LSU 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
erw0331
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby erw0331 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Gamecock227 wrote:
erw0331 wrote:
Gamecock227 wrote:How many of incoming 1Ls would one suspect to have a 33% or higher stipulation?


I think it depends on the percentage of your tuition covered by scholarship. My scholly covers half of my oos fee as opposed to many of you who have all or almost all waived, so therefore my stipulation is less stringent. That being said, I would assume that however many have at least half of their tuition covered by scholly or all of their oos covered by it have that top 33% stipulation. I know it's not an exact number, but I hope that helps...



I would say we have close to even numbers you have 1 pt higher LSAT I'm .2 higher gpa. I would love a half fee waiver, would you say you have amazing softs or are alot
Cooler than me? Lol or did you go complete way early in the cycle?

Also did anyone else get the email for April 11th visiting day. Didn't they just have a visiting day?


Trust me, I have no idea. I wasn't expecting money with my GPA. I had way too much fun in my first two years of school to have rational hope for a scholly. It could be their cutoff number (or something like that) for the LSAT, but I doubt it has to do with me being cooler than you haha.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 pm

I still havent heard anything back from lsu....hopefully the April 11th visiting day is for students admitted after the other visiting day!

User avatar
LawBound11
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby LawBound11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 pm

prea5356 wrote:I still havent heard anything back from lsu....hopefully the April 11th visiting day is for students admitted after the other visiting day!


Still waiting here, too.

User avatar
bendtheslurry
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bendtheslurry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 pm

If the director of admissions calls your house after you've been admitted...is that a good thing or a bad thing? I suppose I will find out when I return the call tomorrow, just looking for any insight.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:37 am

bendtheslurry wrote:If the director of admissions calls your house after you've been admitted...is that a good thing or a bad thing? I suppose I will find out when I return the call tomorrow, just looking for any insight.



That sounds like it is a really good thing!

BLin98
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby BLin98 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 am

Requested all of my transcripts to be sent in yesterday. Now I just need to go get some shots to get that paperwork completed...yay.

bumbumbum87
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bumbumbum87 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37 am

Just got accepted :D

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Awwww man I just got waitlisted! this sucks!

aweckerly
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby aweckerly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:31 pm

prea5356 wrote:Awwww man I just got waitlisted! this sucks!
bumbumbum87 wrote:Just got accepted :D



How were you two notified??

bumbumbum87
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bumbumbum87 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 pm

aweckerly wrote:
prea5356 wrote:Awwww man I just got waitlisted! this sucks!
bumbumbum87 wrote:Just got accepted :D



How were you two notified??


I actually got waitlisted, got a response via e-mail as my status checked merely said "Decision has been made". I thought I got accepted because all my options in PAWS expanded and I figured it was because I got accepted.

I'm really sad because I wanted to go to this school really bad :( Oh well, there's always Loyola.

aweckerly
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby aweckerly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:00 pm

bumbumbum87 wrote:
aweckerly wrote:
prea5356 wrote:Awwww man I just got waitlisted! this sucks!
bumbumbum87 wrote:Just got accepted :D



How were you two notified??


I actually got waitlisted, got a response via e-mail as my status checked merely said "Decision has been made". I thought I got accepted because all my options in PAWS expanded and I figured it was because I got accepted.

I'm really sad because I wanted to go to this school really bad :( Oh well, there's always Loyola.



There's still hope, though! Will you be sending a letter of continued interest to LSU?

bumbumbum87
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby bumbumbum87 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:15 pm

aweckerly wrote:
bumbumbum87 wrote:
aweckerly wrote:
prea5356 wrote:Awwww man I just got waitlisted! this sucks!
bumbumbum87 wrote:Just got accepted :D



How were you two notified??


I actually got waitlisted, got a response via e-mail as my status checked merely said "Decision has been made". I thought I got accepted because all my options in PAWS expanded and I figured it was because I got accepted.

I'm really sad because I wanted to go to this school really bad :( Oh well, there's always Loyola.



There's still hope, though! Will you be sending a letter of continued interest to LSU?


well the e-mail said they don't rank those on the waitlist so I see no point. should I?

BLin98
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby BLin98 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Heading out to the NOLA reception in a few hours. I'll likely be wearing something green on my persons. Say hello.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 pm

bumbumbum87 wrote:
aweckerly wrote:
prea5356 wrote:Awwww man I just got waitlisted! this sucks!
bumbumbum87 wrote:Just got accepted :D



How were you two notified??


I actually got waitlisted, got a response via e-mail as my status checked merely said "Decision has been made". I thought I got accepted because all my options in PAWS expanded and I figured it was because I got accepted.

I'm really sad because I wanted to go to this school really bad :( Oh well, there's always Loyola.




I was notified via email that I was waitlisted and the status checker just said that a "decision has been made" and to "check your email" blah! sucks

User avatar
Gamecock227
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Gamecock227 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:34 pm

I just got offered a scholarship at the University of South Carolina: does anyone believe that it's a good enough school to use in negotiatingwith LSU?

User avatar
erw0331
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby erw0331 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Gamecock227 wrote:I just got offered a scholarship at the University of South Carolina: does anyone believe that it's a good enough school to use in negotiatingwith LSU?


It couldn't hurt, IMO. It may not go over since SC is outside of the top 100, but you'd be in the same position you're in now if LSU said "No."

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby cartercl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 am

Having coffee with the Chancellor on Wednesday in Shreveport. Is anyone else going to be there?

Edit: Nevermind. Dean of Admissions called today and the meeting was cancelled.
Last edited by cartercl on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tmann3319
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby Tmann3319 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:45 am

I'm pretty new to TLS, but I've been watching this thread for a while. I was wondering does LSU give any real weight to LOCIs for their waitlisted students? I'm sending my LOCI anyway but I was just curious to see if anyone had a better insight into the way LSU does their business. Thanks!

140orBust
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby 140orBust » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 am

Tmann3319 wrote:I'm pretty new to TLS, but I've been watching this thread for a while. I was wondering does LSU give any real weight to LOCIs for their waitlisted students? I'm sending my LOCI anyway but I was just curious to see if anyone had a better insight into the way LSU does their business. Thanks!


Not really. They're really just by numbers like most law 2nd tier law schools with waitlists. Can't hurt though.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:43 pm

140orBust wrote:
Tmann3319 wrote:I'm pretty new to TLS, but I've been watching this thread for a while. I was wondering does LSU give any real weight to LOCIs for their waitlisted students? I'm sending my LOCI anyway but I was just curious to see if anyone had a better insight into the way LSU does their business. Thanks!


Not really. They're really just by numbers like most law 2nd tier law schools with waitlists. Can't hurt though.




Blah! this process sucks!

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby TT09 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby cartercl » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 pm

TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...


Yep. I got it too.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby TT09 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:07 pm

cartercl wrote:
TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...


Yep. I got it too.


Yeah, I was WL'ed but still got the e-mail. I just assumed everyone who was WL'ed would receive it; and obviously, if you were admitted, you were going to get it.

aweckerly
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: LSU 2011

Postby aweckerly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 pm

TT09 wrote:
cartercl wrote:
TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...


Yep. I got it too.


Yeah, I was WL'ed but still got the e-mail. I just assumed everyone who was WL'ed would receive it; and obviously, if you were admitted, you were going to get it.



I haven't heard anything either way, still pending, but I received the same email. Hmmm.

prea5356
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am

Re: LSU 2011

Postby prea5356 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:26 pm

TT09 wrote:I take it everybody that was either Accepted or WL'ed received the federal financial aid verification e-mail today? I just got it a couple of hours ago...



yep i recieved the same today




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”