Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:48 pm

whatshouldIdo11 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement, r6! I'll be sure to update on here when I find out.

Good luck! You should be good with that score, even if you have to wait a bit. Also I got the same scholarship in April (as the one I just got), so if you get in, you will probably get money. Michigan is good with that.

agora139

Postby agora139 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:Just to add, I read last year that schools get a large percentage of apps right before the deadline (I think somewhere from 30% to more, don't remember for sure). So beating that wave is key, which you have done.

:D okay yay, had me worried there for a second! now if i could just hear a decison...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:54 pm

agora139 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Just to add, I read last year that schools get a large percentage of apps right before the deadline (I think somewhere from 30% to more, don't remember for sure). So beating that wave is key, which you have done.

:D okay yay, had me worried there for a second! now if i could just hear a decison...

5-6 weeks from when you get your checker is average. But if they were holding your file for the Dec test, then 5-6 weeks after they get the updated report is probably right. That makes it late Feb. so you have a ways to go.

lshamlet

Postby lshamlet » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 am

If Michigan miraculously decides to accept me after all this time, is it still possible to get one of those nice Dean's scholarships you guys are getting? I'm at/above both 75ths. Or does the fact that Michigan has clearly passed on me for other candidates thus far preclude me from any scholarship money? I applied in early November.

It sucks that UVA and Michigan are holding out on me...they seem pretty generous with scholarships.

ExpectLess

Postby ExpectLess » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am

lshamlet wrote:If Michigan miraculously decides to accept me after all this time, is it still possible to get one of those nice Dean's scholarships you guys are getting? I'm at/above both 75ths. Or does the fact that Michigan has clearly passed on me for other candidates thus far preclude me from any scholarship money? I applied in early November.

It sucks that UVA and Michigan are holding out on me...they seem pretty generous with scholarships.

Not too sure about Michigan, but UVA has been slowly biting on high-numbers and they're getting just as much money as earlier in the cycle. I'm betting they're doing one of a few things with high-numbers: a) waiting to see how much money they'll have to offer based off of other scholarship admits so far (since many people with high-numbers could get into somewhere of HSYCCN and would likely need money to attend), b) waiting to see if high-numbers withdraw as the cycle goes on to protect their yield, or c) although this would apply mostly to UVA, waiting to see if people will send in a LOCI or an ED contract.

But that's just my speculation.

dytelb

Postby dytelb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:37 am

does anyone know when you would be notified of a scholarship if you have been accepted? i got in about two weeks ago, got my packet a week or so ago, but have not heard about merit aid. does that mean it's a no go?

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 am

dytelb wrote:does anyone know when you would be notified of a scholarship if you have been accepted? i got in about two weeks ago, got my packet a week or so ago, but have not heard about merit aid. does that mean it's a no go?

It took me like 5 weeks to get my scholarship letter after acceptance, if i'm recalling correctly.

dytelb

Postby dytelb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 am

Thanks Knock! I will cross my fingers and wait...

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 am

dytelb wrote:Thanks Knock! I will cross my fingers and wait...

They're pretty formulaic. I'm not sure how a January acceptance affects any potential scholarship money, but you should definitely see some $ with your numbers, i'm guessing maybe $45k. I'd look around on LSN to see what people with similar numbers got.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 am

Keep looking at your mail & money listings. A letter would show up if you get an offer. Then the aid will show up in financial aid awards.

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 pm

has anybody that got the quasi-hold email heard anything else yet?

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:03 pm

mistermister wrote:has anybody that got the quasi-hold email heard anything else yet?

I got nothin'. I'm anticipating a rejection. Which I think is very disappointing because I told myself I would go if I got any sort of scholarship (which for my nubmers wasn't out of the question...)

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

pereira6 wrote:
mistermister wrote:has anybody that got the quasi-hold email heard anything else yet?

I got nothin'. I'm anticipating a rejection. Which I think is very disappointing because I told myself I would go if I got any sort of scholarship (which for my nubmers wasn't out of the question...)

I think WL is more likely, but yeah same here no decision one way or the other. Thinking about sending an LOCI....

letsdoit

Postby letsdoit » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 pm

What would a loci look like if I submitted a why Michigan with my original application?

Edit:I got the email from dean zearfoss that I'm on hold, thus me asking

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm

letsdoit wrote:What would a loci look like if I submitted a why Michigan with my original application?

Edit:I got the email from dean zearfoss that I'm on hold, thus me asking

+1

I am curious about this as well.

whitman

Postby whitman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:44 pm

It seems like we're all getting hosed. I am shocked that no one who received that email seems to have received a decision. That definitely contradicts the posited interpretation a few pages back, that it was merely an apology/hang in there email.

BeachandRun23

Postby BeachandRun23 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:15 pm

whitman wrote:

It seems like we're all getting hosed. I am shocked that no one who received that email seems to have received a decision. That definitely contradicts the posited interpretation a few pages back, that it was merely an apology/hang in there email.

I think that explanation was right. For whatever reason they want to hang on to us longer. Probably to see how many people withdraw/how the class composition is coming along. Im sure atleast some of us will have decisions by the end of feb.

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 pm

BeachandRun23 wrote:
whitman wrote:

I think that explanation was right. For whatever reason they want to hang on to us longer. Probably to see how many people withdraw/how the class composition is coming along. Im sure atleast some of us will have decisions by the end of feb.

I applied 11/24, did not get that quasi-hold email. No news yet.
Anyone in the same situation? Am I hearing a ding?

nycdreamer89

Postby nycdreamer89 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:51 pm

masterthearts wrote:
BeachandRun23 wrote:
whitman wrote:

I'm in the same situation. Applied 11/24 (I think...somewhere around there lol), and status checker on 12/30. I'm not totally sure, but I don't think we're in for a ding yet. I've read on here that a decision usually comes 5-6 weeks after the status checker comes. So...I think we're still in the running (I hope!). :)

whatshouldIdo11

Postby whatshouldIdo11 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:54 pm

masterthearts wrote:
BeachandRun23 wrote:
whitman wrote:

The hold-ish email was only for those who applied pretty early in the cycle. I got it and applied 11/04. I think that 11/24 is recent enough that they didn't feel the need to send you that email. So don't sweat it!

NZA

Postby NZA » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 pm

Still no admitted students site. :(

Still no "Decision" status, though. Just keep swimming, I guess.

mrmangs

Postby mrmangs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:01 pm

NZA wrote:Still no admitted students site. :(

Rooting for my fellow Exiler.

padthai

Postby padthai » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Right there with you mate :( Would love access to that site...

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Anyone in the same situation? Am I hearing a ding?[/quote]

I'm in the same situation. Applied 11/24 (I think...somewhere around there lol), and status checker on 12/30. I'm not totally sure, but I don't think we're in for a ding yet. I've read on here that a decision usually comes 5-6 weeks after the status checker comes. So...I think we're still in the running (I hope!). :)[/quote]

I got my status checker around 12/23. I thought they notify you around 8-10 weeks after you apply. If that is true, I should have heard by now.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 pm

This Friday!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”