LSU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rehtulx
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby rehtulx » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:17 am

And some of us can't even make a decision yet...I still haven't gotten the scholarship packet even though they notified me I would get one.

User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bendtheslurry » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:23 pm

did anyone who sent a deposit get some sort of confirmation? I'm pretty much having a paranoid meltdown everyday that something is going to go wrong haha. My bank says that the check was cashed so I'm taking that as a good sign.

BLin98
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby BLin98 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:03 pm

My status checker has a check next to seat deposit. Check yours.

User avatar
erw0331
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby erw0331 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Has anyone got an update on their FAFSA info? I've checked my PAWS account, but for the past few weeks it says they're still processing it.

User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bendtheslurry » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:56 pm

I never got any info about a status checker, just PAWS and apparently the log in is not the same. The financial section of my PAWS says account balance $200.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:19 pm

rehtulx wrote:And some of us can't even make a decision yet...I still haven't gotten the scholarship packet even though they notified me I would get one.



I got my scholarship information in the mail yesterday but I live in Louisiana.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:19 pm

erw0331 wrote:Has anyone got an update on their FAFSA info? I've checked my PAWS account, but for the past few weeks it says they're still processing it.



nope. I havent recieved an update on FAFSA either.

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby A12345 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Received my financial aid information. It doesn't seem to include my scholarship though as the cost of attendance appears to be just over 50000k

evanvanreg
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby evanvanreg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:06 pm

I received my financial aid package, but have not had a decision yet. Status checker says still in review, anyone know what this means?

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:10 pm

A12345 wrote:Received my financial aid information. It doesn't seem to include my scholarship though as the cost of attendance appears to be just over 50000k



You guys recieved the financial aid information through the mail?

evanvanreg
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby evanvanreg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 pm

No...email through PAWS

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby A12345 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:22 pm

prea5356 wrote:
A12345 wrote:Received my financial aid information. It doesn't seem to include my scholarship though as the cost of attendance appears to be just over 50000k



You guys recieved the financial aid information through the mail?


PAWS as well. Anyone have any idea what the COA was for 2010-2011?

aham2005
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby aham2005 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:38 pm

I just found out today that I was accepted by South Texas. Now it's a toss up between South Texas and LSU. I want to practice in Texas so I don't know what school would be the better fit. I received a $14,00 Scholarship from LSU and it's a higher ranked Law School. I just feel if want to practice in Texas, South Texas should be the school I choose?????

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 am

aham2005 wrote:I just found out today that I was accepted by South Texas. Now it's a toss up between South Texas and LSU. I want to practice in Texas so I don't know what school would be the better fit. I received a $14,00 Scholarship from LSU and it's a higher ranked Law School. I just feel if want to practice in Texas, South Texas should be the school I choose?????



If you have no money from south texas and 14,000 from lsu, I would definatly say lsu. Check lsu's website and see how many alumni are located in texas. They have quite a lot of alumni who practice there. Recently there was a dinner in houston for admitted students looking to practice in texas. A bunch of lsu law alumni (who practice in texas) spoke to the admitted students. South Texas is a pretty expensive school to pay sticker especially when u have almost a full ride to lsu.

BLin98
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby BLin98 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:55 am

Still nothing from Financial Aid for me.

:: Financial Aid ::
We are currently determining your eligibility.
We have received all requested information.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby cartercl » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 am

BLin98 wrote:Still nothing from Financial Aid for me.

:: Financial Aid ::
We are currently determining your eligibility.
We have received all requested information.


Same here.

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 pm

prea5356 wrote:
Paralegalonthemove wrote:
Deathcab wrote:FWIW, emails went out today informing those who did not place their deposit that they were being removed from the class -- should help some people who are still pending.



Thanks for letting us know! I have scheduled a visit to the campus for May 6. I cannot wait and hope that I am admitted from the wait list!



Cool do u have a meeting with someone of the admissions committee as well?


They asked me if I could meet with Daphne James, Assistant Dean of Admissions (and of course I can!).
Anyone else do this?

User avatar
Gamecock227
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Gamecock227 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Paralegalonthemove wrote:
prea5356 wrote:
Paralegalonthemove wrote:
Deathcab wrote:FWIW, emails went out today informing those who did not place their deposit that they were being removed from the class -- should help some people who are still pending.



Thanks for letting us know! I have scheduled a visit to the campus for May 6. I cannot wait and hope that I am admitted from the wait list!



Cool do u have a meeting with someone of the admissions committee as well?


They asked me if I could meet with Daphne James, Assistant Dean of Admissions (and of course I can!).
Anyone else do this?


I met with daphne. Although I wa already accepted she essentially guided me step by step everything to do in order to get a scholarship there. And it certainly worked I have a gpa below median and still ended up with 60% of my tuition paid. She's a good lady!

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Paralegalonthemove wrote:
prea5356 wrote:
Paralegalonthemove wrote:
Deathcab wrote:FWIW, emails went out today informing those who did not place their deposit that they were being removed from the class -- should help some people who are still pending.



Thanks for letting us know! I have scheduled a visit to the campus for May 6. I cannot wait and hope that I am admitted from the wait list!



Cool do u have a meeting with someone of the admissions committee as well?


They asked me if I could meet with Daphne James, Assistant Dean of Admissions (and of course I can!).
Anyone else do this?



Sorry..... Assistant Director of Admissions! :-) Today has been a crazy day here at the office.

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks! Hopefully I will be seeing you in the Fall.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Paralegalonthemove wrote:
prea5356 wrote:
Paralegalonthemove wrote:
Deathcab wrote:FWIW, emails went out today informing those who did not place their deposit that they were being removed from the class -- should help some people who are still pending.



Thanks for letting us know! I have scheduled a visit to the campus for May 6. I cannot wait and hope that I am admitted from the wait list!



Cool do u have a meeting with someone of the admissions committee as well?


They asked me if I could meet with Daphne James, Assistant Dean of Admissions (and of course I can!).
Anyone else do this?




Daphne is awesome! She helped me get accepted along with 75% of my tuition paid for each year! Become friends with this lady!!

pb1093
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby pb1093 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm another waitlist. I'm also from Texas, Austin specifically, and hesitant to leave the state since this is where I want to practice. I went and visited the school last month and sat down with Jake Henry, the Director of Admissions. I was really impressed by the facility and hospitality of the staff and students. I'm going to ride out the waitlist but if they don't throw any money my way it(longshot) I'll probably pass.

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:50 pm

pb1093 wrote:I'm another waitlist. I'm also from Texas, Austin specifically, and hesitant to leave the state since this is where I want to practice. I went and visited the school last month and sat down with Jake Henry, the Director of Admissions. I was really impressed by the facility and hospitality of the staff and students. I'm going to ride out the waitlist but if they don't throw any money my way it(longshot) I'll probably pass.



I wish you luck. I understand the hesitancy. But having worked for a lawyer here almost four years..........I have ended up dealing with so much in Louisiana I fell in love with their procedures. So having dealt on both ends I know LA is where I want to end up.


I spend more of my time in Louisiana now than I do Texas since my classes are all online this semester.

pb1093
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby pb1093 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Yah I understand your position too. Everyone's circumstance is unique, I hate it when people generalize about the "best" decision should be. For me, I work with my dads firm, and he is alum at St. Mary's, has alot of connections here, etc. so it just seems to make more sense for me to stay here. That is in addition to just loving Texas...

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:08 pm

pb1093 wrote:Yah I understand your position too. Everyone's circumstance is unique, I hate it when people generalize about the "best" decision should be. For me, I work with my dads firm, and he is alum at St. Mary's, has alot of connections here, etc. so it just seems to make more sense for me to stay here. That is in addition to just loving Texas...



I love Texas to. Lived here all my life. It will always be home but I know moving is right. But you are right, it would make more sense for you to stay. No one should generalize. Its up to everyone to choose the right path for them.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”