Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AEM2010

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby AEM2010 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Entchen wrote:
AEM2010 wrote:We should definitely have a umich dc summer start happy hour. 18th st. lounge anyone?

I'm in! But not today or tomorrow, kthx.

ya, how about after exams are over. until them i'm stuck in the library, staring out the window looking at the winter wonderland that is dc.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:21 pm

AEM2010 wrote:
Entchen wrote:
AEM2010 wrote:We should definitely have a umich dc summer start happy hour. 18th st. lounge anyone?

ya, how about after exams are over. until them i'm stuck in the library, staring out the window looking at the winter wonderland that is dc.

I'm not available tonight/tomorrow/Saturday, but Sunday through Wednesday work for me (and then I'm out of here for winter break).
+1 to the studying with the winter wonderland outside. Except (time spent on TLS)>(time spent studying) (which explains my GPA).

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
AEM2010 wrote:I'm another one too!

YAY! you should join us as well, mass tls dc to aa happy hour!

Me too!

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:23 pm

AEM2010 wrote:
Entchen wrote:

Sure, i already have entchen and cm's but if you guys pm me your e-mail addresses we can coordinate a date/time/location (i also love 18thst lounge)

AEM2010

Postby AEM2010 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
AEM2010 wrote:
Entchen wrote:

I'm not available tonight/tomorrow/Saturday, but Sunday through Wednesday work for me (and then I'm out of here for winter break).
+1 to the studying with the winter wonderland outside. Except (time spent on TLS)>(time spent studying) (which explains my GPA).

+1, I think today will be the first time that I've ever gone into a final exam having studied basically not at all. its so hard to motivate myself now that I'm into law school. goofing off >(fun wise) studying.

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Wow, does anyone in this thread NOT live in DC?

I approve, btws. DC is awesome. Especially when it's snowy <3

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Entchen wrote:Wow, does anyone in this thread NOT live in DC?

Agreed =)

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

jpk5372 wrote:

Agreed =)

I'm going to miss the view from my room. Key Bridge + Rosslyn + the Potomac, all the way out to the Washington Monument and Roosevelt Memorial (wait, not Roosevelt; I mean Jefferson) on the far end of what I can see. Ahh!
And it's so beautiful with the snow (not that I can see that far with the snow; I can barely see the Key Bridge).
Last edited by applepiecrust on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm

aww this thread makes me happy. I wanna join the mass dc --> aa crew...now only to get IN =)

CryingMonkey

Postby CryingMonkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:35 pm

MissLucky wrote:

aww this thread makes me happy. I wanna join the mass dc --> aa crew...now only to get IN =)

I live in Adam's Morgan...not much of a view, unless you like Safeway, but I can fall out of bed and be on 18th street.

This has been good for my liver.

That is a lie.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Fuck its snowing! My weak co-workers hadn't even bothered to tell me (which gives you and idea how far away I am from anyone important enough to have a window lol).

And DC sucks in the snow bc no one (including myself) know how to drive in the snow.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 pm

AreJay711 wrote:Fuck its snowing! My weak co-workers hadn't even bothered to tell me (which gives you and idea how far away I am from anyone important enough to have a window lol).

And DC sucks in the snow bc no one (including myself) know how to drive in the snow.

And the District just straight up shuts down (ahem...last year...)

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:37 pm

AreJay711 wrote:Fuck its snowing! My weak co-workers hadn't even bothered to tell me (which gives you and idea how far away I am from anyone important enough to have a window lol).

LOL, DC wins in the snow because school gets canceled, lol.
(What, I grew up in a tropical country. I never had snow days growing up!)

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:38 pm

MissLucky wrote:

This thread makes me all kinds of happy, from Harry Potter/Hogwarts references to DC-bonding.

Edit: Ok, back to studying. ZERO motivation left. This is what senioritis feels like?
Last edited by applepiecrust on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 pm

CryingMonkey wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

I live in Adam's Morgan...not much of a view, unless you like Safeway, but I can fall out of bed and be on 18th street.

This has been good for my liver.

That is a lie.

lucky.....i'm in convention center. no bars around unless i want to drop $$$$ at the passenger

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm in Glover Park. There are a couple of bars near me, but it's such a damn chore to get anywhere else. Boo. I was living really near the underground metro last year, so the snow did not hamper my ability to get around at all, but it did mean I got like 5 extra paid days off work. This year, seriously not sure how I'd get out of my house. Hoping for a repeat anyway, though.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Entchen wrote:I'm in Glover Park. There are a couple of bars near me, but it's such a damn chore to get anywhere else. Boo. I was living really near the underground metro last year, so the snow did not hamper my ability to get around at all, but it did mean I got like 5 extra paid days off work. This year, seriously not sure how I'd get out of my house. Hoping for a repeat anyway, though.

Embrace the D2. I use it all the time, because I frequently miss the G2 from Dupont.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:46 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
Entchen wrote:I'm in Glover Park. There are a couple of bars near me, but it's such a damn chore to get anywhere else. Boo. I was living really near the underground metro last year, so the snow did not hamper my ability to get around at all, but it did mean I got like 5 extra paid days off work. This year, seriously not sure how I'd get out of my house. Hoping for a repeat anyway, though.

Embrace the D2. I use it all the time, because I frequently miss the G2 from Dupont.

awww you are a Hoya? I so miss undergrad! Enjoy Lau while you can ;) haha...

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:46 pm

jpk5372 wrote:was able to login to asw today...eep!!!!
(submitted mid-oct, complete early nov. for those keeping track)

Same here! Congrats to everyone! And +1000000 to the snow falling in dc today... makes walking out of finals that much sweeter.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm

MissLucky wrote:

I am avoiding Lau like the plague. Well, I avoid it as a matter of principle. Perks of having a double to myself include actually being able to study in my room (except, I am STILL on TLS).
(And, hey, fellow Hoya! What class?)

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

valengina wrote:

Same here! Congrats to everyone! And +1000000 to the snow falling in dc today... makes walking out of finals that much sweeter.

Yay! Another DC trooper! (Also an undergrad?)

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

applepiecrust wrote:

Oh I do! I live about 1 block from one of its stops. But it only comes like every 20 minutes and I'm impatient. I can also get the 30s from Wisconsin, so it's really not THAT bad, but I do miss the Metro sometimes when it's cold or I'm going far.

Haha, last night I missed the D2 and had to take the G2 and switch at Wisc. Yay neighbors :D
Last edited by Entchen on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paisaaa

Postby paisaaa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
valengina wrote:

Yay! Another DC trooper! (Also an undergrad?)

Yes, yes. Never been to a Colonials' game. Ever. Where are you posted?

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

I am avoiding Lau like the plague. Well, I avoid it as a matter of principle. Perks of having a double to myself include actually being able to study in my room (except, I am STILL on TLS).
(And, hey, fellow Hoya! What class?)

...oohh that sounds nice! (i'm an '09er)
good luck with finals! 1st semester senior year was actually my best :D although, with those great acceptances under your belt, you have little incentive left...!

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Lol I'm not, I had to drive back from school in Baltimore in the first snowstorm (at around 12 pm bc I was an RA). 95? Disaster. 495? Clusterfuck. Rt 5/Branch Ave into PG? Clear? County road 231? immaculate?!? WTF

Plus I'm working for a construction company this break so warmer = better.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”