Michigan 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:12 pm

omg LOVE DEAN Z!

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 pm

snickersnicker wrote:Either way, it's probably not good for your health. If you're that bent on knowing that you got in THEEXACTINSTANTITHAPPENS, you probably won't be able to handle the strain of waiting a month for JJ White to give you your C+ in contracts.


This is funny.

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby kazu » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 pm

hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!

Me toooooooo.

Also, this:

Zearfoss wrote:(I have been advised to tell you all that I won't be monitoring my TLS message inbox. In other words, you'll be free of me after this.)

made me laugh :lol:

Please let me in please please pretty please.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby NZA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:37 pm

hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!


She seems to be, like, the only admissions Dean in the universe that people know by name. And I do enjoy reading her blog...

snickersnicker
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby snickersnicker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm

tea_drinker wrote:
snickersnicker wrote:Either way, it's probably not good for your health. If you're that bent on knowing that you got in THEEXACTINSTANTITHAPPENS, you probably won't be able to handle the strain of waiting a month for JJ White to give you your C+ in contracts.


This is funny.


It's always funny until it happens to you. Somewhat funny again when you ace torts without even doing an outline and your GPA ends up being semi-acceptable. Not funny again when you start having recurring UCC 2-207 nightmares.

Also, yes, Dean Z is awesome. So is Dean Baum, the student activities dean. Good people here at UM.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm

NZA wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!


She seems to be, like, the only admissions Dean in the universe that people know by name. And I do enjoy reading her blog...


Asha is tough competition, let's be fair!

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

I may be tls shunned for saying this, but i am NOT ASHAMED:

DEAN Z > ASHA

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby tea_drinker » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 pm

snickersnicker wrote:
tea_drinker wrote:
snickersnicker wrote:Either way, it's probably not good for your health. If you're that bent on knowing that you got in THEEXACTINSTANTITHAPPENS, you probably won't be able to handle the strain of waiting a month for JJ White to give you your C+ in contracts.


This is funny.


It's always funny until it happens to you. Somewhat funny again when you ace torts without even doing an outline and your GPA ends up being semi-acceptable. Not funny again when you start having recurring UCC 2-207 nightmares.

Also, yes, Dean Z is awesome. So is Dean Baum, the student activities dean. Good people here at UM.


I was referring to all of overly eager 0Ls here on TLS (me included). But, here is hoping I can have a chance to experience that roller coaster ride of emotion.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 pm

hipstermafia wrote:I may be tls shunned for saying this, but i am NOT ASHAMED:

DEAN Z > ASHA


Well.. Dean Z already let me in and I'm still praying beyond all odds that Asha will follow suit.. so I'm most preoccupied with sucking up to her right now.

But objectively.. I <3 them both very much!

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby MissLucky » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 pm

NZA wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!


She seems to be, like, the only admissions Dean in the universe that people know by name. And I do enjoy reading her blog...


what's the site?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:21 pm

MissLucky wrote:
NZA wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!


She seems to be, like, the only admissions Dean in the universe that people know by name. And I do enjoy reading her blog...


what's the site?


http://lmgtfy.com/

Sorry, had to. http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z/default.aspx

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby NZA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:14 pm

arism87 wrote:
MissLucky wrote:
NZA wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!


She seems to be, like, the only admissions Dean in the universe that people know by name. And I do enjoy reading her blog...


what's the site?


http://lmgtfy.com/


One of my favorites:

Dean Z. wrote:After you’ve been a lawyer for some period, I think you tend, if anything, to avoid talking about being a lawyer lest people start asking you for advice and later name you as a witness in a lawsuit claiming that they were acting on your legal advice when they said something really stupid to their employer, thus forcing you to attend a deposition to explain that you in fact were just listening to that person blab on about their work problems and did not intend to be giving any advice, legal or otherwise. (How did I come up with that random example? Yes, that actually happened to me.)

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

..

Postby Muenchen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:36 pm

..
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:51 am

hipstermafia wrote:omg LOVE DEAN Z!

masson
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby masson » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:04 am

Is Michigan slow in processing files? I submitted on 11/22, but haven't heard a thing, not even recognition of receiving my application. Should I be worried???

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:05 am

masson wrote:Is Michigan slow in processing files? I submitted on 11/22, but haven't heard a thing, not even recognition of receiving my application. Should I be worried???


No.

masson
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby masson » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am

Knock wrote:
masson wrote:Is Michigan slow in processing files? I submitted on 11/22, but haven't heard a thing, not even recognition of receiving my application. Should I be worried???


No.

Thanks!

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby $1.99 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am

submitted early november and still nothing here too

User avatar
wackyjack22
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby wackyjack22 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 am

hipstermafia wrote:I may be tls shunned for saying this, but i am NOT ASHAMED:

DEAN Z > ASHA


I don't think I would have been a consideration for Asha so she is not bogged down by my file. Knowing what I do about Dean Z, though, makes me think that she would still win hands down. Z is absolutely amazing and while she has countless other things to do (admit the people on here who are still waiting perhaps?) she took the time to personally email me back and put me in contact with other awesome Mich law people. I think she is actually human and might just have a super compassionate heart. Cheers to her for creating an awesome Mich law community.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 am

wackyjack22 wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:I may be tls shunned for saying this, but i am NOT ASHAMED:

DEAN Z > ASHA


I don't think I would have been a consideration for Asha so she is not bogged down by my file. Knowing what I do about Dean Z, though, makes me think that she would still win hands down. Z is absolutely amazing and while she has countless other things to do (admit the people on here who are still waiting perhaps?) she took the time to personally email me back and put me in contact with other awesome Mich law people. I think she is actually human and might just have a super compassionate heart. Cheers to her for creating an awesome Mich law community.

Dibs!

DreamShake
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby DreamShake » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 am

seancooksey07 wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:I may be tls shunned for saying this, but i am NOT ASHAMED:

DEAN Z > ASHA


TITCR.


+1. Asha frequently tends to come off as inadvertently condescending on her 203 blog, and Dean Z simply seems more human than other deans. Although the assertion that checking does not indicate interest, but "boredom or neuroticism," is kind of unsettling. She's always seemed like someone who understands that this process is insanely stressful for many people. Given her record, I'm chalking that position up to bad transcribing or a misunderstanding w/the person who had talked to her. SZ FTW!

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:41 am

DreamShake wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:I may be tls shunned for saying this, but i am NOT ASHAMED:

DEAN Z > ASHA


TITCR.


+1. Asha frequently tends to come off as inadvertently condescending on her 203 blog, and Dean Z simply seems more human than other deans. Although the assertion that checking does not indicate interest, but "boredom or neuroticism," is kind of unsettling. She's always seemed like someone who understands that this process is insanely stressful for many people. Given her record, I'm chalking that position up to bad transcribing or a misunderstanding w/the person who had talked to her. SZ FTW!


I think neuroticism is dead on lol.

DreamShake
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby DreamShake » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:13 am

I agree, but the word itself lends an unequivocally negative air to the discussion. I think that's unwarranted, given how stressful the process is. She's always seemed much more diplomatic than that (as evidenced by her own post).

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby NZA » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 am

DreamShake wrote:I agree, but the word itself lends an unequivocally negative air to the discussion. I think that's unwarranted, given how stressful the process is. She's always seemed much more diplomatic than that (as evidenced by her own post).


If the admissions dean of a major law school suggests that people are taking the application process to a place that it need not be taken (emotionally/fetishtically/psychologically/whatever), I think she'd be one of the people whose word we ought to take. :D

I say, if you have a worry, take a drink. Or give a little whistle. And always let your conscience be your guide.

EDIT: Fetishically apparently isn't a word.
Last edited by NZA on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

U-Bahn
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:14 am

Re: Michigan 2011

Postby U-Bahn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:50 am

masson wrote:Is Michigan slow in processing files? I submitted on 11/22, but haven't heard a thing, not even recognition of receiving my application. Should I be worried???



I submitted mine on 11/21, and I just received an acknowledgement e-mail yesterday.

I guess the thanksgiving slowed down the process a little bit, but other than that, no worries.


Oh, and has anyone here applied for "Deferred Admission Program"?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Christinabruin, cyclawps, Hopefullawkid2015, SuperAverageJoe and 26 guests