FSU c/o2014 Applicants! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cool Brees

New

Re: FSU c/o2014 Applicants!

Post by Cool Brees » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Barbie wrote:
Cool Brees wrote: Yes, I get it. I agreed that it was a LSAT heavy school. :lol: I just didn't realize you were trying to predict the gpa because the actual gpa was posted.

Besides this conversation started because the difference between my LSDAS (3.4) and degree (4.0) is a significant difference. Still probably does not matter because FSU favors the LSAT.
OBVIOUSLY I didn't see your previously posted GPA. I must admit, I am not a fan of yours. :?

Sorry! When I asked what you meant, I was being genuine. I thought you were trying to point something out.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Barbie wrote:
Cool Brees wrote: Yes, I get it. I agreed that it was a LSAT heavy school. :lol: I just didn't realize you were trying to predict the gpa because the actual gpa was posted.

Besides this conversation started because the difference between my LSDAS (3.4) and degree (4.0) is a significant difference. Still probably does not matter because FSU favors the LSAT.
OBVIOUSLY I didn't see your previously posted GPA. I must admit, I am not a fan of yours. :?
to be fair, you quoted his GPA in your original reply to him 9 minutes after he posted it.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:52 pm

minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:

to be fair, you quoted his GPA in your original reply to him 9 minutes after he posted it.
Is this the proof you offer that I didn't SEE it? I didn't know that posting something meant I surely read it. Obv. reading comp fail on my part, but if you expected your comment to point out that I was what... lying? It doesn't change anything.

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Barbie wrote:
minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Is this the proof you offer that I didn't SEE it? I didn't know that posting something meant I surely read it. Obv. reading comp fail on my part, but if you expected your comment to point out that I was what... lying? It doesn't change anything.
i just think you're being a bit harsh on him, he didn't do anything to you. if anything, he's just trying to agree and you're making it difficult.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 pm

:evil:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Great news guys!

Just got an acceptance call about an hour ago. Sent my application a little over a week ago. 2.87/166

Class of 2014, go Noles!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Cmart050 wrote:Great news guys!

Just got an acceptance call about an hour ago. Sent my application a little over a week ago. 2.87/166

Class of 2014, go Noles!
You're going to FSU for sure? CONGRATS !

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Barbie wrote:

Class of 2014, go Noles!
Yes, I got a call which is great because I get to be excited all over again upon getting the letter! FSU was my number one choice, I really did not expect to be admitted because of my GPA but it looks like my lucky day! An acceptance from UF or full scholarship from UM may change my mind, but I am pretty set on being a Nole. (Despite being a Canes fan my whole life ;)

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Cmart050 wrote:Yes, I got a call which is great because I get to be excited all over again upon getting the letter! FSU was my number one choice, I really did not expect to be admitted because of my GPA but it looks like my lucky day! An acceptance from UF or full scholarship from UM may change my mind, but I am pretty set on being a Nole. (Despite being a Canes fan my whole life ;)
You were a lock at FSU all along, Mr. 166 :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DrackedaryMaster

Bronze

Post by DrackedaryMaster » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:22 pm

In at FSU! Just got the call this afternoon as well. While I've been a Nole fan my whole life, I'm leaning strongly toward UF for the tax concentration. But its great to have options now. Good luck to all!

tarheelgirl

New

Post by tarheelgirl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Just got into FSU as well! Got the call this afternoon..... Go Noles! Any ideas when UF or UM will send another batch of acceptances?

Cool Brees

New

Post by Cool Brees » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Congrats to everyone!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 pm

just looked at FSU's profile from Fall 2009 admissions. 46 out of 52 applicants within my LSAT/GPA range (high end of both for me) were admitted. If I bump up Dec score by 1 or 2 points it moves into 8/9 admitted. Wooo. These charts are great for knowing if youre in a certain range what kind of odds you might be looking at.

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC5219.pdf

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 am

One week turnaround on the application. I believe at this point the only thing that would deter me from going to FSU is an acceptance from Gainesville, but even then I am not sure. I am a splitter that FSU favors (166/2.9) and it will be a reach for UF, but it feels down here in Miami that UF holds more prestige, hence strongly considering it. Either way, I am thrilled that this is even a problem as six months ago I was looking at Nova and FIU as hopefuls!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Sandro777 wrote:just looked at FSU's profile from Fall 2009 admissions. 46 out of 52 applicants within my LSAT/GPA range (high end of both for me) were admitted. If I bump up Dec score by 1 or 2 points it moves into 8/9 admitted. Wooo. These charts are great for knowing if youre in a certain range what kind of odds you might be looking at.

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC5219.pdf
If that is an accurate indication, 75 out of 268 were admitted with my numbers. I'll be honest, as bad as that looks, I thought my odds were worse. Haha.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:43 pm

FSU has tricked me twice today. Once was a phone call about a tour and the other was some admissions Happy Holiday email. Both occasions I thought I was getting an acceptance notice. Why, Florida State? Why? Don't send me holiday cards, send me a response. Haha. Putting fools on edge.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:03 am

alicrimson wrote:FSU has tricked me twice today. Once was a phone call about a tour and the other was some admissions Happy Holiday email. Both occasions I thought I was getting an acceptance notice. Why, Florida State? Why? Don't send me holiday cards, send me a response. Haha. Putting fools on edge.
Uhh I didn't get a holiday card! haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Barbie wrote:
alicrimson wrote:FSU has tricked me twice today. Once was a phone call about a tour and the other was some admissions Happy Holiday email. Both occasions I thought I was getting an acceptance notice. Why, Florida State? Why? Don't send me holiday cards, send me a response. Haha. Putting fools on edge.
Uhh I didn't get a holiday card! haha
Yes, but you did get an acceptance call. I would take yours over mine any day. haha. Hopefully soon. Also, FSU's status checker has changed to the LSAC website as a status deal with "transmitted" instead of complete.

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Anyone else frustrated with FSU's admissions strategy? It seem as though that they are only looking at high LSAT people regardless of GPA and are waiting on the rest... according to LSAC, they offered admission to 100 percent of the people with my numbers. I get that FSU puts a higher emphasis on LSAT scores than most schools but I don't understand the necessity of holding off strong applicants in favor of splitters. Sorry to vent and congrats to everyone that has been accepted thus far, you guys more than deserve it.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Cmart050 wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Class of 2014, go Noles!
Yes, I got a call which is great because I get to be excited all over again upon getting the letter! FSU was my number one choice, I really did not expect to be admitted because of my GPA but it looks like my lucky day! An acceptance from UF or full scholarship from UM may change my mind, but I am pretty set on being a Nole. (Despite being a Canes fan my whole life ;)
Hopefully in 3 weeks you and I will be numbers twins and I will get in... this waiting is even harder this time around because there are multiple people with stats similar to mine who have been accepted. :(

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 am

hurricane10 wrote:Anyone else frustrated with FSU's admissions strategy? It seem as though that they are only looking at high LSAT people regardless of GPA and are waiting on the rest... according to LSAC, they offered admission to 100 percent of the people with my numbers. I get that FSU puts a higher emphasis on LSAT scores than most schools but I don't understand the necessity of holding off strong applicants in favor of splitters. Sorry to vent and congrats to everyone that has been accepted thus far, you guys more than deserve it.
I agree. Unless there is some type of emergency I won't be going to FSU but I applied on day 1. I still am under review. Also, LSAC and previous LSN profiles would make it seem like almost everyone with my numbers have gotten in in the past. I can see how it is frustrating especially if FSU is your top choice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 am

crap. Just was re reading over FSU's app and it says my personal statement MUST be 3-4 pages DOUBLE spaced. I am polishing up my PS right now and it covers about 2 pages.

You guys all made yours 3-4 pages? Most schools say no more than two :(

skirschner1

New

Post by skirschner1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 am

Sandro777 wrote:crap. Just was re reading over FSU's app and it says my personal statement MUST be 3-4 pages DOUBLE spaced. I am polishing up my PS right now and it covers about 2 pages.

Mine was 2 double spaced. Didnt really read much into that but maybe I should have. At this point I dont really care.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 am

skirschner1 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:crap. Just was re reading over FSU's app and it says my personal statement MUST be 3-4 pages DOUBLE spaced. I am polishing up my PS right now and it covers about 2 pages.

Mine was 2 double spaced. Didnt really read much into that but maybe I should have. At this point I dont really care.
Yea, I can't help but think that a lot of people send it in with two pages as most schools prohibit more. Hmm.

Also, anyone who has parents that live in FL and will qualify for in state through them, did you mark yourself as a FL resident on the check box? I am technically not a Florida resident but should get instate tuition as I'm claimed as a dependent. Right?

minuit

Silver

Post by minuit » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:40 am

if you are a dependant and your parents live in florida, you are a florida resident! did you go to an out of state undergrad or something?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”