Pittsburgh 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SherlockHolmes

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby SherlockHolmes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 pm

fundamentallybroken wrote:
northwood wrote:Just checked my voicemail: accepted today after being under review since 12/8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt hear the phone ring!

sweetness

Congrats - and about time!!

+1 Congrats!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Just withdrew (I emailed them). Hope my spot goes to a TLSer.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 pm

i was under review since 12/8, and i called them in the afternoon, so im not that special.

c0anna10

Postby c0anna10 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 pm

northwood wrote:i was under review since 12/8, and i called them in the afternoon, so im not that special.

Congrats! Would you mind PMing me your LSAT? Thank you! Hope you get some $$

rubaiyatsongs

Postby rubaiyatsongs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Wow, way to go Northwood! I emailed them an email my boyfriend called "bold." Hopefully they don't think I'm a totally pushy jerk. Shoulda just called. :)

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Congrats!
:D

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:15 pm

thanks for all of the congrats!

rubiaysongs: I was about to email them, but then decided a phone call would be a better way to get in contact ( and so that I can better explain things wihtout coming off as impatient). I was waiting a while, and just politely asked when i should hear a decision. I told them i was understanding about the weather and holidays, but was just wondering for a general timeline for a response. I left a voicemail to the admissions person, and when they returned the call, i was out walking the dog and making dinner, so i missed it.

rubaiyatsongs

Postby rubaiyatsongs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:54 am

northwood wrote:thanks for all of the congrats!

rubiaysongs: I was about to email them, but then decided a phone call would be a better way to get in contact ( and so that I can better explain things wihtout coming off as impatient). I was waiting a while, and just politely asked when i should hear a decision. I told them i was understanding about the weather and holidays, but was just wondering for a general timeline for a response. I left a voicemail to the admissions person, and when they returned the call, i was out walking the dog and making dinner, so i missed it.

Yea, in my email I just explained that as a full-time and self-sufficient worker, I needed to plan visits to schools way in advance, and that if I couldn't make a trip to them before the deadline then they wouldn't be as high on my list as they are now, should I get in. Which is definitely true - I'm a nanny so it's not like I can just skip out and the toddlers can watch themselves. I did just ask when I could expect to know, not an actual answer, so, here's hoping! Congrats again Northwood - although now I'm feeling so, so alone. ;)

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:40 am

Gemini wrote:Just withdrew (I emailed them). Hope my spot goes to a TLSer.

+1

I withdrew as well I hope one of you still waiting gets my spot and scholarship.

kartal

Postby kartal » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 pm

For those who already got admitted, when is the first seat deposit due and how much is it? Thanks.

Chouchous

Postby Chouchous » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:40 pm

kartal wrote:For those who already got admitted, when is the first seat deposit due and how much is it? Thanks.

"complete deposit receipt form after March 1, but postmarked no later than April 5"...it's $200

Iceman389

Postby Iceman389 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Wait listed today via e-mail. UR 12/8. Will be keeping my name on the wait list since I have family in the area and love the city. PM for stats if interested

JDHopeful

Postby JDHopeful » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Iceman389 wrote:Wait listed today via e-mail. UR 12/8. Will be keeping my name on the wait list since I have family in the area and love the city. PM for stats if interested

What are your stats?

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:57 pm

anyone know how long it takes to get official notice? I got accepted thursday- and it says that they mailed something. i live 8 hours away so it should be here shortly right??

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm

northwood wrote:anyone know how long it takes to get official notice? I got accepted thursday- and it says that they mailed something. i live 8 hours away so it should be here shortly right??

my status checker also says my acceptance letter was mailed on 2/3 and an open house invite was mailed today....i did not get the acceptance letter yet.

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm

northwood wrote:anyone know how long it takes to get official notice? I got accepted thursday- and it says that they mailed something. i live 8 hours away so it should be here shortly right??

I got my letter like 4 days or so after acceptance, and I live in Northern Indiana

aidez-moi

Postby aidez-moi » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:00 pm

JDHopeful wrote:
Iceman389 wrote:Wait listed today via e-mail. UR 12/8. Will be keeping my name on the wait list since I have family in the area and love the city. PM for stats if interested

What are your stats?

wow

boilerup89

Postby boilerup89 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:04 pm

I miss the display picture you used to have too. I used to have a collie.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi, I had to apply late because I had a family crisis this year. I got an e-mail from them for the status checker the day after I sent my app (January 20th), but I haven't gone into review yet and I don't even know if I'm complete. I call their office to see if they have everything and no one answers. Well, I know they're busy. Anyway, it's almost three weeks since I applied and I am STILL not complete or in review. I was thinking it was because I was going to take the Feb LSAT but I decided not to because of illness and will send them a letter explaining this. I think this may have made them hold my file because my LSAT score is their median and they were waiting for the Feb LSAT since it says I am signed up. Does anyone think it is strange that I am still not complete via status checker? All it says is my app is received and they have my three LORs. I mean, is this typical if you apply late in the cycle and how long did it take you January app senders to be complete or in review?

BeerMe828

Postby BeerMe828 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Hi, I had to apply late because I had a family crisis this year. I got an e-mail from them for the status checker the day after I sent my app (January 20th), but I haven't gone into review yet and I don't even know if I'm complete. I call their office to see if they have everything and no one answers. Well, I know they're busy. Anyway, it's almost three weeks since I applied and I am STILL not complete or in review. I was thinking it was because I was going to take the Feb LSAT but I decided not to because of illness and will send them a letter explaining this. I think this may have made them hold my file because my LSAT score is their median and they were waiting for the Feb LSAT since it says I am signed up. Does anyone think it is strange that I am still not complete via status checker? All it says is my app is received and they have my three LORs. I mean, is this typical if you apply late in the cycle and how long did it take you January app senders to be complete or in review?

Lol not to be a douche or anything but better sit back and get ready for a nice wait... unless you're an URM or something exciting... I applied early November. Went complete 12/8. Still no response... 159/3.5... so right about the medium. It's frustrating... but now that they're done with early decisions, I'd like to think things will be speeding up. Good luck to you!

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

BeerMe828 wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Hi, I had to apply late because I had a family crisis this year. I got an e-mail from them for the status checker the day after I sent my app (January 20th), but I haven't gone into review yet and I don't even know if I'm complete. I call their office to see if they have everything and no one answers. Well, I know they're busy. Anyway, it's almost three weeks since I applied and I am STILL not complete or in review. I was thinking it was because I was going to take the Feb LSAT but I decided not to because of illness and will send them a letter explaining this. I think this may have made them hold my file because my LSAT score is their median and they were waiting for the Feb LSAT since it says I am signed up. Does anyone think it is strange that I am still not complete via status checker? All it says is my app is received and they have my three LORs. I mean, is this typical if you apply late in the cycle and how long did it take you January app senders to be complete or in review?

Lol not to be a douche or anything but better sit back and get ready for a nice wait... unless you're an URM or something exciting... I applied early November. Went complete 12/8. Still no response... 159/3.5... so right about the medium. It's frustrating... but now that they're done with early decisions, I'd like to think things will be speeding up. Good luck to you!

You should be going into review soon. I applied in november, went into review on 12/8 and heard last thursday ( got in with the same numbers as you). I think you are in the next batch to go under review- and will prolly hear by mid march ( ahtough this is just a guess). THis is the high point of the application cycle, so they are going to be really busy.

If you sent it in 1/20,and had shedulded to take the feb lsat- if you had not cancelled ( and gotten a refund) they are going to assume you are going to take it. You should email them to make sure they know that you aren't taking it. Double check with LSAC to make sure that everything has been sent. Sometimes it takes a week or 2 for the school to ger the lsac application info from the site. If its there, you have to be patient

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I went complete in early january or late december and went UR 1/20. Also I heard people who went UR 1/19 were getting responses last week. This seems pretty quick doesnt it?

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:04 pm

it does seem quick, but with the upcoming feb lsat on saturday, im sure a lot of schools will want to have a good number, if not all of their seats filled by the deadline- so they might have more incentive to get cracking on the apps.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 pm

I'd be so happy to get into Pitt, but for us "median people," I think they hold us until the people with the great numbers open up the seats by withdrawing their apps. It is beginning to happen according to lawschoolnumbers.

bport hopeful and beerme - Thanks for the info :-)

northwood - Congrats on your acceptance and I am sending them a letter via e-mail and certified mail on Thursday stating I will be absent from the LSAT because of illness. I am sending it to the adcomm person they said to contact in their app received e-mail.

Let's hope for those of us who haven't heard!!!! Oh and for those of you not from Pittsburgh, Oakland (where Pitt is located) is pretty cool.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, Im a little stressed too. My GPA is almost right at their 25th. Freaakzin me out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”