FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrwarre85

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby mrwarre85 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:17 pm

skirschner1 wrote:Also got an acceptance call about 5 minutes ago. Previously on hold with 160/3.53

Just got acceptance call from a very nice lady. Previously on hold-- was a 75-25 splitter.

Aro5389

Postby Aro5389 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Decision mailed but no phone call... denied/waitlist?

minuit

Postby minuit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Aro5389 wrote:Decision mailed but no phone call... denied/waitlist?

i would say to hold out, but the fact that other people got phone calls leads me to believe that you were probably WL.

slvrsk8r

Postby slvrsk8r » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Got in via phone call today. They seem to like splitters. As of now I will be attending since I was also waitlisted at UF today. Any other UF undergrads going to FSU?

Aro5389

Postby Aro5389 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:20 pm

minuit wrote:
Aro5389 wrote:Decision mailed but no phone call... denied/waitlist?

i would say to hold out, but the fact that other people got phone calls leads me to believe that you were probably WL.

Perhaps. I'm a 75/25 splitter so I can see that being the case. I am in at UF though so I'll most likely not wait on FSU due to the UF May 16th seat deposit deadline.

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:29 am

just waitlisted via email......

Intraining

Postby Intraining » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 pm

leefair123 wrote:just waitlisted via email......

+1. Fuck

ChiCubs14

Postby ChiCubs14 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Intraining wrote:

+1. Fuck

Also, waitlisted...

What a bad situation I'm in now...Get an apartment in Miami? Then in late July get a call from FSU and have to pay whatever lease breaking penalty which is usually very expensive...fuck me...not to mention the idea of waiting all summer...again fuck me...

eh...........................................................................................................

dukivich10

Postby dukivich10 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 pm

+1

edyoung

Postby edyoung » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 pm

WL'd today with 160/3.3 and loads of good softs. Should I wait it out/what are my chances?

Also, WL'd at Wake, deposited at Ole Miss.

valentina5

Postby valentina5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Intraining wrote:

+1. Fuck

also waitlisted...filled out the form and returned it via email...i mentioned on the form that i want to be considered until late july...but now that i think about it, i'll prob. only wait until late june...

Intraining

Postby Intraining » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Gatorbull?

I'm thinking it's in off the waitlist or taking the year off. Either way I will likely be in Tallahassee.

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm

ChiCubs14 wrote:
Intraining wrote:

+1. Fuck

Also, waitlisted...

What a bad situation I'm in now...Get an apartment in Miami? Then in late July get a call from FSU and have to pay whatever lease breaking penalty which is usually very expensive...fuck me...not to mention the idea of waiting all summer...again fuck me...

eh...........................................................................................................

True, but are you in-state? If so, the tuition difference make FSU cheaper in the long run.

minuit

Postby minuit » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 pm

sorry to all those waitlisted :(

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

waitlisted,
I was gonna go to American or Chicago Kent but I decided on University of Kentucky. American was too expensive, kent is costly even with the scholarship and its far. At least UK is the best school in its state

ChiCubs14

Postby ChiCubs14 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Bill Cosby wrote:
ChiCubs14 wrote:
Intraining wrote:

+1. Fuck

Also, waitlisted...

True, but are you in-state? If so, the tuition difference make FSU cheaper in the long run.

Ya I am in-state and realize that in the long run FSU will be cheaper...If I need to get out of an apartment, etc in Miami I would do that...gotta get off the waitlist first though :|

Thanks for the advice Bill and sad face minuit

Bless

Postby Bless » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Waitlisted today. It really makes no difference, as I'm set on Villanova; however, an acceptance would have been flattering.

I did my UG at FSU, and I have a few buddies at FSU law. If anyone has any questions about FSU or Tallahassee, please feel free to PM me.

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:waitlisted,
I was gonna go to American or Chicago Kent but I decided on University of Kentucky. American was too expensive, kent is costly even with the scholarship and its far. At least UK is the best school in its state

I'm not really sure there is a "best" school in Florida. UF/FSU are becoming peers, and if they aren't there now they probably will be in five years. It wouldn't surprise me if they jumped UF in the rankings next year, although that wouldn't mean much, still would need a few years the reality on the ground to change.

I'm sure tons of UF people disagree with me, but if they look at it objectively they will have to admit that with FSU's generally considered superior location and smaller class sizes, they might be overtaken in the rankings. If that were to happen, add time, and they are peers.

Again that is if they are not already.

Oddly enough the best school in Florida is probably out of state. As a destination state I've noticed the firms in the big cities are chalk full of T-14.

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 pm

mrwarre85 wrote:

I'm not really sure there is a "best" school in Florida. UF/FSU are becoming peers, and if they aren't there now they probably will be in five years. It wouldn't surprise me if they jumped UF in the rankings next year, although that wouldn't mean much, still would need a few years the reality on the ground to change.

I'm sure tons of UF people disagree with me, but if they look at it objectively they will have to admit that with FSU's generally considered superior location and smaller class sizes, they might be overtaken in the rankings. If that were to happen, add time, and they are peers.

Oddly enough the best school in Florida is probably out of state. As a destination state I've noticed the firms in the big cities are chalk full of T-14.

I was talking about best school in Kentucky. But lets be honest UF is still the best school in the state. FSU is catching up in the rankings but UF completely dominates in alumni base and reputation.

The only reason FSU is accepting apps so late is to make it seem like they are more selective(which is a sketchy method) so they can rise up in the rankings.

FSU is a great school and cheap but UF really does dominate this state.

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Also on the WL as of today.

hous

Postby hous » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Also Waitlisted today via email.

mrwarre85

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

I was talking about best school in Kentucky. But lets be honest UF is still the best school in the state. FSU is catching up in the rankings but UF completely dominates in alumni base and reputation.

The only reason FSU is accepting apps so late is to make it seem like they are more selective(which is a sketchy method) so they can rise up in the rankings.

Gatorbull.. I think my state school dominates too. The numbers seem to indicate that the two schools are equal. Yeah UF has more alumni, but I'd rather have a smaller class size at FSU.

I know its America but bigger does not equal better. There are still more than enough FSU alums to network with.

I knew you were talking about Kentucky.

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 pm

honestly i am lucky to have family in miami so i am going to stay with them and worry about apt later and wait out the WL at FSU until Aug... then give up on state tuition

Gatorbull84

Postby Gatorbull84 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 am

mrwarre85 wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:
mrwarre85 wrote:

Gatorbull.. I think my state school dominates too. The numbers seem to indicate that the two schools are equal. Yeah UF has more alumni, but I'd rather have a smaller class size at FSU.

I know its America but bigger does not equal better. There are still more than enough FSU alums to network with.

I knew you were talking about Kentucky.

Don't get me wrong I like FSU a lot and Im bitter towards UF but Im just saying that the honest truth is that UF dominates the state. If you want to work central to South Florida FSU won't hold nearly as much water.

Lets be honest about the rankings........they are BS. I got into American and I think I would go to Stetson over them. The rankings only consider numbers. They don't compare different degrees or universities for incoming students, they don't calculate incoming students with graduate degrees into the rankings, and they operate off of flawed data.

For instance, FSU pushed their application deadlines back for the sole purpose of appearing more selective and the rankings will never consider that.

I know this sounds cocky but UF really does dominate this state especially by reputation and alumni base. Just look at the state politician breakdown. A large majority(that hold jd's) are UF alumni.

But hey FSU does have hotter girls

Bill Cosby

Postby Bill Cosby » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:49 am

UF having more alumni in [firm/elected office/whatever] is largely a factor of being older and having a much larger class. Saying twice as many people from UF are in positions doesn't mean that much when you consider they also graduate twice as many people.

Also, one person from each school on state supreme court.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”