LSU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bendtheslurry » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:22 pm

So i just got an email that the seat deposit is due tomorrow...I thought it was due the 15th! Does anyone know if it has to be there tomorrow or just postmarked by tomorrow?

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby A12345 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:30 pm

bendtheslurry wrote:So i just got an email that the seat deposit is due tomorrow...I thought it was due the 15th! Does anyone know if it has to be there tomorrow or just postmarked by tomorrow?


Postmarked

User avatar
Gamecock227
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Gamecock227 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:25 pm

prea5356 wrote:
Gamecock227 wrote:I guess now would be a good chance for somebody from Baton Rouge or that has been there alot to maybe give us some info on the city itself, where to live, where the social scene is, where NOT to live, and other information that could be fit.



well i went to undergrad at lsu and has just been accepted to the law school as well. There a lots of nice places to live and you can get a decent apartment for 600 or even cheaper but remember, you get what you pay for. If you do not want to live with a bunch of noise and undergrad students then dont live in the apartments northgate (such as sterling university housing,the venue, and campus crossing). besides that there are plenty of options near campus and farther away.


Where/how is the bar scene in baton rouge for students?

User avatar
erw0331
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby erw0331 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:22 pm

When I was in BR for ASD, the bar scene was alright. I went to this place called The Bulldog, and also downtown to the 3rd street bars. There was definitely some fun to be had. I'm sure an alum of LSU undergrad could shed more light on that, but the opportunities for boozing are there for sure.

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 am

TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...



I was waitlisted but I did not receive this e-mail. I'm thinking it's for accepted students.

rehtulx
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby rehtulx » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Anyone else still waiting for a letter? Applied beginning of March. 158 LSAT/3.43, Army veteran, 2 years at Deloitte, and went to Duke.

User avatar
legalprincess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby legalprincess » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 pm

Withdrew. Hopefully that will help somebody waiting!

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:43 pm

rehtulx wrote:Anyone else still waiting for a letter? Applied beginning of March. 158 LSAT/3.43, Army veteran, 2 years at Deloitte, and went to Duke.



This may or may not make you feel better but I applied in Septemer, went complete in October and did not hear a thing until March.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Kinderby » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:04 pm

legalprincess wrote:Withdrew. Hopefully that will help somebody waiting!

I thought you had decided LSU for sure! But I haven't been around here in awhile.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby cartercl » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Paralegalonthemove wrote:
TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...



I was waitlisted but I did not receive this e-mail. I'm thinking it's for accepted students.


TT09 was waitlisted as well, I believe. Did you do a FAFSA?

User avatar
sceva31st
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby sceva31st » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 am

So LSU has decided to pull an April Fools Day prank on me. They updated my status checker to decision rendered check email, but they never sent me the email...

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:03 pm

cartercl wrote:
Paralegalonthemove wrote:
TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...



I was waitlisted but I did not receive this e-mail. I'm thinking it's for accepted students.


TT09 was waitlisted as well, I believe. Did you do a FAFSA?



Yes that was it. I called admissions to ask if I should include them on the Fafsa and they told me yes. So yep that was why.

Paralegalonthemove
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Paralegalonthemove » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

sceva31st wrote:So LSU has decided to pull an April Fools Day prank on me. They updated my status checker to decision rendered check email, but they never sent me the email...


My sympathies for you. That is just a bummer! I'm not sure if my status checker changed first or if I got the e-mail first because I was so busy at work that day I didn't get to check any of it for two days.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby cartercl » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm

sceva31st wrote:So LSU has decided to pull an April Fools Day prank on me. They updated my status checker to decision rendered check email, but they never sent me the email...



Don't worry. This happened to a few other people as well. The email is coming, it's just delayed.

aham2005
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby aham2005 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Did any of you guys receive this email from the Office of Admissions and Stedent Aid?

"Our office is currently waiting on pending congressional legislation before award notices will be sent. Once congress and the President have determined the 2011-2012 federal student aid budget award notices will be e-mailed to your PAWS account. At that time you will be able to review and accept your awards by logging on to http://www.paws.lsu.edu, clicking on financial services, financial aid, student aid and scholarships, and 2011-2012 process request.'

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby TT09 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm

aham2005 wrote:Did any of you guys receive this email from the Office of Admissions and Stedent Aid?

"Our office is currently waiting on pending congressional legislation before award notices will be sent. Once congress and the President have determined the 2011-2012 federal student aid budget award notices will be e-mailed to your PAWS account. At that time you will be able to review and accept your awards by logging on to http://www.paws.lsu.edu, clicking on financial services, financial aid, student aid and scholarships, and 2011-2012 process request.'


Yeah, I just got it about an hour ago myself...

BLin98
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby BLin98 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Same. I hope it gets sorted out quickly as this is the last loose board to nail down for me.

User avatar
legalprincess
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby legalprincess » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Kinderby wrote:
legalprincess wrote:Withdrew. Hopefully that will help somebody waiting!

I thought you had decided LSU for sure! But I haven't been around here in awhile.

I had been leaning pretty heavily towards LSU, but after much thought, I realized that I could never look as good in purple and yellow as I do in red and blue--Ole Miss it shall be, rankings be damned.
Plus, Baton Rouge traffic terrifies me!

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 pm

aham2005 wrote:Did any of you guys receive this email from the Office of Admissions and Stedent Aid?

"Our office is currently waiting on pending congressional legislation before award notices will be sent. Once congress and the President have determined the 2011-2012 federal student aid budget award notices will be e-mailed to your PAWS account. At that time you will be able to review and accept your awards by logging on to http://www.paws.lsu.edu, clicking on financial services, financial aid, student aid and scholarships, and 2011-2012 process request.'



yep I recieved it earlier this morning as well....

Velvetvoice06
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:15 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Velvetvoice06 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Aaaaah! Just got in! Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Was there anyone who went to the Open House who would be willing to share their take on the school?

User avatar
Gamecock227
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Gamecock227 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Velvetvoice06 wrote:Aaaaah! Just got in! Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Was there anyone who went to the Open House who would be willing to share their take on the school?



I did not go to open house but I did visit the school if you PM me I'll gladly answer any questions and give you some information I gained in talking to people there.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Velvetvoice06 wrote:Aaaaah! Just got in! Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Was there anyone who went to the Open House who would be willing to share their take on the school?



There will be another admitted students day on April 11th! I hope to see you there!

the_drake
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby the_drake » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 am

Anybody else get a little thrown off by the "dressy business casual" line in the email about the scholarship dinner? LSU just inventing new dress standards I suppose.

A12345
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:53 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby A12345 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:12 pm

the_drake wrote:Anybody else get a little thrown off by the "dressy business casual" line in the email about the scholarship dinner? LSU just inventing new dress standards I suppose.


It just means the dressier side of business casual ie. Sports coat rather than a polo or button down.

rehtulx
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby rehtulx » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

Accepted today! Baton Rouge here I come.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], blackpi and 5 guests