Page 14 of 25

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm
by enida10
wwhooper wrote:In this morning via phone call. I was on my way to class so I forgot to ask about scholarships; hopefully find out something when the package comes in the mail.


Congrats!!

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:29 pm
by wwhooper
jaymaynard wrote:
wwhooper wrote:In this morning via phone call. I was on my way to class so I forgot to ask about scholarships; hopefully find out something when the package comes in the mail.


Did your status checker update on 2/21 by chance?


Yes, I applied on 2/15 and on 2/21 I received my user name and password to check my status, which said under review as of 2/21. I was pretty surprised that they got back to me so soon; I had to disclose a fairly recent encounter with law enforcement (although it wasn't in the US), so I really did not know what to expect.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:32 pm
by jaymaynard
wwhooper wrote:
jaymaynard wrote:
wwhooper wrote:In this morning via phone call. I was on my way to class so I forgot to ask about scholarships; hopefully find out something when the package comes in the mail.


Did your status checker update on 2/21 by chance?


Yes, I applied on 2/15 and on 2/21 I received my user name and password to check my status, which said under review as of 2/21. I was pretty surprised that they got back to me so soon; I had to disclose a fairly recent encounter with law enforcement (although it wasn't in the US), so I really did not know what to expect.


Mine went to review on 2/21 as well...hope that means good news!

Also, congrats to you!

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 pm
by enida10
Knoxville's a bit of a party school. If they only let those people with squeaky clean records in, they'd exclude a majority of their own UGrads. :lol:

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:19 pm
by wwhooper
Thanks and best of luck to everyone still waiting on a decision as well. Hopefully they make some more calls to the 2/21 group soon.

As a UTK UGrad, I can personally attest to our school's tendency to party... hence my less-than-spectacular GPA haha. But regardless of whether or not you're into the bar/party scene, Knoxville is a great place to be as a student or young professional. If anyone has any general questions about the University or Knoxville, let me know.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 pm
by hmmhaa77
so i was accepted in October and still haven't heard about scholarships...

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:37 pm
by jaymaynard
Anyone heard anything over the past week?

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:02 pm
by EricBerry
jaymaynard wrote:Anyone heard anything over the past week?


Nothing since the review date was updated.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm
by Deathcab
jaymaynard wrote:Anyone heard anything over the past week?


i've still not heard either and my review date has not updated.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:03 pm
by jackattack17
i got an acceptance call yesterday, OOS, numbers in profile, complete since early January

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:22 pm
by ekulluke
To all the 2/21's out there.. I just checked online and the decision status date is 3/4... god help us all.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 pm
by jaymaynard
My decision status date updated to tomorrow...not sure what to make of that

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:26 pm
by jaymaynard
ekulluke wrote:To all the 2/21's out there.. I just checked online and the decision status date is 3/4... god help us all.


Get out of my head!

Yeah, I dunno, that doesn't seem like a good thing to me

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:29 pm
by Kinderby
Went from Review 1/28 to Review 3/4

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:36 pm
by ekulluke
Looking on LSN.. this may not be a good thing. This time last year, there were accepted people and rejected people. With a 155 LSAT and 3.7 GPA, I'm thinking I'm looking at a reject. Tennessee is the last school I need to hear from... *Sigh*

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 pm
by deliriousxix
still sitting at IR 12/17. fml.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:11 pm
by ekulluke
deliriousxix wrote:still sitting at IR 12/17. fml.


I called the admissions office to ask what it all meant. She said that decisions were going to be out by the end of March. I just don't understand how any school can be this slow.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:13 pm
by jaymaynard
ekulluke wrote:
deliriousxix wrote:still sitting at IR 12/17. fml.


I called the admissions office to ask what it all meant. She said that decisions were going to be out by the end of March. I just don't understand how any school can be this slow.


WTF...I have decisions to make based on what they do. Surely they realize people have seat deposits and such to send in soon

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:21 pm
by enida10
I'm sure they'll get to you before then. She probably says that to everyone. She just doesn't want to get your hopes up for a quicker response. It's kind of like doctors never tell you you'll be just fine. You probably will be, but they can't guarantee it.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 pm
by x11hookem11x
First TLS post here. My status changed yesterday to 3/2 and I received a call at around 1:30 central time yesterday with my acceptance. Hopefully that bodes well for you guys who had the change today.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:30 pm
by Bless
At another IR date, 3/3. I hope to find out good news.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:18 pm
by wamaxey
So my status just changed to tomorrow, but still says review. Weird. Does Tennessee email applicants about their decision, update their status checker with a decision, or do they only do snail mail?

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:20 pm
by jaymaynard
wamaxey wrote:So my status just changed to tomorrow, but still says review. Weird. Does Tennessee email applicants about their decision, update their status checker with a decision, or do they only do snail mail?


A few other people here are in the same boat with you. I believe they call all admits

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:32 pm
by wamaxey
jaymaynard wrote:
wamaxey wrote:So my status just changed to tomorrow, but still says review. Weird. Does Tennessee email applicants about their decision, update their status checker with a decision, or do they only do snail mail?


A few other people here are in the same boat with you. I believe they call all admits


Now I'm gonna be on edge waiting for a phone call all day.

Re: Tennessee 2011

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:35 pm
by enida10
Call, then snail mail. And then they include you in their e-mail group and send you e-mails about the school.

GL, all!