Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ilovemulch
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby ilovemulch » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:38 am

thecilent wrote:
beleaguer wrote:are acceptances to all schools mostly by mail? as fun as it is to rip open an envelope and sustain multiple papercuts, i'd almost rather get an email and know faster.


I've gotten a phone call and an email so far. It varies, but I think most aren't first through snail mail


2 emails so far
Last edited by ilovemulch on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby hellome » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 am

ugh michigan, you're KILLING me.......

it also doesn't help that i'm abroad and my time zone is way off from the states
:cry:

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby cigrainger » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:13 am

hellome wrote:ugh michigan, you're KILLING me.......

it also doesn't help that i'm abroad and my time zone is way off from the states
:cry:


Exactly, I'm 12 hours ahead and its making me jolt up in the middle of the night with an urge to check my statuses.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby hellome » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 am

cigrainger wrote:
hellome wrote:ugh michigan, you're KILLING me.......

it also doesn't help that i'm abroad and my time zone is way off from the states
:cry:


Exactly, I'm 12 hours ahead and its making me jolt up in the middle of the night with an urge to check my statuses.


haha yes, I feel your pain.
I'm more than 12 hours ahead :cry:

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 am

Well it's 9 AM and I'm still complete, so I guess that's it for today :(

User avatar
Dinho
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Dinho » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 am

dulcatis wrote:Well it's 9 AM and I'm still complete, so I guess that's it for today :(


Has it updated today? I don't know why I'm obsessing -- as an EDer I don't think we hear for a couple weeks if accepted.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:14 am

Dinho wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Well it's 9 AM and I'm still complete, so I guess that's it for today :(


Has it updated today? I don't know why I'm obsessing -- as an EDer I don't think we hear for a couple weeks if accepted.


I dunno, but when people checked yesterday around this time there were already "decision" statuses up.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am

dulcatis wrote:
Dinho wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Well it's 9 AM and I'm still complete, so I guess that's it for today :(


Has it updated today? I don't know why I'm obsessing -- as an EDer I don't think we hear for a couple weeks if accepted.


I dunno, but when people checked yesterday around this time there were already "decision" statuses up.


My update date is still yesterday.

almostfamous
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby almostfamous » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 am

My date still hasn't updated for today, so maybe they haven't changed anyone's statuses yet?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:29 am

Yeah my date says yesterday as well. They just haven't done anything yet. Dulcat, breatheeeeee

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 pm

TODAY had to be the day statuses didn't update in the morning? Siiigh.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby cigrainger » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm

:cry:

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm

arism87 wrote:TODAY had to be the day statuses didn't update in the morning? Siiigh.


Srsly :( I thought I'd be able to check once and calm down...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:14 pm

dulcatis wrote:
arism87 wrote:TODAY had to be the day statuses didn't update in the morning? Siiigh.


Srsly :( I thought I'd be able to check once and calm down...


People with >75th GPA and LSAT should not freak out. And everyone needs to have some more patience. I might need to write a new FAQ here :P.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
arism87 wrote:TODAY had to be the day statuses didn't update in the morning? Siiigh.


Srsly :( I thought I'd be able to check once and calm down...


People with >75th GPA and LSAT should not freak out. And everyone needs to have some more patience. I might need to write a new FAQ here :P.


I mean, there's the very real issue of YP :P

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:18 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
arism87 wrote:TODAY had to be the day statuses didn't update in the morning? Siiigh.


Srsly :( I thought I'd be able to check once and calm down...


People with >75th GPA and LSAT should not freak out. And everyone needs to have some more patience. I might need to write a new FAQ here :P.


I mean, there's the very real issue of YP :P


I think we/they can tell you actually want to go to Michigan. Plus I don't think your numbers are high enough at all to get YP'd at Michigan. QF arrogance.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Srsly :( I thought I'd be able to check once and calm down...


People with >75th GPA and LSAT should not freak out. And everyone needs to have some more patience. I might need to write a new FAQ here :P.


I mean, there's the very real issue of YP :P


I think we/they can tell you actually want to go to Michigan. Plus I don't think your numbers are high enough at all to get YP'd at Michigan. QF arrogance.


YP or whatever, this scares me:
http://michigan.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... ,8&type=jd

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Knock wrote:
People with >75th GPA and LSAT should not freak out. And everyone needs to have some more patience. I might need to write a new FAQ here :P.


I mean, there's the very real issue of YP :P


I think we/they can tell you actually want to go to Michigan. Plus I don't think your numbers are high enough at all to get YP'd at Michigan. QF arrogance.


YP or whatever, this scares me:
http://michigan.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... ,8&type=jd


I think your good. And if you don't get in Mich you are going to sweep CCN so.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:28 pm

Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:I mean, there's the very real issue of YP :P


I think we/they can tell you actually want to go to Michigan. Plus I don't think your numbers are high enough at all to get YP'd at Michigan. QF arrogance.


She def has numbers that can get YPd without a Why Mich?..

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:30 pm

Well I wrote a Why Mich. I just hope it's good enough :(

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:34 pm

dulcatis wrote:YP or whatever, this scares me:
http://michigan.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... ,8&type=jd


dulcatis, these numbers do not prove YP since those were waitlisted had comparable numbers to those who were accepted. Maybe there were some differences in terms of softs.

Knock is right, though. You shouldn't be worry.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:36 pm

dulcatis wrote:Well I wrote a Why Mich. I just hope it's good enough :(


Yeah, if you wrote a Why Mich? then you are fine. Stop with the sad faces.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby 4102011 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 pm

It's a bad sign when I'm considered obsessive/crazy on TLS. I think I need to be tranq'd.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 pm

dulcatis wrote:It's a bad sign when I'm considered obsessive/crazy on TLS. I think I need to be tranq'd.


LOL, I don't think anyone considers you obsessive. I will be all over the place too, if I am not an EDer and know my decision may not come out for another two weeks.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 pm

tbldc2009 wrote:
dulcatis wrote:It's a bad sign when I'm considered obsessive/crazy on TLS. I think I need to be tranq'd.


LOL, I don't think anyone considers you obsessive. I will be all over the place too, if I am not an EDer and know my decision may not come out for another two weeks.

Whoah, don't get ahead of yourself fella. I consider her obsessive.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, ac8876a, ad34964n, Anon.y.mousse., Assasindowntheavenue, Baidu [Spider], cd1945, Commoncourtesy, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, Guyver, jtawil, Keilz, lawlawland16, lvlaw3, mccracal, mrtux45, NotAGolfer, proteinshake, TecumsehSherman, TudoBem, yuppitsme, zeglo and 47 guests