Tennessee 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Re: Tennessee 2011

Postby Barbie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Just got the call <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Excited!

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Barbie wrote:Just got the call <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Excited!

Congrats! Did you (or anyone else) get the email a week or so ago about Vol Visit? Initially I planned to go but I figured I would wait until I heard back from more schools so I could eliminate schools from my list and/or visit a few schools during the same trip.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 pm

charlesxavier wrote:

Congrats! Did you (or anyone else) get the email a week or so ago about Vol Visit? Initially I planned to go but I figured I would wait until I heard back from more schools so I could eliminate schools from my list and/or visit a few schools during the same trip.

Yeah the lady told me about it during the phone call. I thought she said it was for admitted students so if you got the email....
Anyways, I think I'm going to try to go! I've never been to Knoxville and it seems like a good idea! Anyone else?

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Barbie wrote:Yeah the lady told me about it during the phone call. I thought she said it was for admitted students so if you got the email....
Anyways, I think I'm going to try to go! I've never been to Knoxville and it seems like a good idea! Anyone else?

Oh, well I already knew I was admitted but the email said it was for admitted students and those considering Tennessee. I don't want to spend the money to go up just yet because within the next month and a half I should hear back from most/all of my other schools and it could quickly turn into wasted money if I get into one of my top choices. Also, I was up in Knoxville earlier this month checking it out with my wife. Seems like a great place.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Oh okay, I haven't gotten the email yet but I am really interested in Tennessee and want to get a feel for the town.

Jgriff31

Postby Jgriff31 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Got the call today also. I will be there November 12 because I am only a 5 minute walk from the building. Let me know if you have any questions about the area or anything else.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Jgriff31 wrote:Got the call today also. I will be there November 12 because I am only a 5 minute walk from the building. Let me know if you have any questions about the area or anything else.

I'm PMing you :)

j88

Postby j88 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Congrats!! Did your status checker change before? I wasn't sure if it would change from review to anything before getting a decision.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:01 pm

j88 wrote:

Congrats!! Did your status checker change before? I wasn't sure if it would change from review to anything before getting a decision.

Nope my sc still says under review, and thanks :)

WhydidntItry

Postby WhydidntItry » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:06 am

Congrats to those who got the call (jealous tho). So your status checkers didn't change? Did you get an email letting you know that you were admitted? ((I only ask because I am out of the country and cannot receive phone calls and this is my top choice))

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 am

WhydidntItry wrote:Congrats to those who got the call (jealous tho). So your status checkers didn't change? Did you get an email letting you know that you were admitted? ((I only ask because I am out of the country and cannot receive phone calls and this is my top choice))

Actually, its quite strange. My status checker still says "in review" but it was updated to today's date... hmmm...! But she said the package is in the mail, so I guess that is how you will find out (assuming you have someone checking your mail!)

Fred_McGriff

Postby Fred_McGriff » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 am

No call, ouch.

Status checker is the same. Looked on LSN, it looks like some people who applied a day or two after me heard back.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Fred_McGriff wrote:No call, ouch.

Status checker is the same. Looked on LSN, it looks like some people who applied a day or two after me heard back.

Don't rely on LSN too much. I change dates on mine (not a lot, by a week or so) just for confidentiality.

LSAT Taker

Postby LSAT Taker » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Fred_McGriff wrote:No call, ouch.

1. Same here. It sucks. :cry:
2. Congrats, Barbie! I'm jealous. :wink:

ZachOda

Postby ZachOda » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:48 pm

got the call today too! First acceptance, unbelievably excited!

groberts

Postby groberts » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Wonder why the $$ offers lag so far behind the acceptances. I was there last week and the admissions lady told me it's a total crapshoot as to when your app gets reviewed--it just depend on the committee's schedule.

Knoxville is a great little city. Lived here five years and love it.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 pm

groberts wrote:Wonder why the $$ offers lag so far behind the acceptances. I was there last week and the admissions lady told me it's a total crapshoot as to when your app gets reviewed--it just depend on the committee's schedule.

You mean its going to take a long time to find out if we are going to be offered a scholarship?

WhydidntItry

Postby WhydidntItry » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 am

if you've been accepted and u know your not going to go - withdraw so that us other early applicants that have not-so-stellar-stats have a better chance. haha

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:32 am

WhydidntItry wrote:if you've been accepted and u know your not going to go - withdraw so that us other early applicants that have not-so-stellar-stats have a better chance. haha

+1

groberts

Postby groberts » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 am

Barbie wrote:
groberts wrote:Wonder why the $$ offers lag so far behind the acceptances. I was there last week and the admissions lady told me it's a total crapshoot as to when your app gets reviewed--it just depend on the committee's schedule.

You mean its going to take a long time to find out if we are going to be offered a scholarship?

Someone on the first page of this thread said it's a few months. When I met with the admissions person, she was extremely vague when I tried to get scholarship info. She told me to look at the website (I had, and said there were no amounts on there). She seemed surprised I wanted to know amounts (!!) and said basically all the money is put into a pot, people are offered $$ based on the strength of their application, and later on they assign scholarship names to candidates according to the criteria set out in each. She said $$ isn't necessarily offered with acceptance.

FWIW.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:28 am

groberts wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Someone on the first page of this thread said it's a few months. When I met with the admissions person, she was extremely vague when I tried to get scholarship info. She told me to look at the website (I had, and said there were no amounts on there). She seemed surprised I wanted to know amounts (!!) and said basically all the money is put into a pot, people are offered $$ based on the strength of their application, and later on they assign scholarship names to candidates according to the criteria set out in each. She said $$ isn't necessarily offered with acceptance.

FWIW.

I got my letter a few days ago (it's a tiny little envelope with only the acceptance letter in it) and it says we will be recieving a bunch of things via email and regular mail in the future. I suppose that scholarship info is included in that. It might have mentioned scholly info specifically.. I'll look later.

LSAT Taker

Postby LSAT Taker » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Is the UTK status checker dead (as of 6:50 p.m. EST), or is it just me.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 pm

LSAT Taker wrote:Is the UTK status checker dead (as of 6:50 p.m. EST), or is it just me.

Not sure what you mean by dead... but mine looks the same as it has for a while...

LSAT Taker

Postby LSAT Taker » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:26 am

Barbie wrote:
LSAT Taker wrote:Is the UTK status checker dead (as of 6:50 p.m. EST), or is it just me.

Not sure what you mean by dead... but mine looks the same as it has for a while...

Was unable to access my status checker with an error message popping up. It's back to normal now. I need more than that by the way.

kaimccau

Postby kaimccau » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 pm

I just got my app in last week. I really wish I would have sent it earlier. I had it ready before it was available but I waited on a letter from my boss. I should have just gone with my other LORs. Now I wait while others have already been accepted... DAMN.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”