Michigan 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheStrand

Bronze

Re: Michigan 2011

Post by TheStrand » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm

blowhard wrote: Edit: And I PROMISE I am not secretly a member of the staff or something...lol. I realize that I sound like it in my posts today...
Lol with your 2601 posts, I'm not sure I would mind if you were a secret member of the staff. That would just be a ridiculous amount of time and effort spent infiltrating the top-law-schools forum and I think I would be more amused than paranoid.

@mr_toad re USC admissions. Speculating that the answer to that question is no. I EDed to Michigan and decided when I told Michigan I was absolutely going to attend, I meant I was really going to attend so I withdrew my app to USC. Received an acknowledgment a full 18 working business days later (~four weeks.)

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:37 pm

I love dean Z SO MUCH

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:38 pm

hipstermafia wrote:I love dean Z SO MUCH
PLUS ONE.

Why would someone lie about that?

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:41 pm

@TheStrand
[edited to remove wrong quote]
Not surprised. USC is getting some serious hate over in their forum. I, for one, care little. It's not painful when NO ONE (ok, a couple here and there) is getting accepted.
Last edited by mr_toad on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Entchen wrote:
PLUS ONE.

Seriously lol. Good for Dean Z though, that was awesome!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Entchen wrote:
PLUS ONE.

Sadly i feel like this kind of thing happens a lot on tls, the anonymity makes it easy for people to not tell the (whole) truth. Maybe he/she was rejected or just hates wolverines, we may never know :)

As much as we love TLS, the best response to an admissions concern or question is ALWAYS going to be to contact the admissions office directly.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:46 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
Entchen wrote:
PLUS ONE.

Sadly i feel like this kind of thing happens a lot on tls, the anonymity makes it easy for people to not tell the (whole) truth. Maybe he/she was rejected or just hates wolverines, we may never know :)

As much as we love TLS, the best response to an admissions concern or question is ALWAYS going to be to contact the admissions office directly.
+1

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
Entchen wrote:
PLUS ONE.

+1

Where TLS shines is with essay editing, support groups, & baseless speculation/going stir crazy (see: CLS thread)

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:48 pm

RE the "hold" e-mail:

After speaking with Dean Z, my prior speculation about the e-mail was correct. It was simply a status e-mail so people weren't going long periods without hearing anything. It was sent to everyone who applied on or before a certain date where a decision had not yet been made. It doesn't in any way reflect the likelihood of being admitted or not.

I know a lot of schools screw around with their applicants. Dean Z seriously doesn't. I know it's hard, but try not to read into these kinds of things. If you have concerns, call or e-mail, or PM a current student.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 pm

blowhard wrote:RE the "hold" e-mail:

After speaking with Dean Z, my prior speculation about the e-mail was correct. It was simply a status e-mail so people weren't going long periods without hearing anything. It was sent to everyone who applied on or before a certain date where a decision had not yet been made. It doesn't in any way reflect the likelihood of being admitted or not.

I know a lot of schools screw around with their applicants. Dean Z seriously doesn't. I know it's hard, but try not to read into these kinds of things. If you have concerns, call or e-mail, or PM a current student.
Students like you, and a dean like Dean Z are just two more reasons why I'd love love love to go to Michigan!

Thanks for all your input!

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks for the clarification!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:54 pm

akili wrote:

Students like you, and a dean like Dean Z are just two more reasons why I'd love love love to go to Michigan!

Thanks for all your input!
:oops: Thanks? Just trying to help quell some of the 0L craziness.

die Zauberflote

Bronze

Post by die Zauberflote » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 pm

In my acceptance packet I got a thumb drive containing a video about Michigan. However, the last half of the video was corrupted...can I find that video anywhere online?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:05 pm

die Zauberflote wrote:In my acceptance packet I got a thumb drive containing a video about Michigan. However, the last half of the video was corrupted...can I find that video anywhere online?
There was a link to it on the admitted site last year.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 pm

I don't think I've lurked a thread this badly since I used TLS as a guest this past summer! <3

TheStrand

Bronze

Post by TheStrand » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:10 pm

mr_toad wrote:@TheStrand
[edited to remove wrong quote]
Not surprised. USC is getting some serious hate over in their forum. I, for one, care little. It's not painful when NO ONE (ok, a couple here and there) is getting accepted.
Haha you must be a more rational and calm person than I am; I remember the wait to hear back from schools as being pretty painful; the constant "MAYBE they've updated the status checker in the last hour! Nobody on TLS knows for sure they only update once a day right??" and the "WHY DOES IT STILL JUST SAY PROCESSING" versus the "Oh god, they'll know I've checked it a million times and they'll think I'm insane" was nerve wracking.

die Zauberflote

Bronze

Post by die Zauberflote » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm

blowhard wrote:
die Zauberflote wrote:In my acceptance packet I got a thumb drive containing a video about Michigan. However, the last half of the video was corrupted...can I find that video anywhere online?
It's broken too...

Makes me wonder a little bit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:20 pm

die Zauberflote wrote:
blowhard wrote:
It's broken too...

Makes me wonder a little bit.
Email the admissions office and let them know so they can fix it.

TheStrand

Bronze

Post by TheStrand » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:21 pm

http://students.law.umich.edu/avlaw/Com ... sions.html

Just tested it and it should be fine after a little load time.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:38 pm

TheStrand wrote:

Thanks for sharing! My flash drive was corrupted as well :(

die Zauberflote

Bronze

Post by die Zauberflote » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:08 pm

TheStrand wrote:

Thanks...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 am

akili wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Dean Z is a class act
Agreed.
+1

lshamlet

Bronze

Post by lshamlet » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:37 am

Hey, thank you very much for finding that out Blowhard. I, and (as you can see) others really appreciate that. I agree with whomever said that Dean Zearfoss and students like you are what make UMich very appealing.

mueh

New

Post by mueh » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:50 am

Rejected after being complete forever...
Sort of surprised to be honest, but not troubled since was going to withdraw anyway.
Good luck to all still waiting!

LaLeyDelMonte

New

Post by LaLeyDelMonte » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:53 am

mueh wrote:Rejected after being complete forever...
Sort of surprised to be honest, but not troubled since was going to withdraw anyway.
Good luck to all still waiting!
How did you find out?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”