Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WhatSarahSaid

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

kdubb513 wrote:Got the email 11/18 about looking for a status checker and still have not received it. Anyone else still waiting?

Same here.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Just got my checker. My first email came on 11/22

masterthearts

Postby masterthearts » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:11 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Ok, I've been dreading this question but I have to ask.

So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)

Is the reason I haven't heard anything back in 3.5 months because I was left out of the summer start option? I mean, I realize that could seem like wishful thinking but I need to hear something from/about this school or I'm going to go crazy. On the app even I wrote that this was my #1 school and I would have applied ED if it wasn't for my job. I have seen people with very similar #s getting accepted left and right, which does not help.

Can someone with a shred of sanity left please quell my fears?????? I can't stand it anymore.

(BTW, I have been out of school for a year and have pretty good softs.)

If you can help, THANKS!!!

Pretty interesting. My fee waiver letter also had a handwritten note at the bottom from Dean Z saying "we love xxxxxcollege grads"...I don't want to disclose the name of my school but it's not Wisconsin, and she also said she loves grads from my school. I guess her letters are not too sincere.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:13 pm

masterthearts wrote:Pretty interesting. My fee waiver letter also had a handwritten note at the bottom from Dean Z saying "we love xxxxxcollege grads"...I don't want to disclose the name of my school but it's not Wisconsin, and she also said she loves grads from my school. I guess her letters are not too sincere.

She loves grads of all schools that raise the medians :)

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:15 pm

just got my status checker. Submitted 11/18 or so, got an email saying they got my initial materials 11/23

supahstahxruv

Postby supahstahxruv » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:Pretty interesting. My fee waiver letter also had a handwritten note at the bottom from Dean Z saying "we love xxxxxcollege grads"...I don't want to disclose the name of my school but it's not Wisconsin, and she also said she loves grads from my school. I guess her letters are not too sincere.

She loves grads of all schools that raise the medians :)

yup and i got a letter saying they loved my major

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Just got a status checker email. Submitted 11/12, email saying the initial parts of my application 11/17. Please Dean Z, let me in.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:59 pm

masterthearts wrote:

So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)

Is the reason I haven't heard anything back in 3.5 months because I was left out of the summer start option? I mean, I realize that could seem like wishful thinking but I need to hear something from/about this school or I'm going to go crazy. On the app even I wrote that this was my #1 school and I would have applied ED if it wasn't for my job. I have seen people with very similar #s getting accepted left and right, which does not help.

Can someone with a shred of sanity left please quell my fears?????? I can't stand it anymore.

Pretty interesting. My fee waiver letter also had a handwritten note at the bottom from Dean Z saying "we love xxxxxcollege grads"...I don't want to disclose the name of my school but it's not Wisconsin, and she also said she loves grads from my school. I guess her letters are not too sincere.

I did not get a note on my fee waiver :(
However, I did happen to see that her "signature" is on two sheets, and are completely different. One is clearly copied and looks more like it contains an "S" for her first name, but the other is clearly handwritten and looks like a giant A. Interesting...

logistikon

Postby logistikon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:06 pm

status checker 12/15 :mrgreen:

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm

FINALLY a status checker :D

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Kili wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)

Hello fellow Badger :)

Omg you're a Hufflepuff????

Yes, Hogwarts references make everything better!
(And I am actually still sad about not getting a Hogwarts letter. That's why I find myself at Hogwarts-like schools for both undergrad and law, clearly.)

ITT we wait for letters (and emails about status checkers, I guess) from Hogwarts and Michigan Law. Does Michigan also use owls? I want to know why my admissions package is not here yet.

moneko

Postby moneko » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Last edited by moneko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:55 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

I did not get a note on my fee waiver :(
However, I did happen to see that her "signature" is on two sheets, and are completely different. One is clearly copied and looks more like it contains an "S" for her first name, but the other is clearly handwritten and looks like a giant A. Interesting...

eeeek thank you for the input but this still is not answering my question. if i don't hear anything soon, i am writing santa for it and mailing a letter along with my tears enclosed to the north pole.

neonx

Postby neonx » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Is there an "Under Review" status?

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

coolymx

Postby coolymx » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 pm

STATUS CHECKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! christmas came early this year.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm

coolymx wrote:STATUS CHECKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! christmas came early this year.

hanukkah came late :(

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Kili wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:
neonx wrote:Is there an "Under Review" status?

No. Just Complete then Decision Sent.

What's been the turn around time for decisions?

I don't know the average, but mine was pretty quick -- Applied 10/6, Status checker 10/26, Admitted 11/15. I actually got my letter the same day it updated to "decision", so their delayed update idea clearly is pretty accurate!

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:35 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
Kili wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:
neonx wrote:Is there an "Under Review" status?

No. Just Complete then Decision Sent.

What's been the turn around time for decisions?

I don't know the average, but mine was pretty quick -- Applied 10/6, Status checker 10/26, Admitted 11/15. I actually got my letter the same day it updated to "decision", so their delayed update idea clearly is pretty accurate!

Except when my freaking undergrad's mail system delays mail by WEEKS!
I'm also mad at my undergrad's law school for throwing me in a pool that hasn't been looked at since 11/22 but that's ok. I don't really care anymore (Except, seriously? After everything I've done for/at that school?)
Last edited by applepiecrust on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:37 pm

applepiecrust wrote: (Except, seriously? After everything I've for/at that school?)

Story of my life.

applepiecrust

Postby applepiecrust » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
applepiecrust wrote: (Except, seriously? After everything I've for/at that school?)

Story of my life.

Oh, to have my fails quoted. That was supposed to be "after everything I've done for/at that school".
Should've figured I wouldn't get in there though. My numbers are low for them (and Michigan's a better school).

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Because I know the Michigan thread loves its updates:

Sent: 11/17

Received: 11/23

Status Check: 12/15

Y'all is welcome!

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Still no joy today. :(