Pittsburgh 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Adrian Yale

New

Re: Pittsburgh 2011

Post by Adrian Yale » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:12 pm

drs36 wrote:In as of yesterday!
Congrats!

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Adrian Yale wrote:
drs36 wrote:In as of yesterday!
Congrats!

Adrian Yale

New

Post by Adrian Yale » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Jigalion and I are looking for a 3-4, hell maybe even 5 bdr house (we'd prefer a house but would also go for an apartment). Doing so would save a lot of cash and prevent us from becoming hermits. So if anyone is interested, let one of us know. Both of us can get to the 'Burgh asap to meet up/get drinks/find a place.

solarae

Bronze

Post by solarae » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:30 pm

finally in! now have to decide :) congrats to everyone.

Adrian Yale

New

Post by Adrian Yale » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm

solarae wrote:finally in! now have to decide :) congrats to everyone.
Congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Congrats everyone (especially Solarae, my app buddy; I also was admitted yesterday)! I hope to see you all in the fall!

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:27 pm

solarae wrote:
HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Thanks northwood!
aw, finally! congrats to you!
Sorry, Solarae, now I see your congrats. Thanks!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Meme emailed me saying that I would be reconsidered for scholarship. May need a little luck on this one.

gin

Bronze

Post by gin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 pm

seat deposit is on its way

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Congrats to all of those who have been recently admitted! If any of you are in the area and would like to grab a drink/coffee/whatever to talk about top-law-schools.com, Pittsburgh, etc., I wouldn't mind taking a break from studying. Hell, maybe I can convince some of the other TLS 1Ls to come out with me and do our own TLS admitted students day haha.

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:45 pm

mhd08 wrote:Congrats to all of those who have been recently admitted! If any of you are in the area and would like to grab a drink/coffee/whatever to talk about top-law-schools.com, Pittsburgh, etc., I wouldn't mind taking a break from studying. Hell, maybe I can convince some of the other TLS 1Ls to come out with me and do our own TLS admitted students day haha.
Just don't invite Bedsole, he'll make them run far far away.

Nanosoft

New

Post by Nanosoft » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Does anyone know what a responsible date to get an apartment is, if I'm looking to gain residency for next year? I really want to go for it and already have a Pitt voters card. Am I already too late if I get an apartment now or am I way too early?

Also, are there any realtors/apartments that I should be avoiding?

I'm personally going for a single, which makes everything more expensive and more of a hassle to be honest. But once I have the place I know I'll enjoy the serenity.

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Nanosoft wrote:Does anyone know what a responsible date to get an apartment is, if I'm looking to gain residency for next year? I really want to go for it and already have a Pitt voters card. Am I already too late if I get an apartment now or am I way too early?

I'm personally going for a single, which makes everything more expensive and more of a hassle to be honest. But once I have the place I know I'll enjoy the serenity.
If you're looking for residency, the earlier the better. Though if you already are registered to vote, I doubt the apartment would have that much of an effect. How long have you lived in PA?

Stay away from Mozart Property Management.

I don't know who he rents from, but I do like Bedsole's building. It's clean and quiet and his one bedroom is a good size, I'd suggest asking him who manages his building.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nanosoft

New

Post by Nanosoft » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:30 pm

OGR3 wrote:
Nanosoft wrote:Does anyone know what a responsible date to get an apartment is, if I'm looking to gain residency for next year? I really want to go for it and already have a Pitt voters card. Am I already too late if I get an apartment now or am I way too early?

If you're looking for residency, the earlier the better. Though if you already are registered to vote, I doubt the apartment would have that much of an effect. How long have you lived in PA?

Stay away from Mozart Property Management.

I don't know who he rents from, but I do like Bedsole's building. It's clean and quiet and his one bedroom is a good size, I'd suggest asking him who manages his building.
I actually am not living in PA at the moment, and am in fact enrolled as an out of state student.

I was a Pitt Undergrad and I got my voters registration card in 2008. I plan on getting a PA license, and doing everything else that would help me get in state tuition. I would at least like to take advantage of it in my third year but would hope to have it by my second year.

Mozart Management is bad? Dear lord, I've been browsing them for the last hour..... :? They seem very organized on their website....what's the catch?

Edit : Oh and thanks for the help friend. I'll send bedsole a PM and see what I can find.

OGR3

Silver

Post by OGR3 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Are you from PA originally or did you just go to undergrad here?

How long have you been out of the state?

An organized website =/= good property management or nice people.

Nanosoft

New

Post by Nanosoft » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:08 pm

OGR3 wrote:Are you from PA originally or did you just go to undergrad here?

How long have you been out of the state?

An organized website =/= good property management or nice people.
You're right, I probably shouldn't be so enamored by the ease of use.

I have sent you a PM to explain my situation a bit better, as to protect my privacy a tad.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:16 am

mhd08 wrote:Congrats to all of those who have been recently admitted! If any of you are in the area and would like to grab a drink/coffee/whatever to talk about top-law-schools.com, Pittsburgh, etc., I wouldn't mind taking a break from studying. Hell, maybe I can convince some of the other TLS 1Ls to come out with me and do our own TLS admitted students day haha.
mhd08 - I would like to meet you and the others, but at the moment my full-time job is understaffed and my part-time job with the attorney has several hearings coming up soon. Are you going to be in Pgh during the summer?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

VTOrange19

New

Post by VTOrange19 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Just so I stop checking every few hours - for those admitted, when during the day did your admissions status change?

I am still waiting and starting to entertain the idea of heavy alcohol abuse until I find out.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:
mhd08 - I would like to meet you and the others, but at the moment my full-time job is understaffed and my part-time job with the attorney has several hearings coming up soon. Are you going to be in Pgh during the summer?
I will not be here in Pittsburgh over the summer, I'm working in NJ. However, I will be here after finals until May 20th. I'd be happy to meet anytime between my last final (May 10) and when I leave on the 20th. Otherwise, I won't be around and I can't really speak for the other 1Ls on here.

VTOrange19

New

Post by VTOrange19 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Dinged just a second ago via email. Absolutely shocked and speechless.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:05 pm

VTOrange19 wrote:Dinged just a second ago via email. Absolutely shocked and speechless.
Dammit, I was rooting for ya'. Sorry to hear.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

akak179

New

Post by akak179 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

in this afternoon via status checker...curiously no email though

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:32 pm

OGR3 wrote:
Just don't invite Bedsole, he'll make them run far far away.
THIS should be your response to going to law school.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 am

Sorry VT, congrats Akak. No e-mail comes. Just snail mail letter.

I received my admit letter on Saturday since I am in Pittsburgh. I will be taking my deposit up to the admissions office tomorrow.

mhd - I might be able to meet in the beginning of May. Let's see how crazy it is until then. Good luck on your internship if I don't meet you before then!

HOPEFORCHANGE

Bronze

Post by HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 am

Also, I had some PMs from a few people on here and attempted to respond...not sure if they went through. If they're still in my outbox and not the sent folder later, I will resend again.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”