FSU c/o2014 Applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amarkonthedoor

New

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Post by amarkonthedoor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:29 am

were they from lucy & leo's?? those cupcakes are divine.
I don't know, but I need to find out! Best cupcake I've ever had.

amarkonthedoor

New

Post by amarkonthedoor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:35 am

Intraining wrote:Called today about being on hold, and was told that rejections have begun and surviving the attrition was a good thing...hmmm
I have a good feeling you'll get in, your numbers are the same as mine and I was let in on Feb. 25 after being complete for almost 2 months.
edit: I knocked on wood after posting this ;)

KM89

New

Post by KM89 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm still on hold too...have been since 2/25. I sent in a LOCI and I am visiting campus this Friday, hopefully I'll be hearing good news soon! But they're rolling out rejections starting this week....uh-oh.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:35 pm

amarkonthedoor wrote:
Well if they weren't, then prepare to have an even better cupcake when you get here. I think they make them with crack and butter.

Trinity11

New

Post by Trinity11 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:38 pm

minuit wrote:
amarkonthedoor wrote:
Well if they weren't, then prepare to have an even better cupcake when you get here. I think they make them with crack and butter.
I thought Lucy and Leo's were good...UNTIL I tried the Cake Shop! These are definitely the best in tallahassee..PLUS if you get those coupons from Bill's bookstore, there is a coupon for buy one get one there :) you gotta love free!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Trinity11 wrote:
minuit wrote:
amarkonthedoor wrote:
I thought Lucy and Leo's were good...UNTIL I tried the Cake Shop! These are definitely the best in tallahassee..PLUS if you get those coupons from Bill's bookstore, there is a coupon for buy one get one there :) you gotta love free!
omg need to try!!

amarkonthedoor

New

Post by amarkonthedoor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:23 pm

lol this was just posted to the 2014 facebook group:
"We have had several requests for information regarding the food provided during our event last Friday - particularly the cupcakes; so here is a rundown of the local vendors represented during lunch and the ice cream social."

Apparently they're from Tasty Pastry Bakery...but now I have to try the two you guys mentioned. Is there such a thing as the 1L fifteen...? :P

Intraining

Bronze

Post by Intraining » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 pm

amarkonthedoor wrote:
Intraining wrote:Called today about being on hold, and was told that rejections have begun and surviving the attrition was a good thing...hmmm
I have a good feeling you'll get in, your numbers are the same as mine and I was let in on Feb. 25 after being complete for almost 2 months.
edit: I knocked on wood after posting this ;)

Haha, thanks. I did too. If I don't get in I'm going to look pretty hard at retaking/reapplying while working for the state government. I could always take my talents to south beach, but look how well that worked out for lebron.

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm

I already sent in 1 LOCI, do you guys think that it would be a bad idea to send in another. I have been on hold since 02-25-11. My undergrad gpa is low(3.0) but it was in a hard science(if that matters), my grad gpa(3.56) is pretty good(hard science), and my LSAT is so so at a 161.

I have already sent in one LOCI and a update letter including a new job. I don't want to bother them too much

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:I already sent in 1 LOCI, do you guys think that it would be a bad idea to send in another. I have been on hold since 02-25-11. My undergrad gpa is low(3.0) but it was in a hard science(if that matters), my grad gpa(3.56) is pretty good(hard science), and my LSAT is so so at a 161.

I have already sent in one LOCI and a update letter including a new job. I don't want to bother them too much

I wouldn't push it. I think two letters is plenty.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:28 pm

amarkonthedoor wrote:
lol this was just posted to the 2014 facebook group:
"We have had several requests for information regarding the food provided during our event last Friday - particularly the cupcakes; so here is a rundown of the local vendors represented during lunch and the ice cream social."

Apparently they're from Tasty Pastry Bakery...but now I have to try the two you guys mentioned. Is there such a thing as the 1L fifteen...? :P
ITT: Tallahassee loves cupcakes.

edit: Also, sent in my seat deposit today! I had to double deposit because my SO is transferring from community college to a university finally (he started school 5 years late) and undergrad transfer admissions take for-fucking-ever to hear back from, but either way, I would be so happy to go to FSU! I love the law school (and the scholarship helps :D )

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:20 pm

I guess FSU is paperless because I never got a letter saying I was held. Should I write a LOCI? I thought that was just if you were waitlisted...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:27 pm

NCtoDC wrote:
Gatorbull84 wrote:I already sent in 1 LOCI, do you guys think that it would be a bad idea to send in another. I have been on hold since 02-25-11. My undergrad gpa is low(3.0) but it was in a hard science(if that matters), my grad gpa(3.56) is pretty good(hard science), and my LSAT is so so at a 161.

I wouldn't push it. I think two letters is plenty.
+1. Barring a waitlist situation, I wouldn't send anymore.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

valentina5

New

Post by valentina5 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 am

KM89 wrote:I'm still on hold too...have been since 2/25. I sent in a LOCI and I am visiting campus this Friday, hopefully I'll be hearing good news soon! But they're rolling out rejections starting this week....uh-oh.
On hold since 2/25 8)

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Made my decision. See you in the fall!

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Created a c/o 2014 thread, since we didn't have one yet.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=151884

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm

awesome! thanks for doing that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Bronze

Post by FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm

just faxed my withdrawl... dont let the fin aid ppl lie to you, theres now more money floating in their scholly budget. Good luck to all that are waiting

Gatorbull84

Bronze

Post by Gatorbull84 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:29 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:just faxed my withdrawl... dont let the fin aid ppl lie to you, theres now more money floating in their scholly budget. Good luck to all that are waiting

I appreciate you withdrawing. Maybe FSU will finally make a decision on my application

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Accusing FSU of lying if they say they don't have money is pretty baseless and egregious. Schools give out more money than they have in their budget because they know not all applicants will accept their offers.

I do not like to see FSU misrepresented. They have been nothing but kind and forthcoming throughout the application process. Best of luck to everyone waiting on an acceptance or scholarship.

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Will be sending in my withdrawal tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

NCtoDC wrote:Will be sending in my withdrawal tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
+1

Goodbye, dear FSU. You were great to me these 4.5 years!

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:05 pm

jumping on the withdrawal bandwagon. Good luck everyone!

ChiCubs14

Bronze

Post by ChiCubs14 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Good luck to you all who withdrew (I think most of you are UF bound?)

Hopefully more will withdraw(because they have something that is a better fit, not for negative reasons) and that will free up spaces for the people that are really hoping to get into FSU, like myself...

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I can't imagine there being many negative reasons for withdrawing from FSU; like you said, it is mostly just better fits for a lot of people. UF's alumni base and reputation is south Florida is ridiculously strong, which is why I'm biting the extra 20k. It is undoubtedly the second best option in Florida with regards to state mobility and debt.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”