UChicago 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

got the 2/8 update... 12/23-->2/1-->2/8
ahhhhhh

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm

UR 2/8 for the fourth date change. I'm definitely a ding though

logistikon
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby logistikon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:07 pm

2/8 UR update

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby tgir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

WHOA!

Just missed a called from Dean Perry. She said she wanted me to call her back ASAP, but didn't specify why. I tried to call her back but got her answering machine instead.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

(Oh, background: I was admitted back in the early January flood.)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Knock » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

tgir wrote:WHOA!

Just missed a called from Dean Perry. She said she wanted me to call her back ASAP, but didn't specify why. I tried to call her back but got her answering machine instead.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

(Oh, background: I was admitted back in the early January flood.)


Rubenstein phone interview.

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby tgir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Knock wrote:
tgir wrote:WHOA!

Just missed a called from Dean Perry. She said she wanted me to call her back ASAP, but didn't specify why. I tried to call her back but got her answering machine instead.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

(Oh, background: I was admitted back in the early January flood.)


Rubenstein phone interview.


Oh, wow. Hmm...I wonder what she'll ask (and what the hell my responses will be). :-\

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

tgir wrote:WHOA!

Just missed a called from Dean Perry. She said she wanted me to call her back ASAP, but didn't specify why. I tried to call her back but got her answering machine instead.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

(Oh, background: I was admitted back in the early January flood.)


There are no words to explain how much I want this call..

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby tgir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
tgir wrote:WHOA!

Just missed a called from Dean Perry. She said she wanted me to call her back ASAP, but didn't specify why. I tried to call her back but got her answering machine instead.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

(Oh, background: I was admitted back in the early January flood.)


There are no words to explain how much I want this call..


Prediction: If I'm able to get one, you certainly will get one.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:59 pm

tgir wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
tgir wrote:WHOA!

Just missed a called from Dean Perry. She said she wanted me to call her back ASAP, but didn't specify why. I tried to call her back but got her answering machine instead.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

(Oh, background: I was admitted back in the early January flood.)


There are no words to explain how much I want this call..


Prediction: If I'm able to get one, you certainly will get one.


ehh.. Idk. There was a pretty awkward moment during my acceptance call where I didnt know whether to laugh or not so instead sat there in dead silence... if I was them Id give me a red mark for that one

grayfoxx13
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby grayfoxx13 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:00 pm

I got the 2/8 update for UR even though it was UR on 2/1. Hopefully things are moving along.

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby tgir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:01 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
tgir wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
There are no words to explain how much I want this call..


Prediction: If I'm able to get one, you certainly will get one.


ehh.. Idk. There was a pretty awkward moment during my acceptance call where I didnt know whether to laugh or not so instead sat there in dead silence... if I was them Id give me a red mark for that one


Haha. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I was on a plane when they tried calling me to accept me, and I ummm...kinda forgot to call them back until it was at that point when it would have been an awkwardly late reaction. So...I think you're fine.

super6
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby super6 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 pm

UR update from 1/27 to 2/8. My numbers aren't exactly Chicago's median and neither are the other 2/8 updates I've seen so far so this is most likely not a good thing. Movement is nice, though.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby glitched » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 pm

super6 wrote:UR update from 1/27 to 2/8. My numbers aren't exactly Chicago's median and neither are the other 2/8 updates I've seen so far so this is most likely not a good thing. Movement is nice, though.


well - nearly all decisions for 2/8ers will be out whether you are WL, rejected, or accepted. that's from looking at that last 1/7 batch. so this isn't your normal "batch" - it's more like they said "okay these guys we've made a decision so were going to change their status"

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 pm

super6 wrote:UR update from 1/27 to 2/8. My numbers aren't exactly Chicago's median and neither are the other 2/8 updates I've seen so far so this is most likely not a good thing. Movement is nice, though.



speak for yourself :evil:

...I want in!

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby forward » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm

1/7 Complete -> 2/8 UR

How many UR dates are typical?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 pm

forward wrote:1/7 Complete -> 2/8 UR

How many UR dates are typical?


Not sure if there is a true typical b/c a lot of ppl in the first batch were very early applicants. I believe I had 2 dates but the initial date couldve been one just simply assigned to all of the early apps ready for review.

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby tgir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Dean Perry called back. It went pretty well, I think--at least in terms of keeping composure, not sounding idiotic.

She asked quite a few questions, and I don't remember them all (nor do I think they'd be the same for every interviewee), but I will say this: as you'd expect, she was definitely very interested to gauge how likely I'd be to take the scholarship and attend UChicago if offered.

Exciting stuff!

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby aredhello » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Complete 12/08, 1st UR 1/13, 2nd UR 2/8.

Keep in mind that they tweeted something about how UR means you've been assigned to a reviewer; makes sense, since apps are read online and whenever someone new reviews your app, it updates in the system. You figure everyone gets at least 2 reads and sometimes 3, hence the logic of multiple URs.

Given how many folks are seeing their 2nd or 3rd URs today with not necessarily HIGHLY competitive numbers (myself included), I do have some concern that we didn't necessarily bode so well with our first reviewer and are just receiving a perfunctory second glance today before a WL or ding in the coming days. Don't want to be a pessimist but that's what the stars seem to be telling me.

At any rate, good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to everyone who's already been accepted!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Dear Chicago law apps twitter,

While I appreciate that you're trying to provide some positive impressions of Chi through your feed, I want to let you know that nobody reads that particular twitter to find pictures of people frolicking in the snow. We read your twitter so that you'll let us know when decisions are coming out. Every new tweet that doesn't contain this information gives me heartburn.

xoxo,
-bils

jcn4
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jcn4 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 pm

tgir wrote:Dean Perry called back. It went pretty well, I think--at least in terms of keeping composure, not sounding idiotic.

She asked quite a few questions, and I don't remember them all (nor do I think they'd be the same for every interviewee), but I will say this: as you'd expect, she was definitely very interested to gauge how likely I'd be to take the scholarship and attend UChicago if offered.

Exciting stuff!


Congrats. Did you get any word on when you're likely to hear back?

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Spinach Lover
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Spinach Lover » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Kili wrote:
forward wrote:1/7 Complete -> 2/8 UR

How many UR dates are typical?


I had 3. The last two were close together and were the week before the big decision day.


Will they reveal all their decisions on Fridays only, just like Penn does?

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Muenchen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Spinach Lover wrote:
Kili wrote:
forward wrote:1/7 Complete -> 2/8 UR

How many UR dates are typical?


I had 3. The last two were close together and were the week before the big decision day.


Will they reveal all their decisions on Fridays only, just like Penn does?


The day they did the first batch of decisions, they started calling people around 11 CST (I think; you can go back and check) and went until like 5:30 CST. About a half hour after that, automated WL and Ding e-mails were sent out. It seems that they did it all in one day with no spillover. I'm not sure if there were people who were "forgotten" and got nothing.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:38 pm

aredhello wrote:Complete 12/08, 1st UR 1/13, 2nd UR 2/8.

Keep in mind that they tweeted something about how UR means you've been assigned to a reviewer; makes sense, since apps are read online and whenever someone new reviews your app, it updates in the system. You figure everyone gets at least 2 reads and sometimes 3, hence the logic of multiple URs.

Given how many folks are seeing their 2nd or 3rd URs today with not necessarily HIGHLY competitive numbers (myself included), I do have some concern that we didn't necessarily bode so well with our first reviewer and are just receiving a perfunctory second glance today before a WL or ding in the coming days. Don't want to be a pessimist but that's what the stars seem to be telling me.

At any rate, good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to everyone who's already been accepted!


I don't necessarily agree (not saying I have "HIGHLY" competitive numbers), but last batch there were admits, dings, and wait lists all together with the last 1/7 update. So I don't think the updates have anything to do with the strength of our applications but just indicating that a decision will be made shortly. I don't know if anyone else agrees, but that's just my thought




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”