Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Knock » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:56 pm

I think DC, that although you may think that when you get your first good acceptance you will be able to calm down, it will actually have the reverse effect.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Knock wrote:I think DC, that although you may think that when you get your first good acceptance you will be able to calm down, it will actually have the reverse effect.


So true!!! I thought I'd be fine after Duke. Then I swore it'd be ok once I heard from UVA. But no, still neurotic.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Knock wrote:I think DC, that although you may think that when you get your first good acceptance you will be able to calm down, it will actually have the reverse effect.


Well I mean I did calm down a bit once I got Georgetown, which I really like. I think obviously I won't completely calm down but I won't absolutely freak out. Also, my other top schools' results come out super predictably so the waiting game won't be as intense.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby r6_philly » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:53 pm

About to click submit, hope they are nice to me like last year!

User avatar
wackyjack22
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby wackyjack22 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:01 pm

In via status checker on Friday morning and then the admissions packet with a nice personalized note from Dean Zearfoss. Michigan knows how to make my weekend awesome!

User avatar
BearHugs
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby BearHugs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 am

vegenator wrote:
Long Live Jacox wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Also, has anyone who wrote a UMich heard back yet? Maybe they're reading through the files without supplemental essays now?


I sent in a Why Michigan as well as another supplemental and was accepted with the last wave. I submitted fairly early though (late Sept), so I don't think there is too much of a need to start worrying yet.



+1 on everything in Jacox's post.


+ 1

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 am

I feel like making a primary school paper mache valentine with sparkles etc. and sending it to michigan in the mail haha

thsmthcrmnl
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:47 am

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten in and good luck to those still waiting.

Anyone know when Dean Z sends out the merit offers?

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby almostfamous » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:I feel like making a primary school paper mache valentine with sparkles etc. and sending it to michigan in the mail haha


haha

"dear michigan, i like you. do you like me too? check yes__ or no__"

vicuna
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby vicuna » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am

almostfamous wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:I feel like making a primary school paper mache valentine with sparkles etc. and sending it to michigan in the mail haha


haha

"dear michigan, i like you. do you like me too? check yes__ or no__"


And the most oft-circled (at least for me): "maybe." I guess that's analogous to being waitlisted?

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby vegenator » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:20 am

thsmthcrmnl wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's gotten in and good luck to those still waiting.

Anyone know when Dean Z sends out the merit offers?


2 weeks after admissions offers, straight off of --LinkRemoved--

The Admissions Office considers all applicants for merit-based aid, with no separate application required. Typically, merit decisions are made within two weeks of admission, and awards range from $5,000 up to full tuition. In cases where no merit aid has been offered, the Financial Aid Office is occasionally able to take financial aid offers from competing schools into account.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby dbrddr » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:23 am

As of yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, my status said Complete, and the last update was on 11/13. I just checked, and the status now says Decision!!

Sorry, Dean Z, for not waiting to find out via snail mail, but....

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!! :D RD, Above both 75ths, wrote two supplementals (including the Why Mich). Absolutely thrilled.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Fresh » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:29 am

dbrddr wrote:As of yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, my status said Complete, and the last update was on 11/13. I just checked, and the status now says Decision!!

Sorry, Dean Z, for not waiting to find out via snail mail, but....

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!! :D RD, Above both 75ths, wrote two supplementals (including the Why Mich). Absolutely thrilled.


Congrats!!
When did you apply

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 am

dbrddr wrote:As of yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, my status said Complete, and the last update was on 11/13. I just checked, and the status now says Decision!!

Sorry, Dean Z, for not waiting to find out via snail mail, but....

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!! :D RD, Above both 75ths, wrote two supplementals (including the Why Mich). Absolutely thrilled.

can you get into the admitted students site?

thsmthcrmnl
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thsmthcrmnl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks Vegenator. You were helpful

. . . and now I feel really lazy.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby artichoke » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 am

vegenator wrote:
thsmthcrmnl wrote:Congratulations to everyone who's gotten in and good luck to those still waiting.

Anyone know when Dean Z sends out the merit offers?


2 weeks after admissions offers, straight off of --LinkRemoved--

The Admissions Office considers all applicants for merit-based aid, with no separate application required. Typically, merit decisions are made within two weeks of admission, and awards range from $5,000 up to full tuition. In cases where no merit aid has been offered, the Financial Aid Office is occasionally able to take financial aid offers from competing schools into account.


Now I can be stressed out about something else. Thanks.

But honestly, I filled out the finaid app on their admitted students site, and they said I didn't qualify for need-base aid. Now I'm depressed and worried about paying for law school.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:49 am

Still complete 11/15.. at least it gave me something to look forward to on a Monday morning?

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby cigrainger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 am

arism87 wrote:Still complete 11/15.. at least it gave me something to look forward to on a Monday morning?


+1 :(

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby dbrddr » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:39 am

Fresh wrote:Congrats!!
When did you apply

Sent my app on 9/18, went complete on 10/6

CastleRock wrote:can you get into the admitted students site?

That's how I found out :wink:

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:58 am

cigrainger wrote:
arism87 wrote:Still complete 11/15.. at least it gave me something to look forward to on a Monday morning?


+1 :(


Yuuuup.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:03 am

cigrainger wrote:
arism87 wrote:Still complete 11/15.. at least it gave me something to look forward to on a Monday morning?


+1 :(

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:33 am

I die a little inside every time I get owned by the admitted student site red letters... applied late October though so I haven't lost all hope quite yet

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 am

Deuce wrote:I die a little inside every time I get owned by the admitted student site red letters... applied late October though so I haven't lost all hope quite yet


I don't think anyone who applied after approx 10/11 has been admitted yet (correct me if I'm wrong)-- so I haven't lost any hope yet :)

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby oxford_don » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:54 am

So I submitted 11/2 and still don't have a status checker. Is it time to email the admissions office? I did get that "hey we got your application" email, but nothing since.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:03 am

oxford_don wrote:So I submitted 11/2 and still don't have a status checker. Is it time to email the admissions office? I did get that "hey we got your application" email, but nothing since.


That e-mail says to wait like three weeks before asking. I had to wait about two, if I remember correctly.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”