Michigan 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bdubs

Gold

Re: Michigan 2011

Post by bdubs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:32 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:IN at MICHIGAN!!!!

Today, via admitted students website!!

complete: 11/02, Decision: 12/02

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!
Congrats! You've been waiting quite a while for that.

cortnf

Bronze

Post by cortnf » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:33 pm

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!
from the eternal pessimist horse's mouth! congrats!

RambleOn

New

Post by RambleOn » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
RambleOn wrote:Anyone else here who found out via attempting the Admitted Students website but hasn't received an actual decision yet?

I always got denied before and it just let me access the website! I guess this means I'm in? I'm almost too nervous about it being a mistake to get too excited haha.
'Grats.
Thank you. FWIW it took less than a month for me and your numbers are both higher than mine, so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer!

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 pm

bdubs wrote:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!
Congrats! You've been waiting quite a while for that.

yes, I was pretty annoying lol
but thanks so much to everyone who chose not to tell me to be quiet haha
See you all in Ann Arbor!

RambleOn

New

Post by RambleOn » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:37 pm

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!
Congrats! I know I'm being semi-paranoid here, but does your app status still say Complete or Decision? Mine is stuck at Complete, but I was able to log in to the admitted students site.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:38 pm

cortnf wrote:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!

I'M SOOO EXCITED!!
from the eternal pessimist horse's mouth! congrats!
Yeah, no kidding! Now those of us who have reason to be concerned can get back to worrying. Congrats, though, Sophie!

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 pm

RambleOn wrote:Anyone else here who found out via attempting the Admitted Students website but hasn't received an actual decision yet?

I always got denied before and it just let me access the website! I guess this means I'm in? I'm almost too nervous about it being a mistake to get too excited haha.
No official decision for me, but I've been able to login to the ASW and the mail/money page.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:45 pm

So Dean Z said that they only update the admitted students site access list once per day.

Does anyone know when this is?? I would love to only check the site once per day, but I have no idea when it's updated. I haven't been going overboard, but it would be nice to know when I should check and just be confident that it is final for that day.

Anyone had a "Tried at YY time not able, tried again at XX time and was able to get in" kind of thing?

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 pm

bdubs wrote:So Dean Z said that they only update the admitted students site access list once per day.

Does anyone know when this is?? I would love to only check the site once per day, but I have no idea when it's updated. I haven't been going overboard, but it would be nice to know when I should check and just be confident that it is final for that day.

hahaha sadly, I think i have a pretty good idea. Having pulled all-nighters the past two nights, the status check updates to the next date at exactly 6AM, and somebody a few posts back said that at 6AM they were able to get into the admitted students site

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:48 pm

almostfamous wrote:
bdubs wrote:So Dean Z said that they only update the admitted students site access list once per day.

hahaha sadly, I think i have a pretty good idea. Having pulled all-nighters the past two nights, the status check updates to the next date at exactly 6AM, and somebody a few posts back said that at 6AM they were able to get into the admitted students site
Great thanks!

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

almostfamous wrote:

I happened to wake up super early for whatever reason (normally I sleep at least two hours later :D ) and randomly checked - in. 6AM CST

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

almostfamous wrote:

Now I know what I'll do first thing in the morning for the next month...

almostfamous

Bronze

Post by almostfamous » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:51 pm

forward21 wrote:
almostfamous wrote:

I happened to wake up super early for whatever reason (normally I sleep at least two hours later :D ) and randomly checked - in. 6AM CST
I'm EST, so it could possible have updated at 5AM your time

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Soda Mixer

New

Post by Soda Mixer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:54 pm

forward21 wrote:Anyone else a summer start? Thoughts?

I went ahead and checked either on a whim, but I'm curious as to whether folks think its a good or bad thing.
I got accepted for summer start, and it is appealing to me as someone who graduated in May and has been doing really menial crap since. I'm thrilled about any excuse to quit my job a couple months early. Also, starting in the summer would presumably make the transition from California to Michigan more bearable climatically.

It definitely means having to make a decision more quickly, however...lots of pressure.

Anyway, congrats on Michigan and Berkeley! Next time you talk to Dean Tom, please put in a good word :)

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Soda Mixer wrote:
I got accepted for summer start, and it is appealing to me as someone who graduated in May and has been doing really menial crap since. I'm thrilled about any excuse to quit my job a couple months early. Also, starting in the summer would presumably make the transition from California to Michigan more bearable climatically.

It definitely means having to make a decision more quickly, however...lots of pressure.
By what date do you have to decide or place your deposit?

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:15 pm

How does scholly stuff work here.
Will it be with my admitted students package if I get one?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:How does scholly stuff work here.
Will it be with my admitted students package if I get one?
You get a separate letter later.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
4/30 I think.

Soda Mixer

New

Post by Soda Mixer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm

r6_philly wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:
4/30 I think.
Yep.

Kswizzie

Bronze

Post by Kswizzie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:32 pm

I want Michigan badly... I am literally as close to both medians as I could possibly be while still being under... oh... one point on the LSAT...

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Kswizzie wrote:I want Michigan badly... I am literally as close to both medians as I could possibly be while still being under... oh... one point on the LSAT...
I'm really regretting not applying ED. I'm exactly at the medians. A 169 and a 3.71 (or something, I can't figure out the LSDAS GPA thing).

I mean, those scores are the median for a reason, and from all the data across the universe that have looked at are telling me I have a good shot, but still. Nerve wracking. Racking? Eh.

Oh, well. :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DreamShake

Bronze

Post by DreamShake » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Congrats to the new acceptances! Glad to see they're getting to 11/1 submitters...like me :P

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 pm

haha just looked at my michigan app to see what I turned in (I turned it in LONG before any of my subsequent drafts), and I noticed that I wrote a 4 PAGE long PS.
I'm lucky I didn't get dinged lol
Truly lucky- bad judgment haha

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:haha just looked at my michigan app to see what I turned in (I turned it in LONG before any of my subsequent drafts), and I noticed that I wrote a 4 PAGE long PS.
I'm lucky I didn't get dinged lol
Truly lucky- bad judgment haha

That's perfect for Berkeley.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Finishing up my 2 optional essays and app going in tonight.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”