Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 pm

brightheart wrote:
lshamlet wrote:
brightheart wrote:IN! Got a package. With $45K!


Congrats! When did you submit your app? Did you get that infamous pseudo-hold email?


Thanks! I submitted on 11/16 and it went complete on 12/16. Didn't get that infamous email so I don't know what it is.

I was excited to get a pack of info about life in Ann Arbor along with a nice little Michigan usb. My favorite is Dean Z's handwritten note that she "loved" my personal statement and optional essay. So glad that I struggled with them over months! :D


were you able to get into the admitted students site?

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Blindc1rca » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:59 pm

got my admissions letter on friday... if i am to get a scholarship, how long after the initial admit package would i find out?

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Burgstaller04 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:got my admissions letter on friday... if i am to get a scholarship, how long after the initial admit package would i find out?

a couple weeks. keep an eye on the "mailings" section of the accepted students site

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sanguar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 am

Went up to Ann Arbor yesterday running errands (trip to Trader Joe's). I had been trying to keep myself from getting too emotionally invested in Michigan, but my wife and I drove past the law school and through some of the neighborhoods. Now I'm almost ready to make Dean Z. a mix tape and camp out outside the admissions office holding a stereo above my head.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 am

Tag. and is it just me, or is Michigan's website not loading right now?

They must be updating my status to admitted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:26 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Tag. and is it just me, or is Michigan's website not loading right now?

They must be updating my status to admitted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Yep, not loading for me either.

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby socraticmethodman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:37 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Tag. and is it just me, or is Michigan's website not loading right now?

They must be updating my status to admitted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Yep, not loading for me either.


+1

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 am

I was able to get it to load, but it was very slow.

2bOn2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 2bOn2b » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:58 pm

My daily admitted student site checking finally paid off...In via admitted student site!!!! No email or snail mail yet, though. Submitted 11/15 complete 12/15.

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 pm

2bOn2b wrote:My daily admitted student site checking finally paid off...In via admitted student site!!!! No email or snail mail yet, though. Submitted 11/15 complete 12/15.


numbers? Did you get the "hold" email? Did you do the optional essays?

Come on man, you got to know the drill haha.

Congrats though!!

2bOn2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 2bOn2b » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:
2bOn2b wrote:My daily admitted student site checking finally paid off...In via admitted student site!!!! No email or snail mail yet, though. Submitted 11/15 complete 12/15.


numbers? Did you get the "hold" email? Did you do the optional essays?

Come on man, you got to know the drill haha.

Congrats though!!


Haha. No "hold" email. Completed Diversity Essay and Test Score Addendum. URM AA Male, at Median GPA, below 25% LSAT.

swl56
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby swl56 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 pm

congrats!! :)

i submitted my app on 12/8 and have not received a status checker yet... should i email them or is that too pushy?

dytelb
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:16 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby dytelb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:23 pm

in as well! got the status checker 12/22-just able to log into the admitted students site!

Spykuh
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Spykuh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:46 pm

congrats to those who get in today!

now time to start getting anxious about my 12/30 status checker!

c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Spykuh wrote:congrats to those who get in today!

now time to start getting anxious about my 12/30 status checker!


Right there with you...

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Dear Michigan,

It's me rbarcelo9. Just writing to let you know that you are still on my mind, and patiently awaiting my status checker. I know you are busy, and I hate to be a burden. But, it has been over a month now and I'm beginning to think you forgot about me. Please Michigan don't forget about me. We were meant for each other.

Love always,
rbarcelo9

fletchcon
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby fletchcon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Holy mother of god I'm in!!! Just tried the admitted students site.
So happy about this, outside of HYS, which I'd never have a shot at anyway, Michigan is my top choice for sure!
Thought I might have blown it with my Why Michigan? It was pretty cringe worthy looking back, it had a bit of an excited-childs-letter-to-santa vibe about it

Status checker 12/22 btw

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:05 pm

heres to me checking the AS website every 10 minutes the rest of the day : (

Congrats everyone!

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby bdubs » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:22 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:heres to me checking the AS website every 10 minutes the rest of the day : (

Congrats everyone!


It only updates once a day (early morning when the status checkers update to the next day).

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sanguar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:23 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:Dear Michigan,

It's me rbarcelo9. Just writing to let you know that you are still on my mind, and patiently awaiting my status checker. I know you are busy, and I hate to be a burden. But, it has been over a month now and I'm beginning to think you forgot about me. Please Michigan don't forget about me. We were meant for each other.

Love always,
rbarcelo9


+1

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 pm

sanguar wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:Dear Michigan,

It's me rbarcelo9. Just writing to let you know that you are still on my mind, and patiently awaiting my status checker. I know you are busy, and I hate to be a burden. But, it has been over a month now and I'm beginning to think you forgot about me. Please Michigan don't forget about me. We were meant for each other.

Love always,
rbarcelo9


+1


+1 over a month here too. I emailed them no reply to that either.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby sanguar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I got a canned "check your status checker" email. Um, Meeeechigan, that's hard to do when I haven't gotten one yet.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
sanguar wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:Dear Michigan,

It's me rbarcelo9. Just writing to let you know that you are still on my mind, and patiently awaiting my status checker. I know you are busy, and I hate to be a burden. But, it has been over a month now and I'm beginning to think you forgot about me. Please Michigan don't forget about me. We were meant for each other.

Love always,
rbarcelo9


+1


+1 over a month here too. I emailed them no reply to that either.

I'm waiting for 6 weeks and then I think I'm going to call the admissions office. I don't want to add to the paper back up I'm sure they are experiencing over there.

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 123xalady » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 pm

In via admitted students site! Sent 10/26 status checker 11/11--LSN in profile.

edit: no held email

granger
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby granger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:01 pm

123xalady wrote:In via admitted students site! Sent 10/26 status checker 11/11--LSN in profile.

edit: no held email


think i hate you :(

joking! congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apricots, champagnepapi, hammy393, Long shot hero, nubcs and 11 guests