Michigan 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bmore

Bronze

Re: Michigan 2011

Post by bmore » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

archie&veronica wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:
Dwigt wrote:Are any 10/26ers still left (other than me)?

The waiting is brutal, especially with many other 10/26ers having decisions already
I'm glad I am not the only 10/26er left! I am between median and 75th for both GPA and LSAT, and I wrote a Why Michigan. I've gotten into several other great schools so I don't think there's some glaring error in my application. The only red flag I could think of on my application is that I'm a bit on the young side. Hopefully Dean Z wakes up tomorrow and realizes how much she loves us :D
Another 10/26er here... above both 75% and did one of the optional essays
Add me to the club. Above 75% both. In GULC, Cornell and NYU. Young too. :cry:

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

bmore wrote:
archie&veronica wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:

The waiting is brutal, especially with many other 10/26ers having decisions already
I'm glad I am not the only 10/26er left! I am between median and 75th for both GPA and LSAT, and I wrote a Why Michigan. I've gotten into several other great schools so I don't think there's some glaring error in my application. The only red flag I could think of on my application is that I'm a bit on the young side. Hopefully Dean Z wakes up tomorrow and realizes how much she loves us :D
Congrats on the great acceptances, and fantastic numbers.
How young is young, by the way? I have a feeling all you young smart folk are going to make me feel old and dumb.

Dwigt

New

Post by Dwigt » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 pm

bmore wrote:
archie&veronica wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:

Click on over to this thread! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=140941

beatrock

New

Post by beatrock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Does anybody have the link to the admitted students site?

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:37 pm

beatrock wrote:Does anybody have the link to the admitted students site?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=michigan+law+schoo ... dents+site

beatrock

New

Post by beatrock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Touché

ilovemulch

Bronze

Post by ilovemulch » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:22 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:

Also, a 10/26 completer! Above 75% LSAT, just about at median GPA, wrote an optional essay as well. :/ Guess I'll join the commiseration thread! (oh, in @ Duke and Gtown so far..waiting on the rest)

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Ok, I've been dreading this question but I have to ask.

So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)

Is the reason I haven't heard anything back in 3.5 months because I was left out of the summer start option? I mean, I realize that could seem like wishful thinking but I need to hear something from/about this school or I'm going to go crazy. On the app even I wrote that this was my #1 school and I would have applied ED if it wasn't for my job. I have seen people with very similar #s getting accepted left and right, which does not help.

Can someone with a shred of sanity left please quell my fears?????? I can't stand it anymore.

(BTW, I have been out of school for a year and have pretty good softs.)

If you can help, THANKS!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Ok, I've been dreading this question but I have to ask.

So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)

Is the reason I haven't heard anything back in 3.5 months because I was left out of the summer start option? I mean, I realize that could seem like wishful thinking but I need to hear something from/about this school or I'm going to go crazy. On the app even I wrote that this was my #1 school and I would have applied ED if it wasn't for my job. I have seen people with very similar #s getting accepted left and right, which does not help.

Can someone with a shred of sanity left please quell my fears?????? I can't stand it anymore.

(BTW, I have been out of school for a year and have pretty good softs.)

If you can help, THANKS!!!

It's worth mentioning that I'm not a URM, but if you want to PM me I will let you know a little more about me in what might be considered this arena.

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm

The fact that you haven't heard back isn't exactly a good sign. None of us works in the Michigan admissions office, though. Look up the applicants this year and look at when they applied and heard back. Obviously, until you get a decision, there's no way of knowing what will happen. Since it's completely out of your hands, why worry about it? Worrying won't get you in.

http://michigan.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA . . . I submitted my app September 3 . . . currently working at an AmeriCorps job . . . On the app even I wrote that this was my #1 school and I would have applied ED if it wasn't for my job.
I'd friggin take you if I were Dean Z. Don't lose all hope just yet. I'm still UR at NYU even though I submitted my app in September and have already gotten into two higher-ranked schools. Michigan's already accepted plenty of people with numbers like yours, sure, but Admissions also has thousands of apps to sort through.

yoitsmebenny

Bronze

Post by yoitsmebenny » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote: So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)
Hello fellow Badger :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:20 pm

Kili wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: So Michigan Law is the place I've been wanting to go for years. I graduated with a 3.941 UGPA at UW (Honors Program, Liberal Arts) and a 167 on the LSAT; I took it once. At the beginning of September I got a nice letter and a fee waiver from the school (Dean Z wrote "We love to get Wisco grads!" on the bottom of the letter.) I submitted my app September 3 - it was the FIRST app I sent out for sure, and with reason. BUT I am currently working at an AmeriCorps job that doesn't end until June 31, so I couldn't apply for summer start (also the only reason I didn't apply ED to Mich.)
Omg you're a Hufflepuff????
:lol:

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Kili wrote:
yoitsmebenny wrote:
Omg you're a Hufflepuff????
Ahahaha <3 HP REFERENCES IN MICHIGAN THREAD=EPIC WIN.

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CryingMonkey

Bronze

Post by CryingMonkey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Kili wrote: I may or may not have cried when I didn't get a Hogwarts Letter in the mail as a kid.
Um, I'm still waiting.

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 pm

CryingMonkey wrote:
Kili wrote: I may or may not have cried when I didn't get a Hogwarts Letter in the mail as a kid.
Um, I'm still waiting.
+1.

It's on its way. I know it is.

kdubb513

New

Post by kdubb513 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Got the email 11/18 about looking for a status checker and still have not received it. Anyone else still waiting?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MillerTime

Bronze

Post by MillerTime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 pm

kdubb513 wrote:Got the email 11/18 about looking for a status checker and still have not received it. Anyone else still waiting?
I got my email on 11/22. I called the office today and they said that the status checker emails go out once a week, and I guess on Wednesdays. She said that if I didn't get it today, I would probably get it next week. If I didn't have something by next week, to call or email them to see what's up. Also, she made a point to tell me to check my spam folder.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm

kdubb513 wrote:Got the email 11/18 about looking for a status checker and still have not received it. Anyone else still waiting?
My checker has been working for a few days but I still have not received the checker email. (I already have a UMID)

coug11

Bronze

Post by coug11 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Just received mine, app received 11/22.

CryingMonkey

Bronze

Post by CryingMonkey » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

my status checker got caught in my spam folder, definitely check that out.

has anyone thought about the asw yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”