UChicago 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby hellome » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:So what do we think? Tues. 28th?


I was thinking more toward the end of the week but the earlier the better!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:07 pm

hellome wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So what do we think? Tues. 28th?


I was thinking more toward the end of the week but the earlier the better!


Last year was Tue. 29th. I don't think too many offices will open past Wed/Thur. so can't be later in the week? Well I hope anyway. This is my best shot at T6 without waiting til summer :D

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:29 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:44 pm

I will be stalking this thread tomorrow... anyone know what time admit calls began in previous years?

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby er doctor » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:57 pm

I don't know but this long weekend has just about killed me.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:20 pm

er doctor wrote:I don't know but this long weekend has just about killed me.



Christmas killed you? You must be having a rough time man.

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby er doctor » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:52 pm

jd2014! wrote:
er doctor wrote:I don't know but this long weekend has just about killed me.



Christmas killed you? You must be having a rough time man.


Well, working on Christmas almost always kills me, but not having any hope of hearing from schools for three days is the icing on the cake.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kk19131 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm expecting my Chicago rejection to come this week.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby arism87 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:07 pm

er doctor wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
er doctor wrote:I don't know but this long weekend has just about killed me.



Christmas killed you? You must be having a rough time man.


Well, working on Christmas almost always kills me, but not having any hope of hearing from schools for three days is the icing on the cake.


I'm with you. Bah humbug. The least we could get is a few holiday decisions! lol

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Please admit me, Chi
I've no other love except
Your amazing school

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:20 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClayDavis
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby ClayDavis » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm

When did RD applicants begin hearing last year?

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby T6Hopeful » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34 pm

ClayDavis wrote:When did RD applicants begin hearing last year?

dulcatis wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
arism87 wrote:Anyone care to speculate when RD decisions will start? :D

For the earliest submitters I think soon, but IIRC there was a spreadsheet out there that basically said early February for anyone with around a November (give or take a week into October) complete date. I'm personally not expecting to get anything until February, and save a CLS acceptance I will be waiting patiently :D


http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=137012

Looks like mid-January for the earliest submitters, and a big wave in February.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Rand M. » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:39 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
arism87 wrote:Anyone care to speculate when RD decisions will start? :D

For the earliest submitters I think soon, but IIRC there was a spreadsheet out there that basically said early February for anyone with around a November (give or take a week into October) complete date. I'm personally not expecting to get anything until February, and save a CLS acceptance I will be waiting patiently :D


http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=137012

Looks like mid-January for the earliest submitters, and a big wave in February.


Yeah, I applied in late October and got the call Jan. 14. It should only be a couple more weeks.

ClayDavis
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby ClayDavis » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:41 pm

cool thanks guys

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:42 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
ClayDavis wrote:When did RD applicants begin hearing last year?

dulcatis wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
arism87 wrote:Anyone care to speculate when RD decisions will start? :D

For the earliest submitters I think soon, but IIRC there was a spreadsheet out there that basically said early February for anyone with around a November (give or take a week into October) complete date. I'm personally not expecting to get anything until February, and save a CLS acceptance I will be waiting patiently :D


http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=137012

Looks like mid-January for the earliest submitters, and a big wave in February.


That spreadsheet only include OCT submitters. Last year RD applicants who submitted in Sept. heard back on Tues. 12/29

http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... er=asc&p=3

Scroll down to the bottom and see the first acceptances withdrawn.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:47 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86227&hilit=UChicago&start=850

In last year's UChicago thread, first person checking in to report an ED WL @ 4:43PM EST on Mon Tues Dec 28, 2009.

Then Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 pm Admitted voicemail from Dean Perry.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:49 pm

acrossthelake wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86227&hilit=UChicago&start=850

In last year's UChicago thread, first person checking in to report an ED WL @ 4:43PM EST on Mon Tues Dec 28, 2009.

Then Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 pm Admitted voicemail from Dean Perry.



This is what I was looking for. Thanks, atl.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:53 pm

So anyone with a ED WL yet? Are we on schedule?

User avatar
Older Chest
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Older Chest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:00 pm

eskimo wrote:Please admit me, Chi
I've no other love except
Your amazing school


To be fair, I do not think anyone should be allowed to be admitted to Chicago until after Eskimo receives her call. It doesn't seem that anyone else wants it as badly.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:36 pm

so sad I'll be waiting until March. Good luck Sept submitters!!

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:42 pm

ED and haven't heard back yet.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Older Chest wrote:
eskimo wrote:Please admit me, Chi
I've no other love except
Your amazing school


To be fair, I do not think anyone should be allowed to be admitted to Chicago until after Eskimo receives her call. It doesn't seem that anyone else wants it as badly.

I wholeheartedly agree. :wink:

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby lawyerwannabe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:07 pm

BeachedBrit wrote:ED and haven't heard back yet.


Ya. I am in the same boat. Think "rejection" or "WL". O well.

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby BeachedBrit » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:12 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:
BeachedBrit wrote:ED and haven't heard back yet.


Ya. I am in the same boat. Think "rejection" or "WL". O well.


I'd be shocked if I get an outright rejection just because no one with my numbers has been anything but accepted as far as I could find, including this year. With that said I am expecting a WL and hoping that my columbia specific LOR didn't get mixed up with my general LOR (from the same professor) as I felt I had a strong application and was surprised not to be accepted.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, 88234, Alexandros, Assasindowntheavenue, Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger, Cjozsa242, eyetelyuhwhut, Google Adsense [Bot], hammy393, Keilz, LawSchoolTitan, lazarzhr, Lmorina126, mritter3, ngmlsat, pantsuitchic, pleaseclassof2020, ThorB, vho1791 and 38 guests