Tennessee 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

kaimccau wrote:I just got my app in last week. I really wish I would have sent it earlier. I had it ready before it was available but I waited on a letter from my boss. I should have just gone with my other LORs. Now I wait while others have already been accepted... DAMN.


I wouldn't worry too much hah. You're #s have you pretty much auto-admit.

User avatar
kaimccau
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby kaimccau » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Barbie wrote:
kaimccau wrote:I just got my app in last week. I really wish I would have sent it earlier. I had it ready before it was available but I waited on a letter from my boss. I should have just gone with my other LORs. Now I wait while others have already been accepted... DAMN.


I wouldn't worry too much hah. You're #s have you pretty much auto-admit.


I know but I still hate the wait. I'm basically in location limbo. I'm ready to move out of my parents house, I just need to know where I'm going.

User avatar
jatuab
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby jatuab » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:57 pm

As a 3L at UTCoL, it's good to see a number of you looking at my school! UTCoL is a very friendly and collegial environment, and Knoxville is a great city to spend a few years in. Our employment and bar passage numbers have always been great, we have some of the best faculty and clinic programs in the country, and you won't have to borrow $150,000 just to attend.

I doubt that I'll ever meet any of you, but I can say that I've really enjoyed my time at UT. I don't think that any of you will be disappointed.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby charlesxavier » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:41 pm

jatuab wrote:As a 3L at UTCoL, it's good to see a number of you looking at my school! UTCoL is a very friendly and collegial environment, and Knoxville is a great city to spend a few years in. Our employment and bar passage numbers have always been great, we have some of the best faculty and clinic programs in the country, and you won't have to borrow $150,000 just to attend.

I doubt that I'll ever meet any of you, but I can say that I've really enjoyed my time at UT. I don't think that any of you will be disappointed.


I'm seriously considering UT particularly because of the low tuition (if my wife finds a job quickly I can qualify for instate tuition pretty early). The lower debt load makes it seem like a lot less of a gamble. I know a lot of people have said that because of the economy they wish they wouldn't have gone to law school. Are you glad you chose to go to law school and UT?

User avatar
jatuab
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby jatuab » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 am

charlesxavier wrote:
jatuab wrote:As a 3L at UTCoL, it's good to see a number of you looking at my school! UTCoL is a very friendly and collegial environment, and Knoxville is a great city to spend a few years in. Our employment and bar passage numbers have always been great, we have some of the best faculty and clinic programs in the country, and you won't have to borrow $150,000 just to attend.

I doubt that I'll ever meet any of you, but I can say that I've really enjoyed my time at UT. I don't think that any of you will be disappointed.


I'm seriously considering UT particularly because of the low tuition (if my wife finds a job quickly I can qualify for instate tuition pretty early). The lower debt load makes it seem like a lot less of a gamble. I know a lot of people have said that because of the economy they wish they wouldn't have gone to law school. Are you glad you chose to go to law school and UT?


Law school has been my main focus since halfway through undergrad, so I chose to go to law school despite some of the then-early signs of danger. If you don't really want to be a lawyer, there might be better options out there for now, but you're still deferring your job search by three years, which MIGHT be enough time to capitalize on a rebound (if there is one). If being a lawyer seems like something you want to do, though, UT is a great place for it. I am satisfied with my decision.

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Thunder Jones » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am

jatuab wrote:As a 3L at UTCoL, it's good to see a number of you looking at my school! UTCoL is a very friendly and collegial environment, and Knoxville is a great city to spend a few years in. Our employment and bar passage numbers have always been great, we have some of the best faculty and clinic programs in the country, and you won't have to borrow $150,000 just to attend.

I doubt that I'll ever meet any of you, but I can say that I've really enjoyed my time at UT. I don't think that any of you will be disappointed.


What are job prospects looking like for the 3Ls? How difficult was it for you to find summer work? I eventually want to be in Nashville, so UT is an ideal fit for me as TN resident. Also, what's the political temperment of the law school? From a quick glace at recent speakers and faculty, it seems like it is fairly conservative...

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby TreeHugger20 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:31 am

My status checker changed to yesterday's date! A good sign, I hope! I went complete on November 3rd. Stats are 159 & 3.79. I'm also in-state and alumna of UT.

Anybody else had status checker changes?

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Thunder Jones » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am

TreeHugger20 wrote:My status checker changed to yesterday's date! A good sign, I hope! I went complete on November 3rd. Stats are 159 & 3.79. I'm also in-state and alumna of UT.

Anybody else had status checker changes?


Mine changed too.

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby TreeHugger20 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:08 am

Thunder Jones wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:My status checker changed to yesterday's date! A good sign, I hope! I went complete on November 3rd. Stats are 159 & 3.79. I'm also in-state and alumna of UT.

Anybody else had status checker changes?


Mine changed too.


Surely it's too early to waitlist or deny us... hopefully we'll hear from them today. :) Good luck!

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby bergg007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 pm

just got the status checker. says i'm under review. hopefully i'll hear something soon!

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Thunder Jones » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Just got a call. In. 161/3.45

zrcm18
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby zrcm18 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Thunder Jones wrote:Just got a call. In. 161/3.45


How long were you in review?

User avatar
Thunder Jones
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Thunder Jones » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm

zrcm18 wrote:
Thunder Jones wrote:Just got a call. In. 161/3.45


How long were you in review?


2 weeks? I reactivated my admission from last year; I was waitlisted with 160/3.45

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Thunder Jones wrote:
zrcm18 wrote:
Thunder Jones wrote:Just got a call. In. 161/3.45


How long were you in review?


2 weeks? I reactivated my admission from last year; I was waitlisted with 160/3.45


dedication=autoadmit :D

User avatar
Fred_McGriff
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Fred_McGriff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Still heard nothing. Congrats all!

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby bergg007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:57 pm

every time the phone rings i freak out and then die a little inside when it a telemarketer. I don't know why I just feel like my decision is coming soon. My GPA is low and my LSAT is well above the median, so who knows when it'll come.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:59 pm

bergg007 wrote:every time the phone rings i freak out and then die a little inside when it a telemarketer. I don't know why I just feel like my decision is coming soon. My GPA is low and my LSAT is well above the median, so who knows when it'll come.



If its above 3.0 you should be fine. I have a 3.3 and I think a tad above 75th % LSAT and heard in sept.

User avatar
bergg007
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby bergg007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Barbie wrote:
bergg007 wrote:every time the phone rings i freak out and then die a little inside when it a telemarketer. I don't know why I just feel like my decision is coming soon. My GPA is low and my LSAT is well above the median, so who knows when it'll come.



If its above 3.0 you should be fine. I have a 3.3 and I think a tad above 75th % LSAT and heard in sept.



2.89 I really effed up some classes early on. But I have a 167 lsat. I am pretty sure i'll get in. i have a strong trend, but I am dying to get my first call, just so I know i'm in somewhere.

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby TreeHugger20 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Barbie wrote:
Thunder Jones wrote:
zrcm18 wrote:
Thunder Jones wrote:Just got a call. In. 161/3.45


How long were you in review?


2 weeks? I reactivated my admission from last year; I was waitlisted with 160/3.45


dedication=autoadmit :D


I got the call around noon! :D I was also waitlisted last year, so dedication clearly is important! Congrats to all who get in!

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby TreeHugger20 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Hang in there, everybody who is still waiting. It's really early in the year and there's no reason to be worried at this point.

User avatar
kaimccau
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby kaimccau » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Got the call today! I guess the wait wasn't so bad afterall.... AWESOME.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:53 pm

We need a facebook group! hahah (FSU has one...)

User avatar
TreeHugger20
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby TreeHugger20 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Barbie wrote:We need a facebook group! hahah (FSU has one...)


Ooooh good idea!

User avatar
ZachOda
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby ZachOda » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 pm

TreeHugger20 wrote:
Barbie wrote:We need a facebook group! hahah (FSU has one...)


Ooooh good idea!


Let's get on that. Barbie, you want to set this up?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 pm

ZachOda wrote:
TreeHugger20 wrote:
Barbie wrote:We need a facebook group! hahah (FSU has one...)


Ooooh good idea!


Let's get on that. Barbie, you want to set this up?


No, no. You go ahead :D I will gladly join though :D :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, ad34964n, addie1412, BrittanyJeream, cd1945, crookedsmile, Earlskies, Google [Bot], jjcorvino, lillawyer2, mccracal, mm2368, xn3345, yuppitsme and 57 guests