UChicago 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Still at UR 11/23 here. Submitted 10/27.

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 pm

mrmangs wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
thecilent wrote:
LegallyBlonde923 wrote:how is having an LSAT and GPA above 25% an auto-ding at any school? maybe no an auto-admit but in no way an auto-ding

less than both 75% is pretty much autoding.. sry to burst your bubble.


if you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all STFU


TBF, the correct answer to the question might not be nice. Still, there is something called tact.

I don't think thecilent (weird, I always thought he was "theclient") is right anyhow. But like I said before, at/slightly above 25% will definitely be a reach if you're not a URM.


Chicago is a reach for me, you're definitely right on that. I just posted my stats to contribute to speculation on the checker date changes, not to elicit commentary on my ding probabilty.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:59 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:04 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:To lighten the mood...

Image


Okay, back to studying for my European Union final.


Awww... we will save you kitteh.

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby TLSNYC » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:58 pm

So, can someone help me make sense of my application -- went UCR 11/5 (RD), and today my status was updated to UCR. Any significance to this at all?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:13 pm

TLSNYC wrote:So, can someone help me make sense of my application -- went UCR 11/5 (RD), and today my status was updated to UCR. Any significance to this at all?

As per usual, no one knows.

User avatar
deepdishpizza
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby deepdishpizza » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:39 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:To lighten the mood...

Image


Okay, back to studying for my European Union final.


Awww... we will save you kitteh.


Do you think they publish law textbooks in lolspeak? I would REALLY learn then.

I CAN HAZ TORTZ?

User avatar
soupisgood
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby soupisgood » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:00 am

Stuck at UCR 11/2 :( I'm ED... and am desperately hoping for some news this Friday.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 am

LegallyBlonde923 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:if you don't have anything nice to say,don't say anything at all STFU


TBF, the correct answer to the question might not be nice. Still, there is something called tact.

I don't think thecilent (weird, I always thought he was "theclient") is right anyhow. But like I said before, at/slightly above 25% will definitely be a reach if you're not a URM.


Chicago is a reach for me, you're definitely right on that. I just posted my stats to contribute to speculation on the checker date changes, not to elicit commentary on my ding probabilty.

I was just trolling. Stop hating.

Obvi those are not auto-ding stats (a reach, yes) - thought you guys would have realized that.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kk19131 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 am

Let's hear it for the 9/30 crew...

mueh
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:53 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby mueh » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am

wonkymonkey wrote:Just updated from late-sept Complete to UR 12/13. (fingers crossed!)



+1

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kazu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:18 am

mueh wrote:
wonkymonkey wrote:Just updated from late-sept Complete to UR 12/13. (fingers crossed!)



+1

Went from one UR date to 12/13 UR. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby pulandasu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 am

kazu wrote:
mueh wrote:
wonkymonkey wrote:Just updated from late-sept Complete to UR 12/13. (fingers crossed!)



+1

Went from one UR date to 12/13 UR. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.


Although I'd LOVE to read into this, it doesn't mean anything.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:52 am

As if they are following the rampant speculation on what the status update means:

http://twitter.com/uchicagolawapps

User avatar
obrienfa
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby obrienfa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 am

r6_philly wrote:As if they are following the rampant speculation on what the status update means:

http://twitter.com/uchicagolawapps


I love how it is like they have someone watching this thread and answering our questions via twitter.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 am

:?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 am

So who is the rat???

:evil:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 am

obrienfa wrote:
r6_philly wrote:As if they are following the rampant speculation on what the status update means:

http://twitter.com/uchicagolawapps


I love how it is like they have someone watching this thread and answering our questions via twitter.


Won't be the first school :wink:

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kazu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:28 am

Did anyone else read the "Also, remember you can check your status online." in a sarcastic tone?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby thecilent » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:32 am

kazu wrote:Did anyone else read the "Also, remember you can check your status online." in a sarcastic tone?

haha Yes. Like, really? There iz status checker?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 am

kazu wrote:Did anyone else read the "Also, remember you can check your status online." in a sarcastic tone?


No, that's just because your cat is drinking bitter tea. :wink:

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby kazu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:38 am

r6_philly wrote:
kazu wrote:Did anyone else read the "Also, remember you can check your status online." in a sarcastic tone?


No, that's just because your cat is drinking bitter tea. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, it's because it hasn't had its first cup of coffee yet.... :P

User avatar
deepdishpizza
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby deepdishpizza » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm worried about the implications of that tweet for ED applicants - do y'all think they might not have decisions ready by the end of the week if we should check back "in the coming weeks"?

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

.

Postby Muenchen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:38 pm

.
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby CapHillLove » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 pm

.
Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”