Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13550
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:08 pm

R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:
sanguar wrote:Congrats!! You were a 1/20 checker, right?


Yup. Applied 12/11, status checker 1/20.

This seems to be right in line with some other posters who applied a week before me, then found out they got in last week.

So if I'm 1/27, maybe I can expect a decision next week?

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whitman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Flips88 wrote:
R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:
sanguar wrote:Congrats!! You were a 1/20 checker, right?


Yup. Applied 12/11, status checker 1/20.

This seems to be right in line with some other posters who applied a week before me, then found out they got in last week.

So if I'm 1/27, maybe I can expect a decision next week?


No, if you've followed this thread at all, you'll know that you can't safely expect anything, unfortunately. I'm sitting at an 11/15 status checker with nothing. I hope you have better luck.

User avatar
R.R. Raskolnikov
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby R.R. Raskolnikov » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Flips88 wrote:
R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:
sanguar wrote:Congrats!! You were a 1/20 checker, right?


Yup. Applied 12/11, status checker 1/20.

This seems to be right in line with some other posters who applied a week before me, then found out they got in last week.

So if I'm 1/27, maybe I can expect a decision next week?


It's possible if your application isn't on the fence. I'd keep checking the status checker and ASW. You probably won't get correspondence even if you're in. When I got into GW there was at least a week long wait between the acceptance email and the acceptance/scholarship snail mail packet. It looks like Michigan doesn't even email, so you have to check for yourself.

sheD
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sheD » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm a 1/20 status checker and was able to long into the ASW today!! Checker still says complete though. My boyfriend is NOT enthusiastic about the idea of moving to Michigan, but I have a really good feeling about the school for some reason. Seems like current students are really enthusiastic about it.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:22 pm

So are people who've been waiting a while going to send in a LOCI? I'm getting annoyed that I'm still waiting when people who applied after me are getting in (congrats btw lol). And I even wrote a why Michigan in case of YP :(

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby jman77 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 pm

I am now at 13 weeks since app submission date and counting... submitted a LOCI after getting the "hold" e-mail in early January.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 pm

eaa1537 wrote:So are people who've been waiting a while going to send in a LOCI? I'm getting annoyed that I'm still waiting when people who applied after me are getting in (congrats btw lol). And I even wrote a why Michigan in case of YP :(


I'm torn because I didn't get the hold email or anything... they're just ignoring me. 3mos!

TheStrand
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby TheStrand » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:53 pm

R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:So, who's going to the preview weekend in early March?

There's a separate thread for that, and I think it has a spreadsheet of those attending
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=147246

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby fish52 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:33 pm

sheD wrote:I'm a 1/20 status checker and was able to long into the ASW today!! Checker still says complete though. My boyfriend is NOT enthusiastic about the idea of moving to Michigan, but I have a really good feeling about the school for some reason. Seems like current students are really enthusiastic about it.

Ah you got my hopes up! I'm also a 1/20 status checker, but no go on the ASW haha. But I can understand your boyfriend's hesitation... Michigan sounds damn cold.

sheD
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sheD » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 pm

It's more about getting a job than about the cold...he's pulling for NYU.

User avatar
whatshouldIdo11
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whatshouldIdo11 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:44 am

eaa1537 wrote:So are people who've been waiting a while going to send in a LOCI? I'm getting annoyed that I'm still waiting when people who applied after me are getting in (congrats btw lol). And I even wrote a why Michigan in case of YP :(


I sent my app in 11/5, went complete 12/10, and I'm still sitting on a complete. It might be because I retook the LSAT in December. Anyway, I went ahead and wrote the LOCI. I was hesitant to do it, because popular opinion says to wait until you get a WL, but I thought it might be helpful for them to know that I would SERIOUSLY consider attending if admitted. Before I wrote it, I asked the Admissions Office if it was appropriate to write a LOCI before a decision is made, and they said that they would welcome a letter.

User avatar
whatshouldIdo11
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby whatshouldIdo11 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 am

People in the Admissions Office at Michigan are so nice. You can tell that their responses aren't just formulaic, and they are even upbeat and welcoming. It just makes me want to go there more.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 am

whatshouldIdo11 wrote: I sent my app in 11/5, went complete 12/10, and I'm still sitting on a complete. It might be because I retook the LSAT in December. Anyway, I went ahead and wrote the LOCI. I was hesitant to do it, because popular opinion says to wait until you get a WL, but I thought it might be helpful for them to know that I would SERIOUSLY consider attending if admitted. Before I wrote it, I asked the Admissions Office if it was appropriate to write a LOCI before a decision is made, and they said that they would welcome a letter.

Ooo ok interesting good to know. Thanks for the responses everyone! Guess I'll send one soooooon.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Hannibal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 am

Who else here submitted in early November or earlier and is still waiting?

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 am

Hannibal wrote:Who else here submitted in early November or earlier and is still waiting?

Me, applied then switched app to ED. Deferred back to regular decision. Received the "hold" email. No word since. Not really expecting much, but would love to attend.

BeachandRun23
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby BeachandRun23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 am

Hannibal wrote:Who else here submitted in early November or earlier and is still waiting?


Mid october here. But they havent really waitlisted many people/anyone yet, have they? Im assuming im probably in that batch, if not outright rejection at this point.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13913
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 am

Hannibal wrote:Who else here submitted in early November or earlier and is still waiting?


I submitted 11/15, got a status checker 12/15. I also got that weird hold email.

I just now noticed that my status date has changed to 2/15, but it still just says 'complete' and I can't get into the ASW.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby zworykin » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Who else here submitted in early November or earlier and is still waiting?


I submitted 11/15, got a status checker 12/15. I also got that weird hold email.

I just now noticed that my status date has changed to 2/15, but it still just says 'complete' and I can't get into the ASW.


The date changes every day...

Right there with ya. Hold email and everything. I submitted about a month earlier though :wink:

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Hannibal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am


User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:31 am

Flips88 wrote:
R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:
sanguar wrote:Congrats!! You were a 1/20 checker, right?


Yup. Applied 12/11, status checker 1/20.

This seems to be right in line with some other posters who applied a week before me, then found out they got in last week.

So if I'm 1/27, maybe I can expect a decision next week?


I hope so because I'm a 1/27

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby MillerTime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:22 am

Previously in this forum, someone pointed out that Michigan updates their status checker at 6am Eastern. Until today, this has been the case. However, as of now, I'm still stuck on 2/15 (I was up studying for a midterm, I'm not actually checking this at 6am :)). Just wondering if others are stuck here as well or it's just me. I can't get into the admitted students site so I'm worried that if the checker stalls it may mean that my decision has been made. Anyone else?

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby MillerTime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am

evandm wrote:Previously in this forum, someone pointed out that Michigan updates their status checker at 6am Eastern. Until today, this has been the case. However, as of now, I'm still stuck on 2/15 (I was up studying for a midterm, I'm not actually checking this at 6am :)). Just wondering if others are stuck here as well or it's just me. I can't get into the admitted students site so I'm worried that if the checker stalls it may mean that my decision has been made. Anyone else?


Just saw that this happened to a group of people a couple of days ago.. weird.

Shloime
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Shloime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 am

evandm wrote:
evandm wrote:Previously in this forum, someone pointed out that Michigan updates their status checker at 6am Eastern. Until today, this has been the case. However, as of now, I'm still stuck on 2/15 (I was up studying for a midterm, I'm not actually checking this at 6am :)). Just wondering if others are stuck here as well or it's just me. I can't get into the admitted students site so I'm worried that if the checker stalls it may mean that my decision has been made. Anyone else?


Just saw that this happened to a group of people a couple of days ago.. weird.


I got the same thing going. What happened to that group a few days ago? Was it just random?

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby MillerTime » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 am

Shloime wrote:
evandm wrote:
evandm wrote:Previously in this forum, someone pointed out that Michigan updates their status checker at 6am Eastern. Until today, this has been the case. However, as of now, I'm still stuck on 2/15 (I was up studying for a midterm, I'm not actually checking this at 6am :)). Just wondering if others are stuck here as well or it's just me. I can't get into the admitted students site so I'm worried that if the checker stalls it may mean that my decision has been made. Anyone else?


Just saw that this happened to a group of people a couple of days ago.. weird.


I got the same thing going. What happened to that group a few days ago? Was it just random?


They haven't posted anything yet.. looks like it was just random. People in that group... any of you receive decisions? Or did your status checker start back up the next day?

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby JTMan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:35 am

evandm wrote:
Shloime wrote:
evandm wrote:
evandm wrote:Previously in this forum, someone pointed out that Michigan updates their status checker at 6am Eastern. Until today, this has been the case. However, as of now, I'm still stuck on 2/15 (I was up studying for a midterm, I'm not actually checking this at 6am :)). Just wondering if others are stuck here as well or it's just me. I can't get into the admitted students site so I'm worried that if the checker stalls it may mean that my decision has been made. Anyone else?


Just saw that this happened to a group of people a couple of days ago.. weird.


I got the same thing going. What happened to that group a few days ago? Was it just random?


They haven't posted anything yet.. looks like it was just random. People in that group... any of you receive decisions? Or did your status checker start back up the next day?



FYI....Mine did the same thing the day before I received a decision =)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, smashbash and 8 guests