +2. In 09, a 162 was a 75% score... but now it is the median, and a 161 is only 25%.

@ deliriousxix

Early part of November.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 am

Cool Brees wrote:
Barbie wrote:If thats the case, then even fi you got straight Ds the first year, you would still have a 3.25. If you got straight Cs you would now have a 3.5.

Not sure what you mean here. The 1 year (less than 30 hours) is like a -C/D+ avg, but my LSDAS is calculated to 3.4. I completed over 100 hours at a different institution to get my degree.

Barbie wrote:While the latter is much better, neither of these GPAs would keep you out of FSU so long as you have the LSAT score they want (bc, honestly, FSU cares about LSAT 100x more than they do about GPA)

I agree with this. That is why I think I could be waiting awhile. The bar really changed last year, with the median LSAT jumping +2. In 09, a 162 was a 75% score... but now it is the median, and a 161 is only 25%.

@ deliriousxix

Early part of November.

You having a 3.4 proves my case, exactly. I predicted from what you told me your GPA would be between a 3.25 and a 3.5. Obv, I was correct. I was making the point that this GPA would not make/break you anyways, it is simply a mediocre GPA-- but you are applying to a LSAT heavy school, so it wouldn't much matter. Get it?

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Barbie wrote:
Cool Brees wrote:

@ deliriousxix

Early part of November.

You having a 3.4 proves my case, exactly. I predicted from what you told me your GPA would be between a 3.25 and a 3.5. Obv, I was correct. I was making the point that this GPA would not make/break you anyways, it is simply a mediocre GPA-- but you are applying to a LSAT heavy school, so it wouldn't much matter. Get it?

Yes, I get it. I agreed that it was a LSAT heavy school. :lol: I just didn't realize you were trying to predict the gpa because the actual gpa was posted.

Besides this conversation started because the difference between my LSDAS (3.4) and degree (4.0) is a significant difference. Still probably does not matter because FSU favors the LSAT.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Cool Brees wrote:Yes, I get it. I agreed that it was a LSAT heavy school. :lol: I just didn't realize you were trying to predict the gpa because the actual gpa was posted.

Besides this conversation started because the difference between my LSDAS (3.4) and degree (4.0) is a significant difference. Still probably does not matter because FSU favors the LSAT.

OBVIOUSLY I didn't see your previously posted GPA. I must admit, I am not a fan of yours. :?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”