Pittsburgh 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northwood

Platinum

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Post by northwood » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:42 pm

VTOrange19 wrote:I called and got the same "April 15th" response, so I don't know what I will do this weekend if I am not in by Friday. I hope the plane flying around the law building with the banner behind it saying "Accept me... I might consider paying sticker at this point" gets someone's attention. My LOCI just reads "The plane! The plane!"

you could mail them a signed blank check with a note saying fill this out for my first and second seat deposit. Thanks!

itsalyssa

New

Post by itsalyssa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

just received the dreaded waitlist email :cry: devastated doesn't even begin to compare to how i feel right now! pitt is my absolute first choice and i cant seem to get myself excited enough about going anywhere else (as exaggerated as that may sound, its true) i know i wasnt an auto-admit but i knew people who were admitted with similar stats (158, 3.4). I already sent in a LOCI towards the end of march because i was getting worried i hadnt heard back yet- and i dont know what to do next. Does anyone know about Pitt's waitlist process? Will I hear back by may? june? It said via email that each year it ranges from 10-25% of those waitlisted being taken off which doesnt sound very promising. I do have backups, and i am from ny so i plan on going away no matter what and must make plans accordingly in terms of housing and whatnot. does any fellow tlsers have any advice, im completely lost right now. :shock:

Adrian Yale

New

Post by Adrian Yale » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:38 pm

itsalyssa wrote:just received the dreaded waitlist email :cry: devastated doesn't even begin to compare to how i feel right now! pitt is my absolute first choice and i cant seem to get myself excited enough about going anywhere else (as exaggerated as that may sound, its true) i know i wasnt an auto-admit but i knew people who were admitted with similar stats (158, 3.4). I already sent in a LOCI towards the end of march because i was getting worried i hadnt heard back yet- and i dont know what to do next. Does anyone know about Pitt's waitlist process? Will I hear back by may? june? It said via email that each year it ranges from 10-25% of those waitlisted being taken off which doesnt sound very promising. I do have backups, and i am from ny so i plan on going away no matter what and must make plans accordingly in terms of housing and whatnot. does any fellow tlsers have any advice, im completely lost right now. :shock:
Since you pay for cell mins, start using 'em. Hell, I'd call them every other day haha. If you want Pitt more than the others, show it. Good luck!

sizzlechest

New

Post by sizzlechest » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:07 pm

northwood wrote:
Adrian Yale wrote:
itsalyssa wrote:i already sent a LOCI about two weeks ago expressing that they were my first choice school, and if accepted i would attend. do you think its still a good idea to contact them a second time or just wait it out? i dont want to sound too pushy but i reallyyyyyyyyy want Pitt
Call 'em. Or email. Whatevs.

Also, can we get a count on who is going to Pitt?

I'm 98% attending.
allready sent the seat depost. withdrew from the other finalist this morning. So i will be there
Northwood...Congrats on Pitt!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 pm

thanks! now just have to get the apartment lease signed- and then im all set.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Adrian Yale wrote:
itsalyssa wrote:just received the dreaded waitlist email :cry: devastated doesn't even begin to compare to how i feel right now! pitt is my absolute first choice and i cant seem to get myself excited enough about going anywhere else (as exaggerated as that may sound, its true) i know i wasnt an auto-admit but i knew people who were admitted with similar stats (158, 3.4). I already sent in a LOCI towards the end of march because i was getting worried i hadnt heard back yet- and i dont know what to do next. Does anyone know about Pitt's waitlist process? Will I hear back by may? june? It said via email that each year it ranges from 10-25% of those waitlisted being taken off which doesnt sound very promising. I do have backups, and i am from ny so i plan on going away no matter what and must make plans accordingly in terms of housing and whatnot. does any fellow tlsers have any advice, im completely lost right now. :shock:
Since you pay for cell mins, start using 'em. Hell, I'd call them every other day haha. If you want Pitt more than the others, show it. Good luck!
Had a friend who was waitlisted an ND and said she refuses to go to any other school. Called them daily and sent a new LOCI every single week. Ended up admitted.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Ok, sent my LOCI just now. I am not sure it if it will be added to my app package and considered at all since they said they're attempting to make all decisions by Friday and I am still in the "no decision yet" group. In any case, I felt I had to do it because I really want to go there. If I am waitlisted after this, I will definitely be proactive, Barbell. I just hope I can get in this round though.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 pm

I know no one wants to hear this, but a retake goes a long way when you are WL'd.

I mean this sincerely and not as a TLS auto response.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 am

Yes and I will probably enroll at Duquesne and apply as a transfer after a retake if I do get waitlisted or rejected this week. My mother passed away this summer and to put it mildly, having hospice memories circling around in your mind isn't exactly the best LSAT studying scenario. Also, I had HORRIBLE proctors who allowed people to engage in distracting behaviors such as letting them keep their cell phones on silent and they subsequently rang, etc. I told LSAC, but didn't write an official letter (which was required). I felt badly affecting others' employment. Anyway, enough excuses - I got a 159 and I tried for it. I hope I get admitted, but I applied late (January 19th) and there are other factors that may get me dinged. What is meant to be is meant to be.

In any case, I agree with you, bport, they say that a lot of people improve substantially on a retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:36 am

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:
In any case, I agree with you, bport, they say that a lot of people improve substantially on a retake.
I also think that people in the mid to high 150's range are in a prime area for at least some improvement. And when on a WL, a point or two goes a long way.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:47 am

bport hopeful wrote:And when on a WL, a point or two goes a long way.
Don't I know it. But the problem is, according to LSN, Pitt basically decides WL people's fates in June and the next LSAT is in June. Like I said, I will apply as a transfer applicant if I don't make it in.

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 am

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:And when on a WL, a point or two goes a long way.
Don't I know it. But the problem is, according to LSN, Pitt basically decides WL people's fates in June and the next LSAT is in June. Like I said, I will apply as a transfer applicant if I don't make it in.
Planning on transferring is not a good decision. If Pitt is where you want to go and you'd be unhappy graduating from Duquesne, ride the waitlist and/or retake. A retake might be best anyway because then instead of being waitlisted and likely paying sticker if accepted, you could very easily get money with just a slight improvement and sending your application in early this fall. Pitt isn't going anywhere.

solarae

Bronze

Post by solarae » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:20 am

Again, when I went to an open house event a few months ago, they REALLY stressed calling allllll the time and staying in touch if put on the waitlist. They said that when time comes to pull one from the pile, you want them to know your name.

Shiiiiiiit I hope I don't end up on the waitlist. ADMITTT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

voltage88

Bronze

Post by voltage88 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 am

ummmm my status checker went from "in review" to...blank haha hmmm....

nyk4life

New

Post by nyk4life » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

voltage88 wrote:ummmm my status checker went from "in review" to...blank haha hmmm....
+1. So did mine

kroger03

New

Post by kroger03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 am

I know there were talks earlier in this thread of tuition increases, and I was just wondering if they have already been updated on the website. Also, have people been receiving additional scholarships to make up for the higher tuition? Thanks!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

When others were accepted, how long did it take you to get your admissions packet?

I ask because I was accepted Friday, and have deposits due everywhere else this Friday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kroger03

New

Post by kroger03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:41 am

I think I got mine about a week after I got accepted, maybe a little bit less than a week though.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:45 am

I sure do hope so. I really dont want to waste 250 dollars.

b.j.

Bronze

Post by b.j. » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am

solarae wrote:
Again, when I went to an open house event a few months ago, they REALLY stressed calling allllll the time and staying in touch if put on the waitlist. They said that when time comes to pull one from the pile, you want them to know your name.

Shiiiiiiit I hope I don't end up on the waitlist. ADMITTT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I sent a very brief e-mail this morning saying how it was my top choice and how much I wanted to go there.

Actually, that last sentence was pretty much the e-mail. I'd do more and probably will shoot off another e-mail tomorrow if need be, but I don't want to be irritating and/or say something stupid. In some cases, and in this one in particular, is extreme brevity best?

kroger03

New

Post by kroger03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am

bport hopeful wrote:I sure do hope so. I really dont want to waste 250 dollars.
I would just call them and ask how much money they are sending your way. I'm guessing they can give you this information on the phone, but if they give you a hard time just let them know that you have several seat deposits due on Friday and would like to know your Pitt offer before sending any money out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

akak179

New

Post by akak179 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:02 pm

for those whose status has changed to nothing, what was your committee review date?

nyk4life

New

Post by nyk4life » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 pm

akak179 wrote:for those whose status has changed to nothing, what was your committee review date?
3/3

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:01 pm

kroger03 wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:I sure do hope so. I really dont want to waste 250 dollars.
I would just call them and ask how much money they are sending your way. I'm guessing they can give you this information on the phone, but if they give you a hard time just let them know that you have several seat deposits due on Friday and would like to know your Pitt offer before sending any money out.
What is really weird is that they just sent me an email telling me my deposit is due the 15th, but I havent gotten an admissions packet yet.

jigalion

New

Post by jigalion » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 pm

In via status checker, wahoo. Anybody trying to get a cheapish 3-4br in Oakland/Shadyside?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”