EricBerry wrote:I've got a few questions for current students and future students in the know:
1. Is LRW graded? Any other quirks in the curriculum I should know about?
2. Are previous exams available in the library/online?
3. Will Macs work with the exam software?
4. I'm planning on living in the direct vicinity of the law school. Is this a good choice? Are there decent restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance?
5. What kind of grades do you need for the study abroad programs?
6. How do students get football tickets?
7. Are there plenty of cabs in Tally on the weekends? Do you even need them?
8. Any good fishing areas nearby?
Thanks! Looking forward to my visit!
I can answer a few of these from ASD...
LRW is graded. Sucks, but whatever.
Macs work with the exam software.
The closer the apartment is to the school, the shittier and more expensive it is likely to be. Weird, right? They say if you look about 10-15 away (on a bike), you find some great value. The students didn't make it sound like a problem. There were PLENTY of restaurants, its technically a city so you'll have plenty of options to choose from.
Football tickets are free and the students we talked to said they don't miss a single game. I loved that.
I took a cab when I went out with my merry band of TLSers, but it was goddamn expensive.
Wish I could answer the fishing, as its something I'm looking forward to do to relieve the stress.
alicrimson wrote:Waiting on UF and Bama to make a counter. Haha. Not sure. But surely am very happy to be accepted and saving about 100 grand in one day. Meaning: no Miami and no Tulane. What about you?
Change my mind by the day. Its frustrating. I think I'm going to end up having a one hour special on ESPN 3 announcing my decision with all proceeds going to charity.