FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Neo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:54 am

SixStrings11 wrote:
Neo wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:Accepted on Friday (11/12/10) via phone. Sent in my application on Tuesday (11/09/10).

3.5 & two LSATs (higher one being 165). Applied last cycle and was accepted, but (obviously) did not attend.



Case in point. It is really unbelievable how much emphasis they are putting on the LSAT just to catch up in the rankings. I don't even think they are looking at anything else right now ha ha.

Anyway, congratulations MattThiessen!


Yea I'm pretty sure you're right. We'll just have to wait it out. Hopefully UF will at least get back to us soon. But I can see that one changing to "decision held" while everyone else starts getting "decision letter in transit" ... But I guess I expected this when I got my LSAT score back.




You have to stay positive man!

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Neo wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:Accepted on Friday (11/12/10) via phone. Sent in my application on Tuesday (11/09/10).

3.5 & two LSATs (higher one being 165). Applied last cycle and was accepted, but (obviously) did not attend.



Case in point. It is really unbelievable how much emphasis they are putting on the LSAT just to catch up in the rankings. I don't even think they are looking at anything else right now ha ha.

Anyway, congratulations MattThiessen!


I surely hope not; however, my brother applied to FSU also. He went complete a day after I did and he has a 163 LSAT and a near perfect gpa...so all is not lost. :D

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby MattThiessen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Neo wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:Accepted on Friday (11/12/10) via phone. Sent in my application on Tuesday (11/09/10).

3.5 & two LSATs (higher one being 165). Applied last cycle and was accepted, but (obviously) did not attend.



Case in point. It is really unbelievable how much emphasis they are putting on the LSAT just to catch up in the rankings. I don't even think they are looking at anything else right now ha ha.

Anyway, congratulations MattThiessen!


Couldn't agree more. Last year I applied in January (with a lower LSAT, 161) and I had to wait 3 months for a decision.

Good luck to all with the waiting game. I am sure there are many acceptances coming in the near future!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 am

Wait, so FSU was ranked above UF last year? Is this true?
"47. Florida (51, +4)
48. American (45, -3)
48. SMU (49, +1)
48. Tulane (45, -3)
48. Maryland (43, -5)
——————–
52. Pepperdine (55, +3)
52. Yeshiva – Cardozo (49, -3, moved down from Tier 1)
54. Florida State (52, -2)"

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:38 am

Barbie wrote:Wait, so FSU was ranked above UF last year? Is this true?
"47. Florida (51, +4)
48. American (45, -3)
48. SMU (49, +1)
48. Tulane (45, -3)
48. Maryland (43, -5)
——————–
52. Pepperdine (55, +3)
52. Yeshiva – Cardozo (49, -3, moved down from Tier 1)
54. Florida State (52, -2)"


No, it was UF 51 and FSU 52. That's why there was lots of talk about FSU surpassing UF. However, judges and lawyers must have rallied and boosted UF's prestige points, so UF still pulled ahead this year and FSU actually dropped.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:45 am

minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:Wait, so FSU was ranked above UF last year? Is this true?
"47. Florida (51, +4)
48. American (45, -3)
48. SMU (49, +1)
48. Tulane (45, -3)
48. Maryland (43, -5)
——————–
52. Pepperdine (55, +3)
52. Yeshiva – Cardozo (49, -3, moved down from Tier 1)
54. Florida State (52, -2)"


No, it was UF 51 and FSU 52. That's why there was lots of talk about FSU surpassing UF. However, judges and lawyers must have rallied and boosted UF's prestige points, so UF still pulled ahead this year and FSU actually dropped.


Oh yeah I'm an idiot and read it wrong. But it was a lot closer I guess. It makes me wonder if they will continue to seperate or get back together. It seems that admissions at UF and FSU are completely different for a lot of people. I know a lot of people with higher GPAs/lower LSATs who got into UF and dinged from FSU, and higher GPAs/lower LSATs dinged at UF and auto-admit at FSU. Hmm...

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:48 am

Barbie wrote:
minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:Wait, so FSU was ranked above UF last year? Is this true?
"47. Florida (51, +4)
48. American (45, -3)
48. SMU (49, +1)
48. Tulane (45, -3)
48. Maryland (43, -5)
——————–
52. Pepperdine (55, +3)
52. Yeshiva – Cardozo (49, -3, moved down from Tier 1)
54. Florida State (52, -2)"


No, it was UF 51 and FSU 52. That's why there was lots of talk about FSU surpassing UF. However, judges and lawyers must have rallied and boosted UF's prestige points, so UF still pulled ahead this year and FSU actually dropped.


Oh yeah I'm an idiot and read it wrong. But it was a lot closer I guess. It makes me wonder if they will continue to seperate or get back together. It seems that admissions at UF and FSU are completely different for a lot of people. I know a lot of people with higher GPAs/lower LSATs who got into UF and dinged from FSU, and higher GPAs/lower LSATs dinged at UF and auto-admit at FSU. Hmm...


:lol: no biggie. yeah it was very close last year, so disappointing that FSU dropped. i think that they will remain close, but FSU will have an extremely hard time surpassing UF just because of the ramifications it would entail. US News doesn't want that kind of drama lol.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:44 pm

So much depression. UF and FSU, make your freaking decision already!

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:23 pm

I am in at FSU. Just got the phone call.

Pm me for stats

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby minuit » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:33 pm

jr1886 wrote:I am in at FSU. Just got the phone call.

Pm me for stats


congrats!!!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm

yayyy <3

I can't visit on weekdays so I contacted one of the students and she said I could make arrangements to come over the weekend if I did it in advance. If anyone else wants to do this with me (and also works full time) let me know!

lala7
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby lala7 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:07 pm

In! Also got the phone call today!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:11 pm

lala7 wrote:In! Also got the phone call today!


Get it!!!

See I mind-summoned FSU to call you!
Now mind-summon Tulane to call me :D :D ?

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:16 pm

minuit wrote:
jr1886 wrote:I am in at FSU. Just got the phone call.

Pm me for stats


congrats!!!!! :mrgreen:


Thank you. Now I can be sure I will be in law school next year

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 pm

lala7 wrote:In! Also got the phone call today!

Congrats. She was very sweet

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Scholarship application email ... anyone else?

lala7
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby lala7 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:35 pm

haha thanks Barbie.

I'll do my best with Tulane!

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby MattThiessen » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Barbie wrote:Scholarship application email ... anyone else?


Same here. I pretty much just filled my stats in and sent it in. You?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 am

MattThiessen wrote:
Barbie wrote:Scholarship application email ... anyone else?


Same here. I pretty much just filled my stats in and sent it in. You?


I'm going to call and see which of my GPAs they want. I'm also doing merit based, need based, and diversity... are you doing any of the specialty ones?

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby MattThiessen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:22 am

Barbie wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:
Barbie wrote:Scholarship application email ... anyone else?


Same here. I pretty much just filled my stats in and sent it in. You?


I'm going to call and see which of my GPAs they want. I'm also doing merit based, need based, and diversity... are you doing any of the specialty ones?


Didn't really feel that I could be 100% honest and say that I was interested in a state government/environmental/civil rights law (all great things, of course, just not exactly what I want to do). And diversity just isn't going to work for me, I add about as much diversity as a white hockey player does to the NHL. I do plan to put in a FAFSA application. Those aren't available until January, right?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 am

MattThiessen wrote:
Barbie wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:
Barbie wrote:Scholarship application email ... anyone else?


Same here. I pretty much just filled my stats in and sent it in. You?


I'm going to call and see which of my GPAs they want. I'm also doing merit based, need based, and diversity... are you doing any of the specialty ones?


Didn't really feel that I could be 100% honest and say that I was interested in a state government/environmental/civil rights law (all great things, of course, just not exactly what I want to do). And diversity just isn't going to work for me, I add about as much diversity as a white hockey player does to the NHL. I do plan to put in a FAFSA application. Those aren't available until January, right?


Not sure... yeah I didn't do any of the other ones. I'm interested in them but not enough to guarantee it is what I'll pursue.


Dang... actually it isn't letting me submit. I guess my work doesn't have the version of acrobat that is necessary. I wonder what I should do ... :(

User avatar
MattThiessen
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby MattThiessen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Not sure... yeah I didn't do any of the other ones. I'm interested in them but not enough to guarantee it is what I'll pursue.

Dang... actually it isn't letting me submit. I guess my work doesn't have the version of acrobat that is necessary. I wonder what I should do ... :(


Didn't it give you an option on the adobe document/instructions in the e-mail for downloading the right version of Acrobat? Mine worked, so I didn't have to download it, but I think I remember it being in there. If not, I am sure you won't miss out by waiting a few hours to submit.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm

MattThiessen wrote:
Not sure... yeah I didn't do any of the other ones. I'm interested in them but not enough to guarantee it is what I'll pursue.

Dang... actually it isn't letting me submit. I guess my work doesn't have the version of acrobat that is necessary. I wonder what I should do ... :(


Didn't it give you an option on the adobe document/instructions in the e-mail for downloading the right version of Acrobat? Mine worked, so I didn't have to download it, but I think I remember it being in there. If not, I am sure you won't miss out by waiting a few hours to submit.


I didn't want to download it on my work's computer. I will when I get home. I accidently emailed her a blank version because it wouldn't save. Ruh roh... I'll call her in a bit!

Classygal87
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Classygal87 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Since we are talking about it on the UF thread and I am curious about FSU - what are people's index who have already been accepted to FSU? I am waiting to hear back (applied nov 1st and went complete shortly after)...
My index is 85...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby Barbie » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Classygal87 wrote:Since we are talking about it on the UF thread and I am curious about FSU - what are people's index who have already been accepted to FSU? I am waiting to hear back (applied nov 1st and went complete shortly after)...
My index is 85...


What are your numbers and when did you apply? From what you have said it seems like you should have heard from UF and FSU if you applied a while ago. C&F issues?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”