Pittsburgh 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 am

I go to Giant Eagle. If you go to the waterfront one, there are abunch of other stores nearby, such as Lowes, Target, Dicks, Office Max, etc. I live in Greenhill though, so its pretty close to me ( and there is an Ihop nearby as well)

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby balzern » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm

What about the Giant Eagle Market District in Shadyside? Is it pricey or just like a regular Giant Eagle?

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:34 pm

gin wrote:
balzern wrote:Also, anyone know where most people get their groceries from?

I've only gone twice but it get them from giant eagle. The first time I went to the one that's on wharton and the second time to the ellsworth one and I would recommend the one on wharton. It's in a nicer area and it's bigger


I would actually recommend going to the Giant Eagle on Centre instead (Market District). The one in the South Side isn't bad either, but it's a bit out of the way unless you live in Homestead or Squirrel Hill South.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:34 pm

balzern wrote:What about the Giant Eagle Market District in Shadyside? Is it pricey or just like a regular Giant Eagle?


Same prices, expanded selection.

HOPEFORCHANGE
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 am

Market District is the same prices for the same products regular Giant Eagle stocks- but the expanded selection someone mentioned is organic foods or other speciality items - which are pricier. There is also Shop n Save, which has weekly deals and also gives you a discount on gas. There is of course Walmart, if you want to go that route. If you're really low on cash at some point, there are also Aldis located around the city.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:03 am

Im pretty sure that there are CostCos somewhere also, if you are going for the bulk option.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby balzern » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:19 am

I just purchased cable and internet from Comcast -sigh :roll:

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:32 am

balzern wrote:I just purchased cable and internet from Comcast -sigh :roll:

Mind if I ask how much it is costing you. Working on my budget.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby balzern » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:20 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
balzern wrote:I just purchased cable and internet from Comcast -sigh :roll:

Mind if I ask how much it is costing you. Working on my budget.


PM'ed

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 pm

balzern wrote:I just purchased cable and internet from Comcast -sigh :roll:



same

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 pm

balzern wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
balzern wrote:I just purchased cable and internet from Comcast -sigh :roll:

Mind if I ask how much it is costing you. Working on my budget.


PM'ed

Thanks a lot.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 pm

I pay $112 for Comcast internet, cable, 2 HD boxes and the sports package.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:33 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I pay $112 for Comcast internet, cable, 2 HD boxes and the sports package.


grab a drink friday?
\

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Have fun, guys. I'm surprisingly missing Pittsburgh, so I may come back to join y'all for my summer job. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I live by the Centre Market District, so needless to say I walk across the street to get my groceries.

User avatar
Nanosoft
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Nanosoft » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Does the 19th mean the 19th as far as direct deposit goes? I can't really risk even a day later, and would prefer if Pitt deposits the money earlier in the morning. I'm nervous that there is going to be some sort of difficulty... :shock:

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Nanosoft wrote:Does the 19th mean the 19th as far as direct deposit goes? I can't really risk even a day later, and would prefer if Pitt deposits the money earlier in the morning. I'm nervous that there is going to be some sort of difficulty... :shock:

Me too. Ive got a lot riding on that money. I got an email about a week ago saying everything was on schedule tho.

User avatar
balzern
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby balzern » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:21 am

Dunno if anyone on here is a fan of craft/microbrew beer - but there is a huge beer festival happening Sept. 10th called the Big Pour. Tickets go on sale today at noon...

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Has anyone else who has set up direct deposit for their loans continued to get emails from Meme suggesting that they set up direct deposit?

I set it up, but this scares me. If other people are experiencing this, it will bother me less.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:12 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Has anyone else who has set up direct deposit for their loans continued to get emails from Meme suggesting that they set up direct deposit?

I set it up, but this scares me. If other people are experiencing this, it will bother me less.



yea. I think they are just mass mailed to everyone, regardless if you did it or not. Double check to soothe your feathers, but dont worry about it

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

northwood wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:Has anyone else who has set up direct deposit for their loans continued to get emails from Meme suggesting that they set up direct deposit?

I set it up, but this scares me. If other people are experiencing this, it will bother me less.



yea. I think they are just mass mailed to everyone, regardless if you did it or not. Double check to soothe your feathers, but dont worry about it

This is what I figured.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Anyone know about 1st day assignments?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:41 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Anyone know about 1st day assignments?



check the school website under current students ( underneath the picture, there is a line for first day assignments)- also if you go to the law school itself, there is a bulletin board outside the law admn. building where they have it broken down by section.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 pm

northwood wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:Anyone know about 1st day assignments?



check the school website under current students ( underneath the picture, there is a line for first day assignments)- also if you go to the law school itself, there is a bulletin board outside the law admn. building where they have it broken down by section.

You may be the most helpful person on TLS

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Dr. Review » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 am

bport hopeful wrote:
northwood wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:Anyone know about 1st day assignments?



check the school website under current students ( underneath the picture, there is a line for first day assignments)- also if you go to the law school itself, there is a bulletin board outside the law admn. building where they have it broken down by section.

You may be the most helpful person on TLS


And you may be the most nervous.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Baby Gaga, Keilz, mjm1315, Nickel94, pandaaa, proteinshake, ray.bee, sarasashasara, studyingeveryday and 14 guests