FSU c/o2014 Applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Gold

FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Post by Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 pm

Someone had to start the thread :) Anyone already submitted?

FeelTheHeat wrote:Florida State University

A little taste of the south...

The main building.

The vacated court being acquired by the school for spring 2012. Its going to be a REALLY nice addition, one of the more impressive aspects of the school.

These white houses are home to the law review, alumni association, and two other organizations whose names escape me at the moment.

The above two are the student lounge.

The main building of FSU that shows up in all the brochures.

I really enjoyed the trip and the general feeling of the school. Sorry for the shoddy photography lol. Facilities are a little dated, but it gives it a sort of charm I like. Hope you enjoyed, and thanks to everyone else who has put up pictures. Wish I could have gotten the rec center, but couldn't find any parking. TLSers rock, and Barbie, you gotta get me the pictures from on the border lol
Last edited by Barbie on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ns77770

Bronze

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey I'll be applying. When do you think you'll have your app in? Also, the school is really nice!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:29 pm

ns77770 wrote:Hey I'll be applying. When do you think you'll have your app in? Also, the school is really nice!
I have to visit soon!!! Once my transcripts update, the app is out! You?

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:30 pm

I'll be submitting in the next couple days (hopefully). I dare say, the campus is nicer than UF's! Plus I think I might like the Northern Florida feel, ya know?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:32 pm

ns77770 wrote:I'll be submitting in the next couple days (hopefully). I dare say, the campus is nicer than UF's! Plus I think I might like the Northern Florida feel, ya know?
I have a bad taste in my mouth about FSU's undergrad. Ive visited there once for a football game and it was downright nasty... hopefully the LS is much nicer and in a much nicer area. I want an older feel to the area... young adults rather than UG students. I have heard GREAT things though! And they are well ranked. Also, they take DEGREE GPA if it is higher than your cumulative! Win :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Barbie wrote:
ns77770 wrote:I'll be submitting in the next couple days (hopefully). I dare say, the campus is nicer than UF's! Plus I think I might like the Northern Florida feel, ya know?
I have a bad taste in my mouth about FSU's undergrad. Ive visited there once for a football game and it was downright nasty... hopefully the LS is much nicer and in a much nicer area. I want an older feel to the area... young adults rather than UG students. I have heard GREAT things though! And they are well ranked. Also, they take DEGREE GPA if it is higher than your cumulative! Win :)
Wow I didn't know they took whichever was higher! And I admit I have not spent a lot of time at FSU, but what I've seen I've liked. What was nasty about it? The people? The campus? All of the above?

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:46 pm

I told myself I would never ever apply to FSU...but then I realized that if I don't get into UF but somehow do get into FSU, I would have to choose FSU over Miami or any other school in Florida because of the in-state tuition. So I will be applying after all...

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 pm

flgator10 wrote:I told myself I would never ever apply to FSU...but then I realized that if I don't get into UF but somehow do get into FSU, I would have to choose FSU over Miami or any other school in Florida because of the in-state tuition. So I will be applying after all...
You pretty much summed up my thought process and probably the thought process of everybody who wants to go to law school in the sun shine state.

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:58 pm

ns77770 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:I told myself I would never ever apply to FSU...but then I realized that if I don't get into UF but somehow do get into FSU, I would have to choose FSU over Miami or any other school in Florida because of the in-state tuition. So I will be applying after all...
You pretty much summed up my thought process and probably the thought process of everybody who wants to go to law school in the sun shine state.
I know it is a great program and everything and that it's just a silly rivalry, but it's just really difficult to consider going to a school that I have spent the past 4 years hating.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:02 pm

flgator10 wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
I know it is a great program and everything and that it's just a silly rivalry, but it's just really difficult to consider going to a school that I have spent the past 4 years hating.
Plus in FL the mindset is pretty much UF > FSU (whether or not this is true is debatable). Did you submit already?

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:03 pm

ns77770 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
Plus in FL the mindset is pretty much UF > FSU (whether or not this is true is debatable). Did you submit already?
Nope. Have to wait until my October LSAT score is released, so probably not until beginning of November. :(

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm excited to apply to both! They are both very competitive and good in FL. I know a guy going to UF because he didn't get into FSU, and I know a girl doing the opposite. It's really a toss up.

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 pm

flgator10 wrote: Nope. Have to wait until my October LSAT score is released, so probably not until beginning of November.
Then good luck with the LSAT! What is your GPA, if you don't mind me asking?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 pm

ns77770 wrote:
flgator10 wrote: Nope. Have to wait until my October LSAT score is released, so probably not until beginning of November.
3.83 GPA...but really struggling with the LSAT. May even have to retake in December :cry:

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:16 pm

ns77770 wrote:
fail.

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 pm

minuit wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
fail.
? Is it because I said sun shine instead of sunshine?

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:21 pm

ns77770 wrote:
minuit wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
fail.
:roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 pm

flgator10 wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
3.83 GPA...but really struggling with the LSAT. May even have to retake in December :cry:
Where are you PTing at? Also, I wonder if you will get a boost since you went to UF undergrad.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm

ns77770 wrote:
minuit wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
fail.
I'm assuming its because of the assumption that everyone would go to UF>FSU... Idk... but minuit.. play nicely :)

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Barbie wrote:I'm assuming its because of the assumption that everyone would go to UF>FSU... Idk... but minuit.. play nicely :)
Oh... but that's true... Why would somebody get mad about that?

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 pm

ns77770 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
Where are you PTing at? Also, I wonder if you will get a boost since you went to UF undergrad.
Mid-150's. I will start improving and then all of a sudden get a couple of 152's or something and then go back up...it's pretty frustrating. I know it's normal to fluctuate but this close to the test, I just want consistent scores. I at least want to get a 160, but I'm not sure how likely that is for October. I will probably end up taking the December test, so I can try to bring it up as high as I can. That will allow me to at least get my applications in early and then send in the new score later.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:32 pm

flgator10 wrote:
Mid-150's. I will start improving and then all of a sudden get a couple of 152's or something and then go back up...it's pretty frustrating. I know it's normal to fluctuate but this close to the test, I just want consistent scores. I at least want to get a 160, but I'm not sure how likely that is for October. I will probably end up taking the December test, so I can try to bring it up as high as I can. That will allow me to at least get my applications in early and then send in the new score later.

I think with your GPA you need... at leaaast a 157 for UF. Just my opinion. So don't freak out too much :)

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 pm

flgator10 wrote:[

I had some drops in scores also along the way, and looking back on it I am pretty sure it was burn out. Whatever it is, good luck!

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Barbie wrote:
I'm assuming its because of the assumption that everyone would go to UF>FSU... Idk... but minuit.. play nicely :)
i mean, it's just not true. it's a silly thing to think. i know lots of people who chose FSU over UF. you'll meet lots of these people if you come here :)

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks guys! I'll be practicing like crazy the next couple of weeks. Crossing my fingers and trying to stay positive!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”