Pittsburgh 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brochocinco

New

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Post by brochocinco » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm thinking December. Especially since snail mail is their only weapon of choice.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39 pm

I got the email today, too. This is my third application to go under review, with only one offering me a decision already.

Mpeterson4

New

Post by Mpeterson4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:53 pm

I will jump in and say I got the Email and am under review.

Trip Coker

New

Post by Trip Coker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 pm

I got the application under review e-mail as well. Plus the Steelers won. It has been a good week.

Mpeterson4

New

Post by Mpeterson4 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Trip Coker wrote:I got the application under review e-mail as well. Plus the Steelers won. It has been a good week.
I was at the game... it made for a very good start to the week

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:02 am

Mpeterson4 wrote:
Trip Coker wrote:I got the application under review e-mail as well. Plus the Steelers won. It has been a good week.

Yayyy <3 <3 I love the Steelers! I was living there back in.... some year when the Steelers went to the superbowl... I was prob in 1st or 2nd grade (graduated HS in 06) so whenever that was hahaha. I have their defense on my fantasy team and Mike Wallace.

Peekay80

New

Post by Peekay80 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:43 am

It was Super Bowl XXX vs the artist formerly known as the Dallas Cowboys. I was a sophomore in high school. Thanks for making me feel old Barbie, haha.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:37 am

Barbie wrote:
Mpeterson4 wrote:

Yayyy <3 <3 I love the Steelers! I was living there back in.... some year when the Steelers went to the superbowl... I was prob in 1st or 2nd grade (graduated HS in 06) so whenever that was hahaha. I have their defense on my fantasy team and Mike Wallace.
I have Mike Wallace, too. Solid pick up. I wasn't expecting such good numbers out of him.

Trip Coker

New

Post by Trip Coker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:20 am

FACT: Any discussion that takes place about Pittsburgh will eventually progress into a conversation about the Steelers and how awesome we are. I hope any outsiders who applied are ready for this. We are the town with the great football team.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mpeterson4

New

Post by Mpeterson4 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 am

Trip Coker wrote:FACT: Any discussion that takes place about Pittsburgh will eventually progress into a conversation about the Steelers and how awesome we are. I hope any outsiders who applied are ready for this. We are the town with the great football team.
+1

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Trip Coker wrote:FACT: Any discussion that takes place about Pittsburgh will eventually progress into a conversation about the Steelers and how awesome we are. I hope any outsiders who applied are ready for this. We are the town with the great football team.
I'm all about them Penguins too, be ready :)

Trip Coker

New

Post by Trip Coker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Barbie wrote:
In that case you'll do just fine. The women in Pittsburgh are as rabid as the men when it comes to sports. I can hardly wait to get back and check out the new arena. When can we expect these acceptance letters again???

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Barbie wrote:
Pro Tip: If you're coming to Pitt from out of state, wear a Pens or Steelers jersey in the first week. You'll fit right in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm

OGR3 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Pro Tip: If you're coming to Pitt from out of state, wear a Pens or Steelers jersey in the first week. You'll fit right in.
Wear a Cowboys Jersey and expect certain death (then again that goes for most anywhere outside Dallas).

Peekay80

New

Post by Peekay80 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 pm

With each comment, Pitt is growing in my heart! I hope they feel the same.

Mpeterson4

New

Post by Mpeterson4 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Everyday in Kentucky I miss Pittsburgh sports more and more... I'm surrounded by Bengal's fans (I'm an hour south of Cincy) and there is NOOOO hockey.

Trip Coker

New

Post by Trip Coker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Peekay80 wrote:With each comment, Pitt is growing in my heart! I hope they feel the same.
It really is an amazing town. I was fortunate enough to get to see the Monday Night game on the Armed Forces Network a few days ago. By the end of the game as the Steelers fought to hold onto the victory I could feel my heart race and my hands were literally shaking. I had forgotten how much I cared. I love Pittsburgh.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mpeterson4

New

Post by Mpeterson4 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Trip Coker wrote:
Peekay80 wrote:With each comment, Pitt is growing in my heart! I hope they feel the same.
It really is an amazing town. I was fortunate enough to get to see the Monday Night game on the Armed Forces Network a few days ago. By the end of the game as the Steelers fought to hold onto the victory I could feel my heart race and my hands were literally shaking. I had forgotten how much I cared. I love Pittsburgh.
Some people try to say "It's just sports/ It's only a game"... they obviously did not grow up in Pittsburgh and will never understand.. It always amazes me when I see the dedication to the city's team (such as monday night seeing literally about a quarter of Paul Brown Stadium filled with Steelers fans) and how much it brings different people together

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
OGR3 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Wear a Cowboys Jersey and expect certain death (then again that goes for most anywhere outside Dallas).
I know a guy who actually has the guts to wear his Ravens jersey.

Trip Coker

New

Post by Trip Coker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 pm

It is a special place. If you come to Pitt you will learn "its a 'Burgh thing". It feels like I'm writing copy for the admissions office. Oh and that guy who wears a Ravens jersey is nuts. The Browns are just pathetic at this point but the Ravens are public enemy #1.

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:36 pm

You're not scared that you won't be able to find a job... graduating from Pitt?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:15 pm

kk19131 wrote:You're not scared that you won't be able to find a job... graduating from Pitt?
Not since I can properly use "yinzer" in a sentence.

Trip Coker

New

Post by Trip Coker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:48 pm

kk19131 wrote:You're not scared that you won't be able to find a job... graduating from Pitt?
Nope. If you want to practice law in Pittsburgh then Pitt really is a great school. Obviously the degree doesn't have national mobility but that doesn't really matter to me. I have spent the last 4 years in the military away from my hometown and I can only speak for myself but I would be happy if I never had to leave Pittsburgh again. We are the City of Champions.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Well, I am one of the few it seems that did not get the under review email...although I was told when I went to visit that they are holding ED applications so it is likely that non ED'ers will get notifications before us ED applicants.

Anyways, I got an acceptance from Penn State today, so that was pretty good.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Trip Coker wrote:
Nope. If you want to practice law in Pittsburgh then Pitt really is a great school. Obviously the degree doesn't have national mobility but that doesn't really matter to me. I have spent the last 4 years in the military away from my hometown and I can only speak for myself but I would be happy if I never had to leave Pittsburgh again. We are the City of Champions.
Yes it is.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”