UChicago 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby HowdyYall » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:17 pm

eskimo wrote:I really, really appreciate it. I didn't have to do a FAFSA or anything for undergrad, so I'm so new at this.

As an aside, I am spending unhealthy amounts of time on the Accepted Students' site and the Regents website looking at floor plans. *is in love*


haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby The Stig » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:23 pm

eskimo wrote:I really, really appreciate it. I didn't have to do a FAFSA or anything for undergrad, so I'm so new at this.

As an aside, I am spending unhealthy amounts of time on the Accepted Students' site and the Regents website looking at floor plans. *is in love*


same situation for me! this weekend will be my first foray into the world of financial aid :shock:

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:I really, really appreciate it. I didn't have to do a FAFSA or anything for undergrad, so I'm so new at this.

As an aside, I am spending unhealthy amounts of time on the Accepted Students' site and the Regents website looking at floor plans. *is in love*


haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty

It's not terribly expensive with a roommate! How much are you wanting to spend per month?

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby jdstl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 pm

God those interactive regent floorplans are awesome.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:26 pm

jdstl wrote:God those interactive regent floorplans are awesome.

I know, right? What an awesome website.

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:I really, really appreciate it. I didn't have to do a FAFSA or anything for undergrad, so I'm so new at this.

As an aside, I am spending unhealthy amounts of time on the Accepted Students' site and the Regents website looking at floor plans. *is in love*


haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty


You kidding? Those are great prices for the location and amenities! I would totally live there. *nudge nudge Chicago*

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:07 am

sarahlawg wrote:You kidding? Those are great prices for the location and amenities! I would totally live there. *nudge nudge Chicago*

Yeah, with a roommate it's completely manageable. I was kind of shocked.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 am

eskimo wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:You kidding? Those are great prices for the location and amenities! I would totally live there. *nudge nudge Chicago*

Yeah, with a roommate it's completely manageable. I was kind of shocked.

You're offering to room with me eski? I knew it!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:11 am

CastleRock wrote:You're offering to room with me eski? I knew it!

Sounds perfect! I'm a fantastic roomie! :wink:

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 am

eskimo wrote:
CastleRock wrote:You're offering to room with me eski? I knew it!

Sounds perfect! I'm a fantastic roomie! :wink:


put the cap back on the toothpaste? rinse out the milk jug? do the damn dishes once in awhile?

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Muenchen » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 am

eskimo wrote:
CastleRock wrote:You're offering to room with me eski? I knew it!

Sounds perfect! I'm a fantastic roomie! :wink:


Lulz watch out, I can only assume that if you move in with one SFer you move in with them all!

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby 4102011 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 am

seancooksey07 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
CastleRock wrote:You're offering to room with me eski? I knew it!

Sounds perfect! I'm a fantastic roomie! :wink:


Lulz watch out, I can only assume that if you move in with one SFer you move in with them all!


CR's an SFer, he understands how this orgie rooming situation works! :)

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:32 am

I even make little "get well" baskets for sick days when my current roomie is feeling bad. And I bake!

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby HowdyYall » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 am

eskimo wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:I really, really appreciate it. I didn't have to do a FAFSA or anything for undergrad, so I'm so new at this.

As an aside, I am spending unhealthy amounts of time on the Accepted Students' site and the Regents website looking at floor plans. *is in love*


haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty

It's not terribly expensive with a roommate! How much are you wanting to spend per month?


~$8000 (about $1000 more than a single in "New Grad Housing"). I dont mind a roommate at all, just thought it was still pretty expensive even with a roomy; cant tell though cuz website doesnt have any quotes...

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Dany » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 am

HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:It's not terribly expensive with a roommate! How much are you wanting to spend per month?


~$8000 (about $1000 more than a single in "New Grad Housing"). I dont mind a roommate at all, just thought it was still pretty expensive even with a roomy; cant tell though cuz website doesnt have any quotes...

:?: Is that per year? So like ~$650 per month?

sarahlawg
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sarahlawg » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 am

HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:I really, really appreciate it. I didn't have to do a FAFSA or anything for undergrad, so I'm so new at this.

As an aside, I am spending unhealthy amounts of time on the Accepted Students' site and the Regents website looking at floor plans. *is in love*


haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty

It's not terribly expensive with a roommate! How much are you wanting to spend per month?


~$8000 (about $1000 more than a single in "New Grad Housing"). I dont mind a roommate at all, just thought it was still pretty expensive even with a roomy; cant tell though cuz website doesnt have any quotes...


those singles are tiny! My kitty needs more room.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 am

HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty

It's not terribly expensive with a roommate! How much are you wanting to spend per month?


~$8000 (about $1000 more than a single in "New Grad Housing"). I dont mind a roommate at all, just thought it was still pretty expensive even with a roomy; cant tell though cuz website doesnt have any quotes...


Regents is crazy cheap.. They have special deals for law students: --LinkRemoved--

700-750/month each for a two bedroom w/ roommate. After looking at NYC/Cambridge/Palo Alto prices for the last few months that is absolute heaven.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:04 am

So everyone knows, I contacted needaccess and was informed that if you can't get some information just explain so in the student special circumstances section.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby HowdyYall » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 am

tkgrrett wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
eskimo wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
haha amen to Regents. I just cant get myself to go further in debt living in a "Luxury Apartment" during law school though :( id feel too guilty

It's not terribly expensive with a roommate! How much are you wanting to spend per month?


~$8000 (about $1000 more than a single in "New Grad Housing"). I dont mind a roommate at all, just thought it was still pretty expensive even with a roomy; cant tell though cuz website doesnt have any quotes...


Regents is crazy cheap.. They have special deals for law students: --LinkRemoved--

700-750/month each for a two bedroom w/ roommate. After looking at NYC/Cambridge/Palo Alto prices for the last few months that is absolute heaven.


holy crap, i had no idea it was that cheap! thats what im paying now for a crappy apartment with five roommates

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby sgtgrumbles » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 am

I just got my second under review date - 1/18. My first was 12/23. I'm in the Rubenstein pile, right?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 am

HowdyYall wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
Regents is crazy cheap.. They have special deals for law students: --LinkRemoved--

700-750/month each for a two bedroom w/ roommate. After looking at NYC/Cambridge/Palo Alto prices for the last few months that is absolute heaven.


holy crap, i had no idea it was that cheap! thats what im paying now for a crappy apartment with five roommates


Look at the prices for the graduate student housing.. Decent apartments for even cheaper than that. I would definitely try to get some with the school if not for the fact I plan on having a SO living with me who wont be a student.

Kent M
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby Kent M » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Have my first UR today.

User avatar
AfroThunder1212
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby AfroThunder1212 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:I just got my second under review date - 1/18. My first was 12/23. I'm in the Rubenstein pile, right?


ditto

User avatar
SisyphusHappy
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby SisyphusHappy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 pm

UR 1/19, submitted early December.

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: UChicago 2011

Postby ebeth » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Kent M wrote:Have my first UR today.


me too! finally.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”