FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EricBerry

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Postby EricBerry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:42 pm

ChiCubs14 wrote:I go to UCF so very similar situation...

The girls don't really dress up, but there are some girls that make gym shorts and a t-shirt look goooooooooooooooooooooooood

Hah, by "dress up", I mean "dress down".

procrastinator

Postby procrastinator » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 pm

I prefer them to dress off.

EricBerry

Postby EricBerry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Can anyone suggest a hotel for the ASD? Is visitor parking available at the arena/garage or do I need to be within walking distance?

ChiCubs14

Postby ChiCubs14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:19 pm

EricBerry wrote:

The girls don't really dress up, but there are some girls that make gym shorts and a t-shirt look goooooooooooooooooooooooood

Hah, by "dress up", I mean "dress down".

Oh...I thought that you were asking if they dress up or down with the ()...nvm :( ....I like girls :lol:

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 pm

EricBerry wrote:Can anyone suggest a hotel for the ASD? Is visitor parking available at the arena/garage or do I need to be within walking distance?

In Feb. for Academic Scholars Day several of us did the priceline name your own price for $45 and got the Doubletree, and it is withing walking distance of the school. I believe it is in region 2 on the priceline map...

fsulawjd

Postby fsulawjd » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:32 pm

For those seeking Florida residency, I would just like to reiterate that if you move to Tallahassee in late July or early August you will have plenty of time to complete the residency requirements. Just make it a priority once you get there and you'll get it done relatively stress free.

There have also been some references to a letter of intent. That is no longer required, so you don't have to worry about it.

Here is the link to the instructions. It tells you everything you need to know!

http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_stud ... elines.pdf

procrastinator

Postby procrastinator » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:45 pm

fsulawjd wrote:There have also been some references to a letter of intent. That is no longer required, so you don't have to worry about it.

I hereby renounce my loyalty to the State of Florida!

EricBerry

Postby EricBerry » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
EricBerry wrote:Can anyone suggest a hotel for the ASD? Is visitor parking available at the arena/garage or do I need to be within walking distance?

In Feb. for Academic Scholars Day several of us did the priceline name your own price for $45 and got the Doubletree, and it is withing walking distance of the school. I believe it is in region 2 on the priceline map...

The going rate for the doubletree right now is $130. What was it in Feb? Doesn't seem like anything close to $45 would get it.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

EricBerry wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:

The going rate for the doubletree right now is $130. What was it in Feb? Doesn't seem like anything close to $45 would get it.

I just went to Orlando with my girl, bid $50, and got the Rosen Centre, which is going for more than triple that.

Put your trust in William Shatner.

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:15 pm

EricBerry wrote:
NCtoDC wrote:

You can't just do a reservation search for Doubletree. You have to do the name your own price thing. You may or may not get Doubletree, but in Feb. the $45 bid got everyone in the Doubletree.

Oh, and it is region 1 not region 2.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm

NCtoDC, if you woulda come out with us Thursday night, you wouldn't even have a decision to make ;)

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Gah! I hate that look. And by that look I mean Nike Tempos, XXL tshirt, running shoes, and full face of makeup with hair done. Seriously? I know you aren't working out like that. Terrible look. I go to Alabama and its everywhere. I'm involved with varsity athletics and have two practices daily, yet don't dress like that to class. There is no excuse for sloppy. Grrrr....rant much?

NCtoDC

Postby NCtoDC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:NCtoDC, if you woulda come out with us Thursday night, you wouldn't even have a decision to make ;)

:-/ awww, way to rub it in...I REALLY wish I hadn't felt crappy.

amarkonthedoor

Postby amarkonthedoor » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:24 am

EricBerry wrote:lol so do the girls dress up (down?) more for the grocery than for class? Funny that you specifically mention grocery shopping.

Anybody going to the ASD on the 25th? I'm trying to get some friends to make the 7 hour drive with me, but looks like I'll be going alone. Hopefully I can find a group that's trying to check out the bars on Friday night.

I'm going! I'd be down to check out bars with TLSers Thursday or Friday, I'll be in Tallahassee both nights and I'm curious about the nightlife.

Neo

Postby Neo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:53 am

I have spent some time at UCF and I am insulted that you are comparing the girls at UCF to those in Tallahassee. The girls in tally are by far better looking. Afterall, there ain't no ho like a tally ho.

Bless

Postby Bless » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 am

Neo wrote:

I have spent some time at UCF and I am insulted that you are comparing the girls at UCF to those in Tallahassee. The girls in tally are by far better looking. Afterall, there ain't no ho like a tally ho.

Agreed. Orlando has a plethora of beautiful girls, but Tallahassee is in a league of its own. It's simply unreal. But good luck trying to get them to talk about anything other than their sorority.

ChiCubs14

Postby ChiCubs14 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 am

I definitely agree that FSU has the best looking girls in the country...

Never would argue that...

I live in a fraternity house so I am used to seeing the better side of UCF...pretty much what I was comparing it with...

EricBerry

Postby EricBerry » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 am

amarkonthedoor wrote:I'm going! I'd be down to check out bars with TLSers Thursday or Friday, I'll be in Tallahassee both nights and I'm curious about the nightlife.

I'm probably down.

BTW--So glad I bid priceline and didn't go for university inn. I just got doubletree for $60 (they rejected $45).

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:39 am

minuit wrote:Haha you haven't been to Club Pub then... I personally have shopped at the Lake Ella Publix since freshman year, even when I lived in the dorms! Club Pub is too effin' crowded all the time.

"A trip to the local grocery store Publix was really a trip to Club Publix where you had a better chance of picking up a member of the opposite sex than you did of remembering everything on the grocery list you forgot to bring. It is noteworthy that this particular Publix was once named by Playboy to be the best place in America to pick-up a hot date."
Last edited by Cool Brees on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

minuit

Postby minuit » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 am

Cool Brees wrote:
minuit wrote:Haha you haven't been to Club Pub then... I personally have shopped at the Lake Ella Publix since freshman year, even when I lived in the dorms! Club Pub is too effin' crowded all the time.

"A trip to the local grocery store Publix was really a trip to Club Publix where you had a better chance of picking up a member of the opposite sex than you did of remembering everything on the grocery list you forgot to bring. It is noteworthy that this particular Publix was once named by Playboy to be the best place in America to pick-up a hot date."

:lol: that is great!

dukivich10

Postby dukivich10 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:35 am

Cool Brees wrote:

I am a witness...its truly epic.

MattThiessen

Postby MattThiessen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:05 am

Just withdrew. Hopefully one of you guys get my scholarship!

Neo

Postby Neo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 am

Cool Brees wrote:

Ha ha you know I heard this during my freshman year. I always believed it after setting foot in club pub. I've always wondered if it was actually published though, where did you get this/read about it?

Cool Brees

Postby Cool Brees » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Neo wrote:
Cool Brees wrote:

Ha ha you know I heard this during my freshman year. I always believed it after setting foot in club pub. I've always wondered if it was actually published though, where did you get this/read about it?

Some random website about college. I removed the link because I am not sure if it is safe for TLS. If you Google the bold part, it will likely be the first result. No, that is not my writing or my website. If I was not at work, I would research the legitimacy of the claim; however, searching Playboy at work seems less than kosher.

Bless

Postby Bless » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:33 pm

It's true, but that article is old. If I remember correctly, it was published my senior year in high school. Nonetheless, nothing changed when I started shopping there...lol.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”