UChicago 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pinkzebra
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby pinkzebra » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 pm

CapHillLove wrote:Got a big envelope in the mail today from Chicago. Obviously assumed it was an acceptance. How silly of me. It was a viewbook and letter encouraging me to apply... 2 months after I sent in my application. Getting these from schools in November right after I applied was one thing, but getting this now? When I've been under review for a month? Annoying.

Come on, Chicago. WTF.

+1, except I got it yesterday...

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby DorianGray89 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 am

Went under review 12/10. By the looks of it, won't hear back for a long time.

buster
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby buster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 am

got my ed call 2 years ago right around the week of christmas if that's any help...

and my status (complete or whatever status updates they did - i forget) didn't change from when i submitted my app until a week or two before my acceptance, so don't worry too much about no updates on status. but if you call and ask about it (just in case you're scared they didn't get it) they'll be nice about it (or they were to me)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:42 am

I think last year many early applicants heard back last week before the new year. So maybe history will repeat and some decisions are 2 weeks away? :shock:

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby The Stig » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:I think last year many early applicants heard back last week before the new year. So maybe history will repeat and some decisions are 2 weeks away? :shock:


that would be sweet! does anyone know what the update in under review date might mean? I think I went from early/mid nov to 12/13 or something like that...

User avatar
deepdishpizza
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby deepdishpizza » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:13 pm

The Stig wrote:
that would be sweet! does anyone know what the update in under review date might mean? I think I went from early/mid nov to 12/13 or something like that...


If it helps, it seems like a lot of the ED applicants went to 12/15 today. Not sure what that means, but hopefully they're getting ready to release decisions.
(Oh, and hi, The Stig. Long time no see.)

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby The Stig » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:04 pm

deepdishpizza wrote:
The Stig wrote:
that would be sweet! does anyone know what the update in under review date might mean? I think I went from early/mid nov to 12/13 or something like that...


If it helps, it seems like a lot of the ED applicants went to 12/15 today. Not sure what that means, but hopefully they're getting ready to release decisions.
(Oh, and hi, The Stig. Long time no see.)

--ImageRemoved--
:lol:

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby 123xalady » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:08 pm

^ omg thats hilarious

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

10 more days? Any status checker movement?

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 am

still at 9/30 here.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:44 am

jd2014! wrote:still at 9/30 here.


+1

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kk19131 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:48 am

Does it really take 3 months to "review" applications...


9/30 :?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:53 am

Are you guys splitters? I can't believe you are not UR.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kk19131 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 am

r6_philly wrote:Are you guys splitters? I can't believe you are not UR.



I'm UR, and have been so since 9/30.

And yep. I'm an extreme splitter.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 am

r6_philly wrote:Are you guys splitters? I can't believe you are not UR.



Nope. Been UR since 9/30. Above both medians.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:59 am

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Are you guys splitters? I can't believe you are not UR.



Nope. Been UR since 9/30. Above both medians.


Hmm I wonder how they decide who to review first. If high numbers are held longer, it must mean trouble for us.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Are you guys splitters? I can't believe you are not UR.



Nope. Been UR since 9/30. Above both medians.


Also been UR since 9/30. Submitted 9/19. Above 75% on LSAT, between 25%-50% on GPA

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Are you guys splitters? I can't believe you are not UR.



Nope. Been UR since 9/30. Above both medians.


Hmm I wonder how they decide who to review first. If high numbers are held longer, it must mean trouble for us.



Eh. I don't think it means too much yet. We've only seen one round or so of recent RD updates. My guess is they are still on EDs, who are set to receive decisions pretty soon, then they'll turn to more RDs again. I wouldn't read to much into it if I were you. :)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 pm

They can review me whenever they want, but they had better let me in whenever that is. :twisted:

As soon as ED people start getting calls, I think I'm really going to regret not applying ED. :|

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Sentry » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Soon? If history is any indications, ED acceptances start coming out today.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm

jd2014! wrote:
Eh. I don't think it means too much yet. We've only seen one round or so of recent RD updates. My guess is they are still on EDs, who are set to receive decisions pretty soon, then they'll turn to more RDs again. I wouldn't read to much into it if I were you. :)


But I have already gone through 2 UR updates, and I submitted after you guys. Something is strange about that.

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
Eh. I don't think it means too much yet. We've only seen one round or so of recent RD updates. My guess is they are still on EDs, who are set to receive decisions pretty soon, then they'll turn to more RDs again. I wouldn't read to much into it if I were you. :)


But I have already gone through 2 UR updates, and I submitted after you guys. Something is strange about that.


I think the whole admissions process is strange. Maybe they've already put you in the "accept" pile, while we just haven't gotten a look yet because they are drowning under mountainous piles of apps? Who knows. Definitely don't let it get to you. If February rolls around and you've been reviewed 1432489124 times and still haven't heard anything, then I'd worry. We still have a few more weeks to wait before we can start speculating in even a semi-meaningful way.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 pm

jd2014! wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
Eh. I don't think it means too much yet. We've only seen one round or so of recent RD updates. My guess is they are still on EDs, who are set to receive decisions pretty soon, then they'll turn to more RDs again. I wouldn't read to much into it if I were you. :)


But I have already gone through 2 UR updates, and I submitted after you guys. Something is strange about that.


I think the whole admissions process is strange. Maybe they've already put you in the "accept" pile, while we just haven't gotten a look yet because they are drowning under mountainous piles of apps? Who knows. Definitely don't let it get to you. If February rolls around and you've been reviewed 1432489124 times and still haven't heard anything, then I'd worry. We still have a few more weeks to wait before we can start speculating in even a semi-meaningful way.


I am not worried, just starting conversations. 1/2 of the company is off using up their holiday time, so I am a little lonely :mrgreen:

biggie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby biggie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Not sure if this means anything but just to get the info out, my status changed to UR on 12/14 and again 12/17. I'm RD and I applied end of October.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby oxford_don » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Just updated to UR 12/17. RD, Submitted 10/24. Woot.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acz26, Christinabruin, dreamer_13, lawlawland16, studyingeveryday and 23 guests