FSU c/o2014 Applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jr1886

Bronze

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Post by jr1886 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Submitted today. I hope I get to hear from them soon!

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:19 am

I got the status checker email from FSU today. Submitted yesterday. Apparently, FSU is waiting anxiously for my LSAT just like I am. My status says "Hold for future LSAT"

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 am

I also submitted yesterday and received the status checker this morning. I'm just waiting on my report to be generated and then I should be good to go. They say they have my LOR, PS, etc they just need the CAS report, which is funny because 2 of the other schools I applied to the same day have had reports generated but the Florida school ones have not been created. Odd. I called LSAC and they said that sometimes this is how it goes. lol. Hoping for info soon. :D

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm

alicrimson wrote:I also submitted yesterday and received the status checker this morning. I'm just waiting on my report to be generated and then I should be good to go. They say they have my LOR, PS, etc they just need the CAS report, which is funny because 2 of the other schools I applied to the same day have had reports generated but the Florida school ones have not been created. Odd. I called LSAC and they said that sometimes this is how it goes. lol. Hoping for info soon. :D
Some schools allow the electronically transmitted copy to count. FSU only accepts the paper copy (when it comes to transcripts,etc) so they wait for it to be mailed. It will take about a week.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Barbie wrote:
alicrimson wrote:I also submitted yesterday and received the status checker this morning. I'm just waiting on my report to be generated and then I should be good to go. They say they have my LOR, PS, etc they just need the CAS report, which is funny because 2 of the other schools I applied to the same day have had reports generated but the Florida school ones have not been created. Odd. I called LSAC and they said that sometimes this is how it goes. lol. Hoping for info soon. :D
Some schools allow the electronically transmitted copy to count. FSU only accepts the paper copy (when it comes to transcripts,etc) so they wait for it to be mailed. It will take about a week.
Thanks, Barbie! You are serving almost as my own personal law school admissions advisor number 2 [I am not counting my dad. He only applied to one school, which was T6 and still is, because he went there for undergrad and didn't knwo where else to go. haha]. Loves it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:14 am

Whats you guys's opinion on my shot right now with FSU. Instate, 2.91/164. I feel like 164 has given me a curse of being right on the fence at some schools.... and making me think about the horror of a december retake.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Whats you guys's opinion on my shot right now with FSU. Instate, 2.91/164. I feel like 164 has given me a curse of being right on the fence at some schools.... and making me think about the horror of a december retake.
I think its crucial for you to make everything else strong. according to LSN, one was dinged with a 2.85, but one accepted with a 3.05 so you literally fall right in the middle. 164 is a great score. I have a 163 and my gpa isn't that great and it worked out for me. Submit asap, make sure your PS is strong, and I think you'll be fine :)

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Barbie wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Whats you guys's opinion on my shot right now with FSU. Instate, 2.91/164. I feel like 164 has given me a curse of being right on the fence at some schools.... and making me think about the horror of a december retake.
I think its crucial for you to make everything else strong. according to LSN, one was dinged with a 2.85, but one accepted with a 3.05 so you literally fall right in the middle. 164 is a great score. I have a 163 and my gpa isn't that great and it worked out for me. Submit asap, make sure your PS is strong, and I think you'll be fine :)
Hope so. Its really hard to think that with 1 one more question right on a 101 question test i'd have my chances improved relatively a lot.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:37 pm

They also let in someone with a 162 and a 3.17 in February last year...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:14 pm

I have been complete since 9/21/2010 and there has been no movement :cry:
Is anyone else having the issue of being complete for over a month and not hearing anything?? I have a feeling they are sitting on my application because my LSAT score is just below their 162 mark...Any other ideas?? Anything I should being doing?

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:16 pm

Neo wrote:I have been complete since 9/21/2010 and there has been no movement :cry:
Is anyone else having the issue of being complete for over a month and not hearing anything?? I have a feeling they are sitting on my application because my LSAT score is just below their 162 mark...Any other ideas?? Anything I should being doing?
Same here. Complete since 9/13. I am just below the 162 as well, but my GPA is pretty solid. I am not worried, I think they are just slowly working from the top down.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:43 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
Neo wrote:I have been complete since 9/21/2010 and there has been no movement :cry:
Same here. Complete since 9/13. I am just below the 162 as well, but my GPA is pretty solid. I am not worried, I think they are just slowly working from the top down.
I've been complete since 9/22.. so a little over a month for me too. My GPA is also pretty good, but my LSAT could have been a couple points better. And yea, the status checker says they review based on strength of application.. so they're probably looking at the mid-160s and up right now.. Hopefully we hear back soon.

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:02 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
I've been complete since 9/22.. so a little over a month for me too. My GPA is also pretty good, but my LSAT could have been a couple points better. And yea, the status checker says they review based on strength of application.. so they're probably looking at the mid-160s and up right now.. Hopefully we hear back soon.
I called on Friday to ask how long would it take for me to hear from them. The rep said a decision should come in three weeks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:08 pm

jr1886 wrote: I called on Friday to ask how long would it take for me to hear from them. The rep said a decision should come in three weeks.
Wednesday will mark my sixth week of waiting. :|

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Status Checker updated. On hold for LSAT score. Well, I decided to not retake the LSAT and just get those apps in. I called and told them this today. So now I guess its just the CAS paper report that we are waiting on. :D

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:49 pm

For the people who are just below 162, do you mean 160+, or are you including 150s scores? Because if I remember correctly, from last year there was a biiiig difference between 159 and 160 in admissions decisions.

Here's the graph of applicants from LSN last year: you can see 160 was a big cut-off. It shows only 3 people admitted under 160, and two were URMS and one was non-trad.

http://fsu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/

So if you are 160+, you are pretty set I think, it may just take a little longer.

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:21 pm

minuit wrote:For the people who are just below 162, do you mean 160+, or are you including 150s scores? Because if I remember correctly, from last year there was a biiiig difference between 159 and 160 in admissions decisions.

Here's the graph of applicants from LSN last year: you can see 160 was a big cut-off. It shows only 3 people admitted under 160, and two were URMS and one was non-trad.

So if you are 160+, you are pretty set I think, it may just take a little longer.

You speak the truth; however, I would like to point out that LSN is a very small sample of people. I feel like the people who post on LSN are the minority of law school applicants and there are many others who apply without ever having heard of the website (let alone make an account and post). Not to mention it is all self-report data.

Also, I personally know someone who got into FSU last cycle with a 157 (although they had close to a 4.0). They actually were in the SUG program with us.

I don't mean for my post to sound like I am bashing your post :lol: because I am not! I just wanted to post this to act as a flicker of hope and illustrate that there are more than 3 people that got in with sub 160 LSAT scores...I have a feeling they just hear back later in the cycle.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Do you guys know when FSU will send out scholly info? (Not that I expect any, just curious :D :D :D)

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Neo wrote:
minuit wrote:For the people who are just below 162, do you mean 160+, or are you including 150s scores? Because if I remember correctly, from last year there was a biiiig difference between 159 and 160 in admissions decisions.

You speak the truth; however, I would like to point out that LSN is a very small sample of people. I feel like the people who post on LSN are the minority of law school applicants and there are many others who apply without ever having heard of the website (let alone make an account and post). Not to mention it is all self-report data.

Also, I personally know someone who got into FSU last cycle with a 157 (although they had close to a 4.0). They actually were in the SUG program with us.

I don't mean for my post to sound like I am bashing your post :lol: because I am not! I just wanted to post this to act as a flicker of hope and illustrate that there are more than 3 people that got in with sub 160 LSAT scores...I have a feeling they just hear back later in the cycle.
Agreed. I'm not saying my very mediocre LSAT score will get me into FSU, but when I plug my info into lawschoolpredictor it says (correct me if I'm reading it wrong) that 42% of the people accepted were at or below me. I don't know how many of those are URMs and such, but that's still a decent percentage.

Also, if that "% at/below" is something different than what I think it is, please someone tell me. Because that's how I've been gauging my chances for most schools..

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Barbie wrote:Do you guys know when FSU will send out scholly info? (Not that I expect any, just curious :D :D :D)

I think it comes in a packet along with your acceptance letter...or at least a few weeks later. I could be wrong though.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:35 pm

SixStrings11 wrote: Agreed. I'm not saying my very mediocre LSAT score will get me into FSU, but when I plug my info into lawschoolpredictor it says (correct me if I'm reading it wrong) that 42% of the people accepted were at or below me. I don't know how many of those are URMs and such, but that's still a decent percentage.

Also, if that "% at/below" is something different than what I think it is, please someone tell me. Because that's how I've been gauging my chances for most schools..
I was only 53% on LSP... I don't think LSP takes a few things into consideration... like IMO, FSU is one of the schools who seems to me to care more about LSAT score than GPA. Stuff like that. I think LSN is a better indication of chances overall. (again, IMO)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 pm

And in the package it says scholarship info comes later... but it didn't really say when. Just wondering if someone knew from last cycle when they started appearing heh.

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
Neo wrote:

Agreed. I'm not saying my very mediocre LSAT score will get me into FSU, but when I plug my info into lawschoolpredictor it says (correct me if I'm reading it wrong) that 42% of the people accepted were at or below me. I don't know how many of those are URMs and such, but that's still a decent percentage.

Sorry, I don't know much about lawschool predictor so I am afraid I am no help. But I would like to point something out. This whole "URM" boost does not apply to Florida public schools. I emailed the admissions director at a few schools asking about this and the response I got from one of them was that by Florida law they cannot consider race/ethnicity at all in the admissions process. I don't know if they don't actually look or not but, at least in theory, they can't.
Last edited by Neo on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Neo wrote:
Sorry, I don't know much about lawschool predictor so I am afraid I am no help. But I would like to point something out. This whole "URM" boost does not apply to Florida public schools. I emailed the admissions director at a few schools asking about this and the response I got from one of them was that by Florida law they cannot consider Race/Ethnicity at all in the admissions process. I don't know if they don't actually look or not but, at least in theory, they can't.
I know UF undergrad DEFINITLY does offer the boost. I guess its just the law schools then? That is super weird!

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Barbie wrote:
Neo wrote:
Sorry, I don't know much about lawschool predictor so I am afraid I am no help. But I would like to point something out. This whole "URM" boost does not apply to Florida public schools. I emailed the admissions director at a few schools asking about this and the response I got from one of them was that by Florida law they cannot consider Race/Ethnicity at all in the admissions process. I don't know if they don't actually look or not but, at least in theory, they can't.
I know UF undergrad DEFINITLY does offer the boost. I guess its just the law schools then? That is super weird!

Yea, I can't speak about undergrad as I only emailed law schools...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”