Pittsburgh 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Adrian Yale
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Adrian Yale » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:43 pm

jigalion wrote:In via status checker, wahoo. Anybody trying to get a cheapish 3-4br in Oakland/Shadyside?


I'm up for law roomies so if anyone is interested... PM me. Or just post on here.

User avatar
gin
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby gin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Adrian Yale wrote:
jigalion wrote:In via status checker, wahoo. Anybody trying to get a cheapish 3-4br in Oakland/Shadyside?


I'm up for law roomies so if anyone is interested... PM me. Or just post on here.

Is there or is there going to be a fb group? I would imagine it would be alot easier doing it that way

Adrian Yale
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Adrian Yale » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:15 pm

gin wrote:
Adrian Yale wrote:
jigalion wrote:In via status checker, wahoo. Anybody trying to get a cheapish 3-4br in Oakland/Shadyside?


I'm up for law roomies so if anyone is interested... PM me. Or just post on here.


Is there or is there going to be a fb group? I would imagine it would be alot easier doing it that way


Pitt Law-Class of 2014

Also, for those interested, do any of you live in/around pitt?

I'm going to put a message up on the Pitt Law fb group.

itsalyssa
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby itsalyssa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 pm

i called and spoke to admissions today about my waitlist status. ive decide i will be skipping school and driving down from ny to pitt on thursday just to reiterate in person how pitt is my first choice (and for me- basically the only school i want to attend) heres for hoping the seven hour trip will work in my favor.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 pm

I may need to make a slightly more professional facebook. One that is law school admissions page friendly.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 am

itsalyssa wrote:i called and spoke to admissions today about my waitlist status. ive decide i will be skipping school and driving down from ny to pitt on thursday just to reiterate in person how pitt is my first choice (and for me- basically the only school i want to attend) heres for hoping the seven hour trip will work in my favor.


Wow, now thats assertive. Hopefully it works out, I definitely wouldn't give up hope.

Adrian Yale
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Adrian Yale » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:01 am

BarbellDreams wrote:
itsalyssa wrote:i called and spoke to admissions today about my waitlist status. ive decide i will be skipping school and driving down from ny to pitt on thursday just to reiterate in person how pitt is my first choice (and for me- basically the only school i want to attend) heres for hoping the seven hour trip will work in my favor.


Wow, now thats assertive. Hopefully it works out, I definitely wouldn't give up hope.


Body paint yourself in Pitt colors with Pitt Law across your chest and/or back.

longhornlaw
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby longhornlaw » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 am

Adrian Yale wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
itsalyssa wrote:i called and spoke to admissions today about my waitlist status. ive decide i will be skipping school and driving down from ny to pitt on thursday just to reiterate in person how pitt is my first choice (and for me- basically the only school i want to attend) heres for hoping the seven hour trip will work in my favor.


Wow, now thats assertive. Hopefully it works out, I definitely wouldn't give up hope.


Body paint yourself in Pitt colors with Pitt Law across your chest and/or back.


Bring in a live panther.

VTOrange19
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby VTOrange19 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:21 am

Still waiting... (im)patiently. So, hypothetically, who is down for some Pirates games?? Not for the Buccos of course, but whenever they play someone decent on the weekends?? I want to go to Pitt sooooo badly, and it being an MLB city only adds to my love for that place. I wonder if you get free tasering and billy-club beatdowns with every paid admission? If getting drunk at a game does that for you, YouTube fame here I come!

And on a legal note, any of you law school students think there is a lawsuit coming from that incident? It seemed totally ridiculous to use that force on him, and how can you do that to someone in a badass Dream Team jacket?

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby OGR3 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am

VTOrange19 wrote:Still waiting... (im)patiently. So, hypothetically, who is down for some Pirates games?? Not for the Buccos of course, but whenever they play someone decent on the weekends?? I want to go to Pitt sooooo badly, and it being an MLB city only adds to my love for that place. I wonder if you get free tasering and billy-club beatdowns with every paid admission? If getting drunk at a game does that for you, YouTube fame here I come!

And on a legal note, any of you law school students think there is a lawsuit coming from that incident? It seemed totally ridiculous to use that force on him, and how can you do that to someone in a badass Dream Team jacket?


Whatever. The pirates are 5-5 and second in the NL Central. If they keep this up, they'll have their best season in 19 years!

I think chances are good that there will be a lawsuit. I've watched the video multiple times, and if I were a plaintiff's lawyer, I'd be all over this.

VTOrange19
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby VTOrange19 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:34 am

OGR3 wrote:
VTOrange19 wrote:Still waiting... (im)patiently. So, hypothetically, who is down for some Pirates games?? Not for the Buccos of course, but whenever they play someone decent on the weekends?? I want to go to Pitt sooooo badly, and it being an MLB city only adds to my love for that place. I wonder if you get free tasering and billy-club beatdowns with every paid admission? If getting drunk at a game does that for you, YouTube fame here I come!

And on a legal note, any of you law school students think there is a lawsuit coming from that incident? It seemed totally ridiculous to use that force on him, and how can you do that to someone in a badass Dream Team jacket?


Whatever. The pirates are 5-5 and second in the NL Central. If they keep this up, they'll have their best season in 19 years!

I think chances are good that there will be a lawsuit. I've watched the video multiple times, and if I were a plaintiff's lawyer, I'd be all over this.


Not hating on the Pirates, they just aren't my team, that's all. I want a throwback three stripe bucket hat though.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Im from NY and usually swing down to Pitt every summer when they play the Mets. Ill actually be there in June for the Mets series. 4 gamer.

Ill be attending games frequently. Cant beat 14 dollar seats.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:25 pm

$6 first row tickets to both games last weekend. Gotta love living in a city with a bad baseball team.

As for the incident, yeah that guy is definitely going to sue, the video was very clear and is all over the news/youtube/etc.. The police department gets sued frequently here, but I think this guy is winning this one.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby dreakol » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:49 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:$6 first row tickets to both games last weekend. Gotta love living in a city with a bad baseball team.

As for the incident, yeah that guy is definitely going to sue, the video was very clear and is all over the news/youtube/etc.. The police department gets sued frequently here, but I think this guy is winning this one.


sometimes the A's practically give away seats and hot dogs and beers

i dont mind if they lose

Adrian Yale
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Adrian Yale » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:10 pm

longhornlaw wrote:
Adrian Yale wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
itsalyssa wrote:i called and spoke to admissions today about my waitlist status. ive decide i will be skipping school and driving down from ny to pitt on thursday just to reiterate in person how pitt is my first choice (and for me- basically the only school i want to attend) heres for hoping the seven hour trip will work in my favor.


Wow, now thats assertive. Hopefully it works out, I definitely wouldn't give up hope.


Body paint yourself in Pitt colors with Pitt Law across your chest and/or back.


Bring in a live panther.


Yes.

VTOrange19
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby VTOrange19 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:49 pm

dreakol wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:$6 first row tickets to both games last weekend. Gotta love living in a city with a bad baseball team.

As for the incident, yeah that guy is definitely going to sue, the video was very clear and is all over the news/youtube/etc.. The police department gets sued frequently here, but I think this guy is winning this one.


sometimes the A's practically give away seats and hot dogs and beers

i dont mind if they lose


I want a J.D./M.B.A. - Masters in Baseball Appreciation.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:32 pm

VTOrange19 wrote:
dreakol wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:$6 first row tickets to both games last weekend. Gotta love living in a city with a bad baseball team.

As for the incident, yeah that guy is definitely going to sue, the video was very clear and is all over the news/youtube/etc.. The police department gets sued frequently here, but I think this guy is winning this one.


sometimes the A's practically give away seats and hot dogs and beers

i dont mind if they lose


I want a J.D./M.B.A. - Masters in Baseball Appreciation.

I dont know if Pitt offers that, but if we both attend, ill help schoolz ya.

swan87
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby swan87 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:30 pm

The Pens are playing tonight and you guys are talking about the Buccos? Come on! :)

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:37 pm

swan87 wrote:The Pens are playing tonight and you guys are talking about the Buccos? Come on! :)

Go back to Canada. :)

solarae
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby solarae » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:09 pm

still in review 1/19 =P

I sent a few emails over the past few weeks which were forwarded to my file, so I'm not going to bother them with a LOCI. I don't have much else to say anyway. I have 75% stats, so I have a feeling they liked my app essay which is why I'm still around..

I'm so glad to know the wait will end within the next two days though. Or rather, I hope they would have WL'd me already if they were going to at all.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Has anyone successfully squeezed any more money out of Pitt? Anyone get shut down?

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:21 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Has anyone successfully squeezed any more money out of Pitt? Anyone get shut down?


I tried: and was told that they were out of money. when i got my financial aid package however, there was a bit more( not a whole lot, but enough to solidify my pre exisiting 100% desire to go there). Maybe they make a note of it in your application somewhere

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:25 pm

I havnt gotten my admissions packet yet, but I plan to ask regardless, and am just working strategy.

User avatar
Dr. Review
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 am

longhornlaw wrote:
Adrian Yale wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
itsalyssa wrote:i called and spoke to admissions today about my waitlist status. ive decide i will be skipping school and driving down from ny to pitt on thursday just to reiterate in person how pitt is my first choice (and for me- basically the only school i want to attend) heres for hoping the seven hour trip will work in my favor.


Wow, now thats assertive. Hopefully it works out, I definitely wouldn't give up hope.


Body paint yourself in Pitt colors with Pitt Law across your chest and/or back.


Bring in a live panther.



Unfortunately, they no longer exist.

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby OGR3 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 am



Bedsole killed them all. WITH HIS BARE HANDS!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”