Pittsburgh 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 pm

28X stops right outside the law school.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby kk19131 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Im pretty excited to be the random kid walking around at ASD... that hasnt been admitted yet.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Im pretty excited to be the random kid walking around at ASD... that hasnt been admitted yet.


I'm sure no one will know. When is ASD?

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby OGR3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:53 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:Im pretty excited to be the random kid walking around at ASD... that hasnt been admitted yet.


I'm sure no one will know. When is ASD?


Friday.

HOPEFORCHANGE
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Current students, do you know if there is a second ASD or if this is it? I know some schools have a second ASD for people accepted later in the cycle.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 pm

OGR3 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:Im pretty excited to be the random kid walking around at ASD... that hasnt been admitted yet.


I'm sure no one will know. When is ASD?


Friday.


Knowing you you're probably gonna wear a suit to stand out for the 0L's. :mrgreen:

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby OGR3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:29 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:Knowing you you're probably gonna wear a suit to stand out for the 0L's. :mrgreen:


I don't think I'll have any trouble standing out.

To the above question, I believe we only have one ASD, but the admissions staff is really great about scheduling tours and class visits for prospective students.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:55 pm

OGR3 wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Knowing you you're probably gonna wear a suit to stand out for the 0L's. :mrgreen:


I don't think I'll have any trouble standing out.

To the above question, I believe we only have one ASD, but the admissions staff is really great about scheduling tours and class visits for prospective students.



THis: I was only informed of one day- but when i called and told them i couldnt make it- they were super helpful about scheduling a tour with class visit, and time to talk to financial aid and cso. fantastically done pittsburgh!

HOPEFORCHANGE
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Well, I am still hoping to be admitted, but if I am, do any of you who have had a tour think it was helpful? Meaning, I could literally be at Pitt Law in 10 to 20 minutes and I don't mind walking around by myself one nice day and looking around. Is there anything about the tours that make them more useful than walking around by yourself if you're from Pittsburgh?

User avatar
boilerup89
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby boilerup89 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Just withdrew. Hoping my accpetance and scholly goes to a TLSer 8)

itsalyssa
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby itsalyssa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:18 pm

i am not sure if this was was asked by another tlser yet and i apologize in advance if it was but i was curious in how long the wait was for everyone to hear back from Pitt was a decision? Pitt is my top choice and i really dont want to put down a deposit at my runnerup if i dont have to but at the same time i dont want to send some pushy email or call about wanting to hear a decision. i sent my app in around mid- January but didnt go under review until they received my feb. lsat score. do you think ill hear by april 15th?

HOPEFORCHANGE
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Maybe, but probably not. I think they haven't worked much on the 2/17 UR people yet (according to LSN) and some 1/19 UR people are still waiting.

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm

I would just call them daily until they give you a decision. This is right around when deposits are due so a lot of people are withdrawing, but there are also a ton of people who never notify their school they are withdrawing so the school doesnt know till the deadline for the deposit is up.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby mhd08 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:17 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Well, I am still hoping to be admitted, but if I am, do any of you who have had a tour think it was helpful? Meaning, I could literally be at Pitt Law in 10 to 20 minutes and I don't mind walking around by myself one nice day and looking around. Is there anything about the tours that make them more useful than walking around by yourself if you're from Pittsburgh?


I took a tour and I think it would be helpful for you to talk to a student who knows the school and can answer questions for you. There's a lot more to a school than what you would see if you just gave yourself a self-guided tour and only saw the facilities... a tour guide can give you input on classes, where to rent, etc.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 pm

itsalyssa wrote:i am not sure if this was was asked by another tlser yet and i apologize in advance if it was but i was curious in how long the wait was for everyone to hear back from Pitt was a decision? Pitt is my top choice and i really dont want to put down a deposit at my runnerup if i dont have to but at the same time i dont want to send some pushy email or call about wanting to hear a decision. i sent my app in around mid- January but didnt go under review until they received my feb. lsat score. do you think ill hear by april 15th?


GL, but not likely. I still havnt heard anything and I went UR 1/20. My GPA is around their 25th, but my LSAT is well about their 75th, so i wouldnt think it would take too long. Also, I have sent them emails telling them that they are my number one choice and that I have schollys that are going to run out at other schools and that id really like a decision.

HOPEFORCHANGE
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the opinion about the tour.

Barbell - I may call eventually, but for when I applied and my 159, I know I'm not overdue for a decision. I applied 1/20, but my mind is pretty much made up - if I get admitted, money or not, I'm going. They have everything I want in law school. Perhaps it is never smart anymore to pay sticker, but oh well, risk and return I guess.

How much is the 1st and 2nd deposit, by the way?

iambeautiful
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby iambeautiful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Anybody knows how much is their seat deposit and the deadline date? I was accepted back in feb but due lost my letter due to relocating.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby rs2004 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:37 pm

iambeautiful wrote:Anybody knows how much is their seat deposit and the deadline date? I was accepted back in feb but due lost my letter due to relocating.


$200 - april 5 or april 15 if you get an extension.
but wouldn't you want to check the school's website first before relying on anyone on tls?

iambeautiful
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby iambeautiful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 pm

rs2004 wrote:
iambeautiful wrote:Anybody knows how much is their seat deposit and the deadline date? I was accepted back in feb but due lost my letter due to relocating.


$200 - april 5 or april 15 if you get an extension.
but wouldn't you want to check the school's website first before relying on anyone on tls?


Thanks and yes i will be calling tomorrow, the website doesnt say or i couldnt find it.
Last edited by iambeautiful on Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:46 pm

rs the deadline for accepting the seat has always been the 15th.

iambeautiful
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby iambeautiful » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Ok so I went back in my emails and found one from Pitt Law, the deposit for those with scholarship is April 5.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby northwood » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 pm

thats true.

User avatar
rs2004
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby rs2004 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:59 pm

northwood wrote:rs the deadline for accepting the seat has always been the 15th.


my acceptance letter says the deadline is april 5, 2011 for first tuition deposit. then after reading some posts here and seeing some april 15 dates on pitt's website, i emailed meme jeffries about it. she told me that it is april 5 and to inform her of any mentions of an april 15th date to get that corrected. she was nice though and gave me an extension to april 15.

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Postby gokickrocks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:30 pm

rs2004 wrote:
northwood wrote:rs the deadline for accepting the seat has always been the 15th.


my acceptance letter says the deadline is april 5, 2011 for first tuition deposit. then after reading some posts here and seeing some april 15 dates on pitt's website, i emailed meme jeffries about it. she told me that it is april 5 and to inform her of any mentions of an april 15th date to get that corrected. she was nice though and gave me an extension to april 15.


I also e-mailed Meme Jeffries about the differing tuition deposit dates. Since I was never informed about my scholarship initially, she gladly gave me the extension to April 15.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, tinafeyclone and 4 guests