2011 Cycle Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JDLaf

New

2011 Cycle

Post by JDLaf » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:51 am

Has anyone heard any news on their applications so far in terms of acceptance/denial/waitlist?? This is wayyyyy too nerve wracking. Why I am constantly hitting refresh when I know I will not hear anything for a while!!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: 2011 Cycle

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:29 am

Actually, some people have already been admitted via Prioty Line or whatever it's called to Duke.

But in general, it's waaaay too early. Take a chill pill. Get a hobby. Settle in for the ride :-)

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 am

If you're Duke PT or UVA ED you can reasonably expect a decision in the near future (if you haven't received one already). For everyone else... well, get to boozin and come back in a few months.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:41 am

beachbum wrote:If you're Duke PT or UVA ED you can reasonably expect a decision in the near future (if you haven't received one already). For everyone else... well, get to boozin and come back in a few months go talk about sex in The Lounge.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I received my very first acceptance today from John Marshall Chicago. I'm also happy to report that I've been offered a full-ride there. I'm so shocked. I didn't think with my #'s I would be eligible for much scholarship money - even at a lower-ranked school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JDLaf

New

Post by JDLaf » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:35 am

angiej wrote:I received my very first acceptance today from John Marshall Chicago. I'm also happy to report that I've been offered a full-ride there. I'm so shocked. I didn't think with my #'s I would be eligible for much scholarship money - even at a lower-ranked school.
Congrats on the acceptance and even more so on the full ride!

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 am

angiej wrote:I received my very first acceptance today from John Marshall Chicago. I'm also happy to report that I've been offered a full-ride there. I'm so shocked. I didn't think with my #'s I would be eligible for much scholarship money - even at a lower-ranked school.
Where all else did you apply? With the scholarship money are you gonna take it?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 am

Spinozist21 wrote:
IU Indy is my top choice. I have also applied to IU-B, Valparaiso, Mich State and will apply to ND after Oct 1. I'm not sure what I would do if I got into IU Indy but without $ JM has a lot of programs I'm interested in but I'm not sure about entering the Chi legal market. I was really hoping to relocate to and stay in Indy. But how could I possibly turn down a full ride?

Spinozist21

Silver

Post by Spinozist21 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:23 am

angiej wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
IU Indy is my top choice. I have also applied to IU-B, Valparaiso, Mich State and will apply to ND after Oct 1. I'm not sure what I would do if I got into IU Indy but without $ JM has a lot of programs I'm interested in but I'm not sure about entering the Chi legal market. I was really hoping to relocate to and stay in Indy. But how could I possibly turn down a full ride?
Yeah I have heard a lot of bad things about the Chi-Town legal market lately...is it really that bad?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:54 am

Spinozist21 wrote:
angiej wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Yeah I have heard a lot of bad things about the Chi-Town legal market lately...is it really that bad?
Its just really over-satuated with lawyers looking for work. I mean you've got 6(?) Law schools churning out grads every year just in the one small market and JM is at the bottom of that list. Kinda scary.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”