Pittsburgh 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gin

Bronze

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Post by gin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:52 pm

kartal wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:You have your sections for the entire year, and your writing class will stay the same. Obviously other 4 classes are new for everyone in yor section next semester, but you're all going to be in the same classes all year.
There is also a makeup session in the schedule? What does that mean?
If a prof cancels a class for some reason, that's when we would have the make up class. I hope that means we get to see our profs battle it out if we have a very snowy winter

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Speaking of the GradPlus Loan, when are they releasing the new tuition rates? They said in their e-mail that they won't process GradPlus until 7-10 days after they release the new tuition rates. I thought they said it was at the end of July when they were releasing the new tuition rates, so what does that mean? We have to wait 2 to 3 weeks before class starts to know if we can attend and stress and waste the whole entire summer worrying?

Sorry, but I mean, could they possibly stretch out the wait any longer?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:00 pm

balzern wrote:Anyone thinking about doing the Mellon Program? Has anyone done this program already and can talk about the experience?
i got the email as well. is it worth the time??

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:42 pm

northwood wrote:
balzern wrote:Anyone thinking about doing the Mellon Program? Has anyone done this program already and can talk about the experience?
i got the email as well. is it worth the time??
I didn't go last year but I heard it was a waste of time.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:13 pm

I also got the e-mail and i may go just to meet people or see if I can learn just one thing from it

So, anyway, as a follow-up to my earlier rant, Pitt said they will probably get the new tuition rates on July 20th. So that's not too horrible. The earlier I know my GradPlus fate, the better though

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:14 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:I also got the e-mail and i may go just to meet people or see if I can learn just one thing from it

So, anyway, as a follow-up to my earlier rant, Pitt said they will probably get the new tuition rates on July 20th. So that's not too horrible. The earlier I know my GradPlus fate, the better though
Yeah, it makes looking for a place to live kind of scary since you dont know exactly whats in your price range.

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:I also got the e-mail and i may go just to meet people or see if I can learn just one thing from it

Yeah, it makes looking for a place to live kind of scary since you dont know exactly whats in your price range.
I thought that we were getting exactly what teh estimated COA is so regardless of what tuition is, scholly/loans should cover everything. So after tuition is factored out we should end up with the same amount regardless (I think it's around $17k). I might be completely wrong though

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:22 pm

gin wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

I thought that we were getting exactly what teh estimated COA is so regardless of what tuition is, scholly/loans should cover everything. So after tuition is factored out we should end up with the same amount regardless (I think it's around $17k). I might be completely wrong though
This might be true, but I believe the stafford amounts are set, so the tuition rates effect what you could be left with.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm

kartal wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:You have your sections for the entire year, and your writing class will stay the same. Obviously other 4 classes are new for everyone in yor section next semester, but you're all going to be in the same classes all year.
There is also a makeup session in the schedule? What does that mean?
It means that if a prof cancels class and wants to have a makeup (they dont have to), it is predetermined that the makeup class slot for that class is during that time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

balzern

Bronze

Post by balzern » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 pm

8.5% increase hmmm cool.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

So I did all of my financial aid paperwork months ago, including MPNs and entrance counseling. On my PeopleSoft it says under the financial aid awards portion of the site that I have Stafford and GradPlus with x amount of dollars and they were both offered and accepted. Does this mean that I was approved for GradPlus? Or is this some sort of preliminary pending status? I'd call the Fin Aid office and ask them, but I am pretty sure they won't answer because everyone is calling them.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 am

I just received an e-mail about my GradPlus loan, and I already received mail about my Stafford loans. If you don't get an e-mail in the next day or two I would call.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Anyone plan on going to the uncorked reception?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4#p4598354

just in case you guys are going to be around

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I know this was asked already but I'm not sure if it was answered. Where can I find my peoplesoft ID?

swan87

New

Post by swan87 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:26 am

gin wrote:I know this was asked already but I'm not sure if it was answered. Where can I find my peoplesoft ID?
Go to my.pitt.edu -> Peoplesoft Login -> Self Service -> Campus Personal Information -> Demographic Information and your peoplesoft ID should be right at the top.

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:20 pm

cool thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nanosoft

New

Post by Nanosoft » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Anyone else going to need a mad rush on August 19th?

Wish they could have given out the financial aid earlier...just another week would have been fine.

I'm going to need a new computer, books, and other misc things, and I'm going to have 10 days to get them... :(

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 am

Nanosoft wrote:Anyone else going to need a mad rush on August 19th?

Wish they could have given out the financial aid earlier...just another week would have been fine.

I'm going to need a new computer, books, and other misc things, and I'm going to have 10 days to get them... :(
Yeah, I am in this boat.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Just deleted my old facebook and made a more proffesional one and joined the FB page, though I havent been accepted into it yet.

Gin, I tried to look you up, but couldnt find you.

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:33 am

PM'ed you bport. If they adcoms haven't added you by then I'm sure I can

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 pm

did you guys buy books already?

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Nah. I'm waiting until I actually move there so I won't have to carry any more stuff. I'll probably buy them 1 week or 2 before classes start

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

dont see the point of packing and unpacking books. I checked them out and compared the prices on amazon- and the estimated retail price ( on the textbook summary) for the books ( assuming they are on sale in the bookstore) is negiglible with amazon.

Ill keep checking though

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

northwood wrote:dont see the point of packing and unpacking books. I checked them out and compared the prices on amazon- and the estimated retail price ( on the textbook summary) for the books ( assuming they are on sale in the bookstore) is negiglible with amazon.

Ill keep checking though
I was going to do this tonight. Thanks for saving me the leg work. Id rather buy them from the bookstore so I dont have to wait for them. But if I could save any real money, id have a hard time not buying them online.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”