Pittsburgh 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gemini

Gold

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Post by Gemini » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 am

The last group of people to be accepted were people UR in November. So hold off another month before everyone starts panicking, okay?

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:30 am

brochocinco wrote:Just got my letter in the mail and looks like there will be zero financial aid coming my way. Not surprising with a 158 but I was hoping for just a little.
Also got my letter today with no money. Not completely surprised though given my crappy GPA. At least the silver clip thing was different :roll:

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 am

gokickrocks wrote:
brochocinco wrote:Just got my letter in the mail and looks like there will be zero financial aid coming my way. Not surprising with a 158 but I was hoping for just a little.
Also got my letter today with no money. Not completely surprised though given my crappy GPA. At least the silver clip thing was different :roll:

Would you still consider going to Pitt?

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:07 am

Seriously, everybody who didn't get financial aid initially should contact the financial aid office. I went from $0 to over $10,000 per year with just a few emails.

Peekay80

New

Post by Peekay80 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 am

Got the snail mail letter yesterday as well with Money Clip. No Aid either, but I wouldn't need it anyways, going to use GI Bill with Yellow Ribbon Program. Pitt has one of the best support systems regarding this. I'm really only one or two decisions away from sending in my seat deposit, and they are reaches too, so looks like this could be it for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lwf911

New

Post by lwf911 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:29 am

Is anyone here not even complete yet? I've been at application received since 11/14..no responses to 2 e-mails.

rs2004

Silver

Post by rs2004 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:33 am

lwf911 wrote:Is anyone here not even complete yet? I've been at application received since 11/14..no responses to 2 e-mails.
me too application received 12/16/10

brochocinco

New

Post by brochocinco » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:17 pm

OGR3 wrote:Seriously, everybody who didn't get financial aid initially should contact the financial aid office. I went from $0 to over $10,000 per year with just a few emails.
Wow, I'm definitely going to do that then. Any specific strategy you used?

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:46 pm

brochocinco wrote:
OGR3 wrote:Seriously, everybody who didn't get financial aid initially should contact the financial aid office. I went from $0 to over $10,000 per year with just a few emails.
Wow, I'm definitely going to do that then. Any specific strategy you used?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 22&t=79373

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gokickrocks

Bronze

Post by gokickrocks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 pm

kk19131 wrote:
gokickrocks wrote:

Yeah, even with no money I'd consider Pitt. Given I'm able to establish residency in PA after the first year, I think it would cost me the same amount of $$$ compared to going to most of the private schools I got into with $$$.

Plus, as much as I love it here in California, I think I need a change of scenery for the next few years in life. If I can get some money from Pitt and get residency after a year, I'd strongly consider it.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:38 pm

lwf911 wrote:Is anyone here not even complete yet? I've been at application received since 11/14..no responses to 2 e-mails.
+1 here too.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Albatross wrote:
+1 here too.
I would probably email them about that.

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Man, I've received responses from almost all of my schools at this point, and am really happy about the acceptances and schollies I have so far. Of course, I'm still waiting on some schools to even get to a review of my app.

Looking at you here, Pitt. o_O

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 pm

gokickrocks wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
gokickrocks wrote:

Yeah, even with no money I'd consider Pitt. Given I'm able to establish residency in PA after the first year, I think it would cost me the same amount of $$$ compared to going to most of the private schools I got into with $$$.

Plus, as much as I love it here in California, I think I need a change of scenery for the next few years in life. If I can get some money from Pitt and get residency after a year, I'd strongly consider it.
Are you familiar with Pittsburgh? If not, I would strongly suggest visiting here a few days before/after the ASW. I love the Burgh, but it's definitely not for everybody. A Pitt degree is very regional. Make sure you like Western PA before committing.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:16 pm

HeavenWood wrote: Are you familiar with Pittsburgh? If not, I would strongly suggest visiting here a few days before/after the ASW. I love the Burgh, but it's definitely not for everybody. A Pitt degree is very regional. Make sure you like Western PA before committing.
You can break out of the Pittsburgh area though if you work hard enough.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote: Are you familiar with Pittsburgh? If not, I would strongly suggest visiting here a few days before/after the ASW. I love the Burgh, but it's definitely not for everybody. A Pitt degree is very regional. Make sure you like Western PA before committing.
After landing that first job, sure, but barring strong ties to another region, a Pitt degree will keep you firmly planted in the Western half of the state for said job.

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:20 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
After landing that first job, sure, but barring strong ties to another region, a Pitt degree will keep you firmly planted in the Western half of the state for said job.

I do not disagree with that in general.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kehoema2

Bronze

Post by kehoema2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Damn assuming I don't get yield protected, I can't wait to get my money clip!

HeavenWood

Gold

Re:

Post by HeavenWood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:25 pm

kehoema2 wrote:Damn assuming I don't get yield protected, I can't wait to get my money clip!
Pitt doesn't YP; you should be golden.

Spinozist21

Silver

Re: Re:

Post by Spinozist21 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
kehoema2 wrote:Damn assuming I don't get yield protected, I can't wait to get my money clip!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the money clip thing is pretty funny.

kehoema2

Bronze

Post by kehoema2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:27 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Good news to me, looks like its a waiting game. Also, due to some other acceptances, I will not be attending Pitt. At least if I get accepted or any money, it will be going to someone else and I'll make off with the clip.

Good luck to everyone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:28 pm

kehoema2 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Good news to me, looks like its a waiting game. Also, due to some other acceptances, I will not be attending Pitt. At least if I get accepted or any money, it will be going to someone else and I'll make off with the clip.

Good luck to everyone.
Where have you gotten in?

kehoema2

Bronze

Post by kehoema2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm

IU-B with $$$, BC, Wisconsin, Iowa

fundamentallybroken

Silver

Post by fundamentallybroken » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the money clip thing is pretty funny.
Exactly - I want a money clip too!

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:46 pm

kehoema2 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Good luck to everyone.
I would humbly request that you just withdraw your application. Based on the fervor of some in this thread, it would mean a lot to them. I'm a 1L, so it doesn't really affect me, but it could weigh in on how quickly someone else gets accepted.

Also, you're not going to get any money out of the schools you listed if you present a Pitt scholarship. Pitt tends to spread the love with lots of scholarships under $15,000. Once again, I would imagine that money would be greatly appreciated by others in this thread.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”