Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby WarioLaw » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:32 pm

I believe the Dean does include personal notes on all acceptances. Seems to be a trend from UM since I also received a personal note on the letter inviting me to apply/fee waiver. Nice touch!

User avatar
whatshouldIdo11
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whatshouldIdo11 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:42 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
niederbomb wrote:Any action since the 26th?


nope


Weird. Mine updated today.

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:44 pm

whatshouldIdo11 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
niederbomb wrote:Any action since the 26th?


nope


Weird. Mine updated today.


Mine too...is this a good thing or a bad thing??

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby akili » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 pm

The status checker updates almost every day.

User avatar
whatshouldIdo11
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whatshouldIdo11 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm

akili wrote:The status checker updates almost every day.


Oh, I know. What's weird is some people are saying theirs is stuck, while others say it updated. I've given up trying to figure out what any of it means.

stegman
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby stegman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 am

I'm sorry guys - does being able to log in to the ASW with our id and birthday mean we're in for sure?

It seems that way on the last few pages - I applied back in november, saw my status changed to decision on the 25th and was able to log in.... very happy.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby NZA » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:50 am

stegman wrote:I'm sorry guys - does being able to log in to the ASW with our id and birthday mean we're in for sure?

It seems that way on the last few pages - I applied back in november, saw my status changed to decision on the 25th and was able to log in.... very happy.


Yeah, man! Congrats! :D

stegman
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby stegman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 am

excellent, thank you :). for data purposes, i applied late in november and heard just now... 170/3.4x.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whitman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:09 am

Dammit, why do I keep getting snookered into checking the admitted students site again? The inevitable red..

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whirledpeas86 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am

whitman wrote:Dammit, why do I keep getting snookered into checking the admitted students site again? The inevitable red..


+1

Fucking hate that red text...
Last edited by whirledpeas86 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whatshouldIdo11
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whatshouldIdo11 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:19 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
whitman wrote:Dammit, why do I keep getting snookered into checking the admitted students site again? The inevitable red..


+

Fucking hate that red text...


+1

Lord_Roy
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Lord_Roy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:25 am

My status just turned to decision today... so if I can't access the admit students website, does that mean I'm out or does it take a while after the decision has been made before I can access it?

AP-375
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby AP-375 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Lord_Roy wrote:My status just turned to decision today... so if I can't access the admit students website, does that mean I'm out or does it take a while after the decision has been made before I can access it?

Same thing. Please tell me I don't have to wait for a (likely) rejection letter via mail.

Lord_Roy
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Lord_Roy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm

AP-375 wrote:
Lord_Roy wrote:My status just turned to decision today... so if I can't access the admit students website, does that mean I'm out or does it take a while after the decision has been made before I can access it?

Same thing. Please tell me I don't have to wait for a (likely) rejection letter via mail.


Well, I'm afraid we're screwed...

User avatar
ChriLa425
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

No one who´s been admitted to Michigan seems to be answering, but for some schools at least its not simultaneous. I had to wait almost a week for NYU to let me enter, if that makes you feel better.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sanguar » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Lord_Roy wrote:
AP-375 wrote:
Lord_Roy wrote:My status just turned to decision today... so if I can't access the admit students website, does that mean I'm out or does it take a while after the decision has been made before I can access it?

Same thing. Please tell me I don't have to wait for a (likely) rejection letter via mail.


Well, I'm afraid we're screwed...


I can't say for certain, but I know that I was able to access the site before my status checker turned to decision and I think that's been the norm. Not sure if there have been any exceptions to this, but I don't think there have been. Sorry :(

Lord_Roy
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Lord_Roy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

sanguar wrote:
Lord_Roy wrote:
AP-375 wrote:
Lord_Roy wrote:My status just turned to decision today... so if I can't access the admit students website, does that mean I'm out or does it take a while after the decision has been made before I can access it?

Same thing. Please tell me I don't have to wait for a (likely) rejection letter via mail.


Well, I'm afraid we're screwed...


I can't say for certain, but I know that I was able to access the site before my status checker turned to decision and I think that's been the norm. Not sure if there have been any exceptions to this, but I don't think there have been. Sorry :(


Damn, I was really hoping this reach school could be the one... oh well, thanks for the info, at least I can quit trying to access the website now and spend my time doing something more constructive.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby jrose5 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Uhm so... I was able to log int the ASW today... instead of the red lettering, I got to the welcome page. It doesn't ask me to generate a PW or anything... does this mean I'm in?

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby askyemcdonald » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 pm

jrose5 wrote:Uhm so... I was able to log int the ASW today... instead of the red lettering, I got to the welcome page. It doesn't ask me to generate a PW or anything... does this mean I'm in?


Yep! Congrats! When did you go complete?

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby jrose5 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:47 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Uhm so... I was able to log int the ASW today... instead of the red lettering, I got to the welcome page. It doesn't ask me to generate a PW or anything... does this mean I'm in?


Yep! Congrats! When did you go complete?


I'm not sure when I went complete. I applied 1/10 and received my status checker 2/10. PM for stats if interested. Best of luck everybody (yeah go check your ASWs..... only a few days ago, mine still sent me back red text! This must be very recent.).

ppch
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby ppch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:48 pm

jrose5 wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Uhm so... I was able to log int the ASW today... instead of the red lettering, I got to the welcome page. It doesn't ask me to generate a PW or anything... does this mean I'm in?


Yep! Congrats! When did you go complete?


I'm not sure when I went complete. I applied 1/10 and received my status checker 2/10. PM for stats if interested. Best of luck everybody (yeah go check your ASWs..... only a few days ago, mine still sent me back red text! This must be very recent.).


Wow, congratulations! I am really crossing my fingers for this scenario, but my red text just never seems to budge. :(

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby jrose5 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:49 pm

ppch wrote:
jrose5 wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:
jrose5 wrote:Uhm so... I was able to log int the ASW today... instead of the red lettering, I got to the welcome page. It doesn't ask me to generate a PW or anything... does this mean I'm in?


Yep! Congrats! When did you go complete?


I'm not sure when I went complete. I applied 1/10 and received my status checker 2/10. PM for stats if interested. Best of luck everybody (yeah go check your ASWs..... only a few days ago, mine still sent me back red text! This must be very recent.).


Wow, congratulations! I am really crossing my fingers for this scenario, but my red text just never seems to budge. :(


Keep the hope alive... I am a borderline applicant and got in without a Why Mich.

User avatar
japes
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby japes » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:49 pm

So... borderline stats ("consider" on LSP), OOS, 2 optional essays (including a why?). Still live, updated today: any hope?

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby jrose5 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:53 pm

japes wrote:So... borderline stats ("consider" on LSP), OOS, 2 optional essays (including a why?). Still live, updated today: any hope?


You're missing some critical information... when did you submit?

ppch
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby ppch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 pm

jrose5 wrote:
japes wrote:So... borderline stats ("consider" on LSP), OOS, 2 optional essays (including a why?). Still live, updated today: any hope?


You're missing some critical information... when did you submit?


Wah, I'm another "consider" with borderline stats, OOS, 1 optional essay ("why"), submitted 12/13. Le sigh.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”