Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thedude221 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 am

For the record, I got my admit package Friday and I still can't get on the admit website. :(


Sad-faced emoticons should only be reserved for people whose status' still say 'complete.'

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Fresh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 am

thedude221 wrote:Sad-faced emoticons should only be reserved for people whose status' still say 'complete.'


This :?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 am

r6_philly wrote:I just submitted on Sat, and my status checker already says "Decision"!

But it was probably left over from last year :mrgreen: I tried to log in to the admitted site, I can authenticate, but can't gain access, so maybe they never deleted me from the system. I have not received a received or complete email, I hope they don't auto-reject me...


Did you get in last cycle?

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Sentry » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
valengina wrote:
kazu wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Complete 11/16~


+1!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:33 am

thecilent wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I just submitted on Sat, and my status checker already says "Decision"!

But it was probably left over from last year :mrgreen: I tried to log in to the admitted site, I can authenticate, but can't gain access, so maybe they never deleted me from the system. I have not received a received or complete email, I hope they don't auto-reject me...


Did you get in last cycle?


Yup, then I couldn't go so I withdrew.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Deuce » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 am

11/16...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 am

Fresh wrote:
thedude221 wrote:Sad-faced emoticons should only be reserved for people whose status' still say 'complete.'


This :?


+1

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 123xalady » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 am

Deuce wrote:11/16...

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby forward » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 am

forward21 wrote:
oxford_don wrote:So I submitted 11/2 and still don't have a status checker. Is it time to email the admissions office? I did get that "hey we got your application" email, but nothing since.


I'm in the same boat regarding the status checker. I'm hopeful it will arrive sometime today. :)

ETA: Has anyone who submitted on 11/1 or after received the status checker yet?


This. Again. :cry:

DreamShake
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby DreamShake » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 pm

forward21 wrote:
forward21 wrote:
oxford_don wrote:So I submitted 11/2 and still don't have a status checker. Is it time to email the admissions office? I did get that "hey we got your application" email, but nothing since.


I'm in the same boat regarding the status checker. I'm hopeful it will arrive sometime today. :)

ETA: Has anyone who submitted on 11/1 or after received the status checker yet?


This. Again. :cry:


Submitted 11/1 and just checked the system with my ID from last year (WL'ed). To my surprise, I'm complete today, 11/16. I had gotten the initial "JD Application Received" e-mail back on 11/5, but nothing since then. I guess they forgot to e-mail me my UMID or figured I still had it from last year and were secretly testing my dedication. I'm guessing the latter, and since I passed, I am now auto-admit. RIGHT, DEAN Z?!

Excited to have gone complete this quickly--thought I would have had to wait a month at least. Now hoping the (admit) decision comes equally quickly! :P

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm

otay :)
Last edited by s0ph1e2007 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:23 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:must
send
LSAT addendum
to Michigan @ noooowww


will someone give it a quick glance plleeaassee?? I'd really appreciate it. It's only a paragraph.


Sure, pm me.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:must
send
LSAT addendum
to Michigan @ noooowww


will someone give it a quick glance plleeaassee?? I'd really appreciate it. It's only a paragraph.

:roll:

dorriedoodle
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby dorriedoodle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 pm

thedude221 wrote:
For the record, I got my admit package Friday and I still can't get on the admit website. :(


Sad-faced emoticons should only be reserved for people whose status' still say 'complete.'


You're right... :oops:

User avatar
thedude221
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thedude221 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Fresh wrote:
thedude221 wrote:Sad-faced emoticons should only be reserved for people whose status' still say 'complete.'


This :?


+1



hm?

User avatar
catsparka
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby catsparka » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Submitted over the weekend, LSAC report went out yesterday, now waiting for status checker! I feel so behind...

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:47 pm

thedude221 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Fresh wrote:
thedude221 wrote:Sad-faced emoticons should only be reserved for people whose status' still say 'complete.'


This :?


+1



hm?


We all agree with you! <3

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby almostfamous » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 pm

i had a vivid dream last night that i woke up this morning to find my application status at "decision" and that i could sign into the admitted students website. i woke up, hoping that somehow i had become clairvoyant, but my status was still at complete :(

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I just submitted on Sat, and my status checker already says "Decision"!

But it was probably left over from last year :mrgreen: I tried to log in to the admitted site, I can authenticate, but can't gain access, so maybe they never deleted me from the system. I have not received a received or complete email, I hope they don't auto-reject me...


Did you get in last cycle?


Yup, then I couldn't go so I withdrew.


Oh you should be good then.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:12 pm

almostfamous wrote:i had a vivid dream last night that i woke up this morning to find my application status at "decision" and that i could sign into the admitted students website. i woke up, hoping that somehow i had become clairvoyant, but my status was still at complete :(


lol It's def getting bad in here.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:
r6_philly wrote:I just submitted on Sat, and my status checker already says "Decision"!

But it was probably left over from last year :mrgreen: I tried to log in to the admitted site, I can authenticate, but can't gain access, so maybe they never deleted me from the system. I have not received a received or complete email, I hope they don't auto-reject me...


Did you get in last cycle?


Yup, then I couldn't go so I withdrew.


Did you include an addendum about why you couldn't go?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:18 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:
Did you get in last cycle?


Yup, then I couldn't go so I withdrew.


Did you include an addendum about why you couldn't go?


Yup I wrote a short one. I also wrote a personal note when I withdrew, they were very nice and understanding. It took me until now to reapply because I rewrote my why UM essay, and I was too busy to do it for a while. I didn't want to send in the same one, but had to write something better lol.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm

thecilent wrote:
Oh you should be good then.


Hopefully! I just missed ASW last cycle and I look forward to learning all about UM. Everything about the school has been pleasant and enjoyable.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Yeah I would love to check Mich out. I'm contemplating whether to send them a Why Mich?. So stupid that I didn't with the app.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 pm

thecilent wrote:Yeah I would love to check Mich out. I'm contemplating whether to send them a Why Mich?. So stupid that I didn't with the app.


Which of the optional essays did you write? I wrote 2 of them. My why Mich ties in with my educational experiences as well. If you feel strongly, write one up and update them. You could always wait until if you get WL'ed, but if you can write a good one now send it in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, Google Adsense [Bot], KeYe88, mm2368, TudoBem and 8 guests