Should I make the trip? Another ED at CCN thread.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Should I make the trip? Another ED at CCN thread.

Postby mst » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:02 am

So I have been weighing this for about 2 weeks or so, but I need to make a decision by Thursday or Friday... I've been considering making a flight up to NY to check out NYU and CLS to decide if ED is worth it (172, 3.6) to either of those schools. As it stands, I'd have a hard time committing to any school ED/no scholarship without seeing it first. Out of CCN, I don't even know if Chicago and NYU would be ED-worthy in the best case scenario (ie. I loved my visit to each school). This trip would cost me a couple hundred dollars, and take out a lot of my time during a busy part of the year.

I just need to know that I have a substantial chance at any of these schools with ED, or at least a much better chance with ED, before I can make that commitment.

Feedback from experienced members? (Me = Standard UG, plenty of softs, nothing too crazy, good letters, ok personal statement)

spondee
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Should I make the trip? Another ED at CCN thread.

Postby spondee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 am

mst wrote:Out of CCN, I don't even know if Chicago and NYU would be ED-worthy in the best case scenario (ie. I loved my visit to each school).


Then, no, don't waste money on the trip.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: Should I make the trip? Another ED at CCN thread.

Postby mst » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks, and whoops: just realized I was in the wrong forum when posting this...

And there's still Columbia spondee, or was there an underlying "why are you even thinking about Columbia?"

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Should I make the trip? Another ED at CCN thread.

Postby St.Remy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 am

mst wrote:So I have been weighing this for about 2 weeks or so, but I need to make a decision by Thursday or Friday... I've been considering making a flight up to NY to check out NYU and CLS to decide if ED is worth it (172, 3.6) to either of those schools. As it stands, I'd have a hard time committing to any school ED/no scholarship without seeing it first. Out of CCN, I don't even know if Chicago and NYU would be ED-worthy in the best case scenario (ie. I loved my visit to each school). This trip would cost me a couple hundred dollars, and take out a lot of my time during a busy part of the year.

I just need to know that I have a substantial chance at any of these schools with ED, or at least a much better chance with ED, before I can make that commitment.

Feedback from experienced members? (Me = Standard UG, plenty of softs, nothing too crazy, good letters, ok personal statement)


I don't mean to be a downer but I don't know if anyone will really be able to help you with regards to the bolded. This is the first year that both NYU and CLS have LSAT medians of 172, so while your scores would have made you a slight splitter at NYU last cycle, this year you are at LSAT median and below GPA median for both schools. I guess you can hope that some CLS people who were in the same boat last cycle could pipe up, but if that fails to happen there wouldn't be a lot of relevant expertise left.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18416
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Should I make the trip? Another ED at CCN thread.

Postby bk1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 am

There is a chance you get locked out of CCN, there also is a chance you get into CLS.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, BruiseWillis, freekick, Google Adsense [Bot], Helioze, JoshLyman13, luckydayahead, potterotter, tlsfan13 and 21 guests